WA MOFI: Teaser Trailer released! UPDATE: Trailer #2 online

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

WA MOFI: Teaser Trailer released! UPDATE: Trailer #2 online

Post by Midnight Synergy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:29 am

A first "just for fun" look at the upcoming Wonderland Adventures: Mysteries of Fire Island has just been released!

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZOcjHoWK4

A longer trailer might follow.

[Updated January 8th - scroll down for link to second/longer trailer]
Last edited by Midnight Synergy on Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:44 am

I laughed at the "work can wait" one.
The sequel looks very good, and nice of you to finally release a small trailer.
P.S. First! :lol:
(Note that you shouldn't just say "first" if you have nothing else to say though)
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:57 am

Oooh, it looks gooooood, can hardly wait. Will it be out for Christmas do you think? :D
Pauline
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:59 am

popo wrote:Oooh, it looks gooooood, can hardly wait. Will it be out for Christmas do you think? :D
I am quite certain of that (but it ain't finished until it's finished). I would guess another week or two.
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Post by eeyore31 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:58 am

:D Oh boy !!!! :D Looks great!! I'm ready and waiting :lol:
Yes, I'm a donkey......
and I'm purple.....
and I am Polly, Minnie's little sister.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:09 pm

Very nice trailer Patrick! :D
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:47 am

January 8th Update:

I've also just posted a second 'real' trailer on youtube. This is one part of the larger marketing around the game that will be going on this month (the release in December was not much beyond the core of Wonderland players).

Here's the trailer link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRIg09qzDgk

Please note that - like any trailer - it does show a few snippets from the game. If you're not very far into the game yet, you might want to skip this if you want to remain spoiler-free.

If you have a Youtube account (or even if not), please consider leaving a rating and a (hopefully positive) comment.

Thanks in advance, and I hope you enjoy it! I'll be posting with a few more forum and game related things in the coming days.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:49 am

Midnight Synergy wrote:If you have a Youtube account (or even if not), please consider leaving a rating and a (hopefully positive) comment.
I definetly will, only people without YouTube accounts can't do anything but watch videos.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:16 am

Mine's in!!
Inger
Norway
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:45 pm

Salin wrote:Mine's in!!
Me too!
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:55 pm

I put my comment in, of course I'm under a different name on youtube. Looks really neat Patrick. I've been busy lately even though I downloaded the trial version I still haven't installed it yet.
jwdo
Rainbow Seeker

Post by jwdo » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:10 pm

I don't know if I should be the one to tell you guys, but Gametrailers doesn't share our love with Wonderland games.
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/10767.html
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:45 pm

Haha - that's "almost" funny. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:12 pm

Are you talking about the comments there?
Inger
Norway
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:22 pm

I think so. But that is the way you think when you first look at a Stinker, you kind of go "What?" (Even I, when I was not on the forum and was looking at Secret Worlds on ArcadeTown, the character did look kinda "What?" back then.) XD
dlcs18
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:47 am

They're very rude aren't they? So they're allowed to swear like that on that forum are they? :shock:

Actually, it's a good job none of those morons want to play it, because with less than one brain cell between them they'd have no chance getting to the end of it. :P

Wonderland isn't just a 'game', it's an institution. :wink:
Pauline
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:20 pm

Wow, I just read the comments, and they are rude Popo.
Yes, this is in fact a very friendly forum, with very friendly gamers. I don't understand why other forums aren't like that.

It seems like all they want is perfect-looking 3D games that have a fluent way of moving, and nothing that's very complicated to solve. Very few people thought that the game wasn't bad, from what I've read. I could go on, but let's just say, "I don't get it." :wink:
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:06 pm

OK. I might be incredibly dense :oops: but where do you read these comments you're all talking about? I follow the link and I don't see any comments. I think I need specifics on this one, please.
\Mette
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:17 pm

Click on the SD tab at the side of the images.
Pauline
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm

mette wrote:OK. I might be incredibly dense :oops: but where do you read these comments you're all talking about? I follow the link and I don't see any comments. I think I need specifics on this one, please.
The link goes to a page that has video links to two MOFI trailer videos, and when you go to each video there are comments under the video.

I wouldn't put much stock into the comments; remember, they're all based off of a trailer video, not someone actually trying out the game. I'm not even sure how many of those commenters actually know this is a puzzle game. It's no secret that Wonderland doesn't exactly fit in the mold of the sort of games that are popular nowadays, which is all that's being reflected in the comments.
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:51 pm

Click the link
You'll see one thing titled "Next Chapter Trailer"
You'll see another titled "Many Messes Trailer"

Click in either title and it will bring up the video. Below the video is the section for comments.

Yes, they were quite rude. It strikes me that most of them are judging the game by the trailer. I doubt more than 1 or 2 have played the demo. Even then, I see two things here:

1. These people prefer gore and violence. I looked at the top 10 rated games. 8 were Grand Theft Auto, Resident Evil, Halo, and other shoot em ups. Only 2 were not - I think. Super Mario Galaxy and Legend of Zelda TP. Maybe they are shootem ups? (BTW, Wonderland does have it's share of shooing. You have to shoot Brrr or Pow to stop critters. But no blood. :lol: Oooo, scarey!!! :lol: )

2. If they ever got around to playing the game, I guarantee 99% will end up here asking for help. I couldn't believe how many looked at the graphics and said it must be a kid game. I'll bet if you set up a poll in the General area or, better yet the WA section asking the age ranges of players (like you did years ago for the whole forum), you'd find that there are far more adults that you suspect. And both adults and kids have been asking for help.

