so who has made it to the end?

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

tessa123123
Rainbow Wonderlander

so who has made it to the end?

Post by tessa123123 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:38 pm

I finally made it after about a month of non-stop playing and with the help of all your helps and hints.
I think I used the cheat on about 9 games, so not too bad there.
Got the magic 128 stars - the last ones were the easiest.
Good value for money and I enjoyed every minute of it.
I only hope that the boffins who made this game cater for the 'lesser' boffins amongst on the next set of adventures please.
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:58 pm

I made it to the end. Everything played - everything collected - no cheating 8)

(sorry, I couldn't help myself bragging a little :lol: )
\Mette
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:14 pm

mette wrote:I made it to the end. Everything played - everything collected - no cheating 8)
That's hardly surprising when you made some of the levels yourself. :P :lol:
Pauline
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:30 pm

But how about the people who tested the game then? I saw some names with the credits, and those are people on the forum. Didn't they test/play the whole game? Or did everyone a few levels?

Actually I think we should not finish the whole game before there's almost a new one. 8)
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:35 pm

I don't know about those who was in from the beginning. But I came in as a tester only a month before the release, so I never got to the end.
But I am almost there :wink: 108 stars and no cheating. (Yeah, I like to brag too) :wink: "Only" 20 levels left, I suppose :lol:
Inger
Norway
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:23 pm

I've just got 6 levels (that I previously cheated on :oops: ) and the final one to do. Thanks to all the wonderful help and solutions. I have 322 coins and nothing left to spend them on. Is there a shop at the end of at the end of it all (that's a mouthful) where I can buy some souvenirs? :)
Pauline
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 pm

Nah, Marinus, I didn't make it to the end either. I think I would have but whenever a new version came out, I went back to the beginning and didn't use the cheat code because:
a) Fixing some issues might lead to new problems, so I wanted to look at everything again
b) I couldn't start from where I left off anyway because the player data didn't convert.

In fact, before the official release, I only made it as far as Acid Pools area. :oops:

Popo: I think you can donate your coins to the Stinker Therapy And Rehabilitation Society.

In case you haven't heard of it, STARS is a Wonderland institution with facilities for Stinkers from MOFI with mental breakdowns related to puzzle solving and for rehabilitation of Stinkers with limb loss from frostbite and creature bites. They also have a special burn unit for MOFI Stinkers trapped in the volcano one too many times.

I'm sure they'd love the 322 coin donation. I hear they are running into a little overcrowding problem and are trying to build a EuroSTARS location. :D
Loirae
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:56 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think it's even better to go first back to the levels you couldn't do first instead of cheating to go to the end soon too!

But nevermind, I don't have to worry about. I'm not even halfway yet. I'm replaying levels and writing walktroughs from the beginning now, and to be honest, I like that as much as playing new levels at the moment. I'll be glad if I've still some levels to play after a couple of months :D
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:59 pm

popo wrote:
mette wrote:I made it to the end. Everything played - everything collected - no cheating 8)
That's hardly surprising when you made some of the levels yourself. :P :lol:
Well. I wasn't a very good tester this time. I had too much other stuff going on in my life at the time, so I only ever fully tested a handful of the other designers adventures, so I'd say 90-95% of the game was new to me too. Of course my own adventures were easy :lol: :lol: :lol:
\Mette
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:08 pm

I haven't finished either.
I elected to keep playing the BETA, so after I finally got all of Loopys secrets........The extras were .........UNAVAILABE!
So I have completely uninstalled everything and started over. I am just now entering KaBoom! village.

Midnight Synergy made many of the adventures, and as testers, we didn't get to preview all of them. :shock:
Some adventures were never fully explained by the designers, so if you couldn't get them on your own, you couldn't get them on your own. :roll:
So there were plenty of challenging adventures and surprises left, even for the designers and testers.
jg
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:40 pm

Loirae wrote: Popo: I think you can donate your coins to the Stinker Therapy And Rehabilitation Society.

In case you haven't heard of it, STARS is a Wonderland institution with facilities for Stinkers from MOFI with mental breakdowns related to puzzle solving and for rehabilitation of Stinkers with limb loss from frostbite and creature bites. They also have a special burn unit for MOFI Stinkers trapped in the volcano one too many times.

