Help with my level design, again

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

wonderland fan
Gold Wonderlander

Help with my level design, again

Post by wonderland fan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:38 pm

This time I have a level that involves a little thing at the end. The green teleporter that is supposed to take me to the other green teleporter doesn't work, but the red one does!

NOTE: There are more than two green and red teleporters in this level. But those are inaccessible. Thus- like the Red Teleporter did- the green one should've warped me to the only other accessible green teleporter.

Any idea what I can do to fix it?
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:01 pm

You might've just gotten lucky with the red teleporter. I don't think there's a guaranteed behavior for what happens when you have more than 2 teleporters of the same color. Most likely the game just searches for the first matching-color teleporter (open or not) it could find and that's it, probably in some simple logical order like left-to-right from top-to-bottom.

You could try repositioning your green teleporters and hope it changes which one the game finds first. If you're making a plantinum level you could also use custom textures to create fake teleporters for the inaccessible ones.
wonderland fan
Gold Wonderlander

Post by wonderland fan » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:43 am

The first time I tried fixing I made the second green teleport's platform bigger. Second, I relocated the second green telelport. Finally, I put the first one at the end of a path and still the same thing.

I'll just use a texture. But two problems:

1. I don't know how.

2. I don't know how to use it in the level.

Must make RTW reference! There's got to be another way!
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:24 pm

Malcdelsol found out years ago that when you have multiple teleporters of the same colour there is a rule thatit follows as to which one you will come out of. I can't remember exactly but I think it was you always come of the rightmost bottom teleporter. I don't know what would happen if that particular isn't 'open' to be used, whether you would go to the next one left of it or above it or what.

Try making a test level with several teleports in and see what happens.
Pauline