OK, off my soap box, now.

Wonderland has been for 5 year, my favorite game. And will continue to be my favorite for the next # years. Of course, I'm probably preaching to the choir here. :oops:
Loirae
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:56 pm

Loirae wrote:1. These people prefer gore and violence. I looked at the top 10 rated games. 8 were Grand Theft Auto, Resident Evil, Halo, and other shoot em ups. Only 2 were not - I think. Super Mario Galaxy and Legend of Zelda TP. Maybe they are shootem ups?
No, Super Mario Galaxy isn't a shoot 'em up, althought it does have shooting Star Bits to stun monsters

The reason why its in the top 10-list thingy because its AWESOME XD
dlcs18
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:07 pm

So I've heard. But is it as cool as Maple Story? :shock: :D
Loirae
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:12 pm

Loirae wrote:Of course, I'm probably preaching to the choir here.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think so. Maybe you better tell those people who commented on the gametrailers site. But, on the other hand .....
popo wrote:.... with less than one brain cell between them they'd have no chance getting ...
... the point of what you mean. 8)
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:09 pm

I also found them rude, and my first thought was to "tell them", and also tell them what a great game this is. But then I realized that the result would be that they came in here with all their WTF (sorry) and **** and *#*, and I don't want that.
Inger
Norway
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:15 pm

Loirae wrote:So I've heard. But is it as cool as Maple Story? :shock: :D

Ooh, um... well, uh... hmm, umm, ooooh... errr... well, no...

It's better! :lol:

EDIT: I just read the comments on the 2 vids rite now and they are so LOL! :lol:
dlcs18
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:54 am

Loirae wrote:Click the link
You'll see one thing titled "Next Chapter Trailer"
You'll see another titled "Many Messes Trailer"

Click in either title and it will bring up the video. Below the video is the section for comments.

Yes, they were quite rude. It strikes me that most of them are judging the game by the trailer. I doubt more than 1 or 2 have played the demo. Even then, I see two things here:

1. These people prefer gore and violence. I looked at the top 10 rated games. 8 were Grand Theft Auto, Resident Evil, Halo, and other shoot em ups. Only 2 were not - I think. Super Mario Galaxy and Legend of Zelda TP. Maybe they are shootem ups? (BTW, Wonderland does have it's share of shooing. You have to shoot Brrr or Pow to stop critters. But no blood. :lol: Oooo, scarey!!! :lol: )

2. If they ever got around to playing the game, I guarantee 99% will end up here asking for help. I couldn't believe how many looked at the graphics and said it must be a kid game. I'll bet if you set up a poll in the General area or, better yet the WA section asking the age ranges of players (like you did years ago for the whole forum), you'd find that there are far more adults that you suspect. And both adults and kids have been asking for help.

OK, off my soap box, now.

Wonderland has been for 5 year, my favorite game. And will continue to be my favorite for the next # years. Of course, I'm probably preaching to the choir here. :oops:
Oh, I see, I see. :)
That is sort of what I mean, but you've detailed it a lot more. Nothing at all wrong with what you're saying, and anyway, we're all Wonderlanders. :wink:

Salin, true, but they don't know the address of this forum. Of course, they could just look it up on Google. OMG, all the swearing spam that could result from that... :shock:
Actually, one person said that they played the game for 5 minutes, and were bored of it, but were they really? Wasn't it just a new experience, and, was it too hard? :lol:
Well, we all have different lives. They are just a different, and bigger, class of gamers. We're fine as we are though, aren't we?
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:41 am

I don't put any weight on the comments. Gametrailers is just a very different audience - far more hard-core game oriented. This will just be a test of the statement "there is no such thing as bad publicity."

And - in their defence - the trailer does look cheap compared to the multi-million dollar extravaganzas that the other games put out. And given the graphics, the game does come across as a game "just for kids". This is a "problem" that Wonderland always had - you only become aware of the depth of its gameplay after you really get into the game.

I doesn't bug me. I could do without the swearing. :) And it was interesting for me to see how much the casual and hard-core audience still diverge. On the flipside, most of the games that hard-core gamers are drooling over just make me roll my eyes. Been there, done that, but now with prettier decapitation animations. :roll:

And who knows, maybe even just one person tries out the demo long enough to get hooked and join our gang. If you are that person reading this post - say "hi". :D

Cheers,
Patrick
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:14 am

When I first layed eye's on Wonderland I almost didn't play cuz it did look like a kids game.
Of course I was hooked one level in, the rest is history. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keeks
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:33 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:On the flipside, most of the games that hard-core gamers are drooling over just make me roll my eyes. Been there, done that, but now with prettier decapitation animations. :roll:
I agree. From what I've seen, hard-core gamers just want first person shoot-em ups and I think they are boring because there are so many of them. I am surprised that they haven't gotten extremely bored of them yet. XD
dlcs18