Deluxe Levels Completed !!

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Deluxe Levels Completed !!

Post by malcdelsol » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:47 pm

Hi Wonderlanders,

I know this is going to sound like I am boasting - but for all I know several of you have already completed the Delux levels and just haven't posted.

Someone had to post though if only to let all other 'deluxers' know that every level is playable - many of them took some doing though (you thought my levels were tough :twisted: :twisted: )

I have completed all 51 levels, getting all of the bonus coins and without using the Online-Solutions :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now for the bad news - I've missed clue C 3 of 3 somewhere towards the end - oh well, back to the drawing board :?

Good luck everyone,

Malcdelsol 8)
(Lord & husband of Lady IDJIT)
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:59 pm

Congratulations ;)
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:04 pm

Oh my God!!! :shock:

I thought you said you didn't spend much time indoors now. Someone's been telling porkie pies. :wink:

I found the levels quite easy till I got to world 5, now it's gone a bit pear shaped. :roll:

I found 4 clues up to now, but I've had a sneaky look at all the worlds and I can only see 1 more. But if you're right there must be 4 more.

Have you figured Feature B out yet, I'm having a hell of a time with that message. :? I've got all the bits, I know what I'm supposed to do, but I can't make any sense of it. :oops:

I suppose now you've finished the set levels you'll be a bit bored. You can always start making some levels, you know. We won't stop you. 8)
Pauline
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Re: Deluxe Levels Completed !!

Post by LinkyNStoof » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:21 pm

malcdelsol wrote:I know this is going to sound like I am boasting - but for all I know several of you have already completed the Delux levels and just haven't posted.
Oh good job! Now that that's out of the way, you can start making us some deluxe custom levels! :D :wink:
malcdelsol wrote:Someone had to post though if only to let all other 'deluxers' know that every level is playable
Hehe, I have faith in Patrick, that they didn't spend all that time in May and June just to heap a bunch of impossible levels upon us.

But yeah, these levels certainly have been trialing my faith a bit, and I'm only halfway there! :shock: :wink:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:43 pm

I wish one of the secret features would allow me to play in slow motion. Some of the later levels need split second timing and I just can't hack it. :roll: :(

I'll have to find a stand in to do those for me. :lol:
Pauline
Milchi
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Milchi » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:07 am

I agree that all new levels are playable, but they mostly are not worth the while.

First, I can see the potential of the new items etc.; but they are rarely used in a way to interest me (e.g. floating kegs of explosive as a replacement for floating boxes). Second, most levels are small/easy to understand: There is too little to explore, which I find really boring.

Let's hope the custom levels will live up to the potential of the new features.

M.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:33 am

The thing with using kegs as bridges is that you have to be more careful pushing them around. Accidentally push them into a wall and you're dog meat. That doesn't happen with boxes.

I think the set levels are very good. They tell a story, so some will be easier than others, and I think, more than anything, they are there to show you what all the new items do.

If you want more exciting levels get into the editor and make some. :wink:
Pauline
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Post by malcdelsol » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:30 am

Hi Wonderlanders,

Pleased to report that I have finally found the last clue - C3 of 3 :lol:

To reply to some of the comments above:-

popo - it is TOO hot and humid to sit at the computer for anyone who is sensible. That's not me then so at 3 in the morning with 2 fans on I was fine :wink: :wink:

Linky&Stoof - point taken - 'playable' was not in anyway meant to suggest that Patrick would supply levels that could not be completed. Perhaps I should have said 'achievable by someone like myself who does not have the quickest of finger movement' :lol:

Milchi - Sorry, but I cannot agree with your comments at all. Every level was part of the storyline with some being an adventure whilst others were a puzzle - I thought the complete package was 'awesome' :shock:

Finally, I must thank Jan for letting me be like a 'BIG KID with a new Toy' for the last 4 days and for some helpful hints along the way :o :o :o

Malcdelsol 8)
(Lord & husband of Lady IDJIT)
Milchi
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Milchi » Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:06 pm

popo wrote:The thing with using kegs as bridges is that you have to be more careful pushing them around. Accidentally push them into a wall and you're dog meat. That doesn't happen with boxes.

I think the set levels are very good. They tell a story, so some will be easier than others, and I think, more than anything, they are there to show you what all the new items do.

If you want more exciting levels get into the editor and make some. :wink:
I know about the differences between boxes and kegs. But that is no real innovation in my opinion.

The storyline is a good idea (and the training-concept aswell, just hadn't thought of it). But I think that a game has to be good in it's own right, without an editor. I am still only satisfied with worlds 6 and 7. The whole game should have been like this.

Perhaps I haven't made myself entirely clear before. What bores me is not the simplicity of some levels itself; it's more that one look often tells me what to do and the rest is mere, often lengthy execution -- no unforseen challenges happen or new stages/rooms are presented. This changes with world no 6.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:16 pm

I think that's the space world isn't it?

See, that's where people differ because I don't like the space ones, it must be the ufos, or perhaps it's just the look of the levels.

I prefer the ones in the town with the houses, but then I am a girl. :lol:
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:27 pm

Congratulation, Malc, can you tell me how you did w8??????? :?:

I`m stuck, I can`t get a box on the blue button, and I can`t keep the box on the yellow button, the ufo smashes it when I leave. I don`t even understand the order of doing things.
:oops: :oops: :oops:

AND it makes my eyes go wild :!: :!: :?

Inger
:lol: :lol:
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:12 pm

Milchi wrote:(e.g. floating kegs of explosive as a replacement for floating boxes)
That's rather inaccurate. Yes, the kegs can be uses like wooden boxes, but a lot of times you do make use of its unique properties, such as placing them in strategic locations to get rid of baddies. Other times, they are right in the path of a cannon which would blow up a whole group of kegs at once, and you have to quickly move one or two kegs out of the cannon's line of fire to avoid that.

I think I understand what you're saying with the new game elements being mostly "not that innovative", in the sense that they are mostly relatively small variations on one or more of the old game elements. But remember that the Deluxe edition is still based on the same old game engine back from Wonderland and RTW, just a bit updated. To make any truly "innovative" would probably have required some major changes, additions, or perhaps even rewrites of the RTW game engine, and that would've meant another month or more of delay!

Since you said you see potential in the new stuff, perhaps you should start playing around with the editor and see what you can come up with? I did remember you releasing one or two custom levels for the old RTW, it's a shame that you haven't made more since.