I'm sure they'd love the 322 coin donation. I hear they are running into a little overcrowding problem and are trying to build a EuroSTARS location. :D
Right then, STARS it is. Do they take PAYPAL, and can I go there on holiday? :D
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:22 pm

Nah, not on holiday, you go there when you've retired/gotten crazy from MOFI :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Inger
Norway
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:18 pm

WOOOO HOOOO
I made the sky machine, thanks to you cbloppy!!!!!!! Iiiha!!!

Image Image Image Image Image

(didn't get a star though... :cry: )
Inger
Norway
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:04 pm

popo wrote:
Loirae wrote:I think you can donate your coins to the Stinker Therapy And Rehabilitation Society.
Right then, STARS it is. Do they take PAYPAL, and can I go there on holiday? :D
I checked with Mayor Peegue and it's called COINPAL in wonderland. But STARS doesn't have an account. You have to pay in person via coincash at First International Bank of Wonderland. There is a branch near the arcade in Wondertown, somewhere in Forbidden Forest (but it's hard to find and harder to return from), and on the western outskirts of Wonderfalls.

And you could go there on holiday, but it's just a bunch of crazee WLFers who have been admitted by worried friends and family. Or, as Salin says, you can check in on your own. You may need it. :lol:
Loirae
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:10 pm

I've gotten to the end, I'm done... Image

128 well-earned stars.
I'm now ready to admit myself to the STARS (actually my family has forced me to go)
Bye Image
Inger
Norway
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:54 pm

:D :D :D Got me 128 stars and been working on the few I cheated on. :D :D :D
Keeks
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:04 am

I didn't make it to the end either. I started out testing individual levels, then each time a Beta was released I'd start from the beginning again and again - reading, checking levels, etc...

The last Beta release I was up to the Snow camp and then the official release came out so I started all over again with a fresh slate, I am currently in the Kaboom village. :wink:
Cathy
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:52 pm

Dateline: Saturday January 24 2009

I finally made it to the end.
I cheated on Crevasse Chase and The Fuse and will probably never get either of them. I actually have no desire to even try those 2 again. (Sorry Luke)
Thanks to everyone for all their great hints, clues and walk-throughs.
I know I would never have finished some of the adventures without the generous help of the wonderful Wonderland forumites!
jg
I must go get some cleaning done now..................... :lol:

Cleaning Poem

I asked the Lord to tell me
Why my house is such a mess.
He asked if I'd been 'computering',
And I had to answer 'yes'

He told me to get off my fanny
And tidy up the house
And so I started cleaning up...
I started with.... my mouse.

I wiped and shined the topside.
That really did the trick...
I was just admiring my work..
I didn't really mean to 'click.'

But click, I did, and oops I found
A real absorbing game.
That I got SO way into.
Can you guess its name?<<Sigh>>

Nothing's changed except my mouse
It's very, very shiny.
I guess my house will stay a mess...
While I sit here on my hiney.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:26 pm

Ooh, what a fitting poem, it goes for me too :lol: :lol: :lol: Well put, Janet :lol:
Inger
Norway
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:04 am

I haven't even had time to notice what a mess my house is, I spend so long in front of the puter ..... but now I have a proper look I see my puter needs a good clean. :lol: :lol:
Pauline
nancyec
Gold Wonderlander

Post by nancyec » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:55 am

I'm finished w/ 128 stars!

I got frustrated towards the end & used cheats. One day, I'll probably play again at a leisurely pace & retry some levels or just start again. It's fun to play the game when it's new & everything is left to be discovered and it's fun to play the game when you know what's going on & where you're going. As for now, I'm getting back to my school work that I've neglected terribly; no more playing until I complete the course.

Thanks to all who helped & answered my questions. The tips and hits on this board made the game doable and definitely more enjoyable.

Best wishes to everyone!
Nancy
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:01 pm

Yay, I've just done the final level and got all 128 stars. I can't wait for the next episode now. :D
Pauline
nhelene
Silver Wonderlander

Post by nhelene » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:56 am

I have just replayed the entire game without any cheating. In fact this is the third time I do it and the second one without cheating. And I loved replaying it.

At the end of it all it made me think to someone who knows he has to convince an unbelieving world the the nightmare has begun. I named David Vincent.

Thanks to all those people who were much more clever than me for their fantastic hints and walkthroughs. This is really an addicting game and I loved to be addicted to it.

And Janet I love your poem which fits to me either
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:14 pm