Help me with my level design, please

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

wonderland fan
Gold Wonderlander

Help me with my level design, please

Post by wonderland fan » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:01 pm

I made a level where you have to guide Qookie through patrolling Shadow Stinkers which are munipulated buy Stinky, Loof, and Peegue sliding on conveyor belts and ice. Shadow Stinky and Loof's paths are 7 tiles long. The Shadow Peegue's patrol a square route, which has a 16 tile perimeter. When I try to test the level, the Shadow Stinkers only patrol PART of their routes! How do I make this level work?

NOTE: The length or perimeter of Stinky, Loof, and Peegue are the same as the Shadow Stinkers.

[EDIT BY MS: Title of the thread changed. Please keep it descriptive (not just "help"]
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:19 pm

If the shadows are on the very borders of the level, they may sometimes shoot only two tiles forward. Make sure they aren't on the border. Make the level bigger.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Deetster
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Deetster » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:07 pm

Also make sure that while Peegues route does have to more conveyors long, that it is longer in the opposite direction of Peegues shadow stinker since the shadow stinker moves in the opposite direction, and a design otherwise would make the shadow stinker face the wall for an extended period of time if I'm not mistaken.