Okay, How do I flo back to a level that I missed?

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Gold Raven
Rainbow Seeker

Okay, How do I flo back to a level that I missed?

Post by Gold Raven » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:58 pm

I am going into another area of the game...I think....anyway, I just looked and saw that I missed a level way back in the beginning! I talked to the Flo guy, but I don't know how to get back to the area that I missed....it was "Red Crab Nesting Area"......some Merlin has told me already not to worry about it now.....is there a chance at another part of the game that I will be allowed to get back there? Sort of like in WA with the key chimes.....I think that was it :shock: or was that Secret Worlds....

I getting where I need a nap! :(
"There is This World...and then There is The Next...and Between Them Both Are The Doors".....Jim Morrison
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:26 pm

:D If I'm right I did "Red Crab Nesting Area" much later in the game.

If you want to replay a level that you've played before, just talk to Guggenheimer and ask to flow you back. :D
chrise
Rainbow Seeker

Post by chrise » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:29 pm

Floing will let you play it again if you have completed it; otherwise, you need to find the adventure starting point.

I think Red Crab Nesting Area is in the temple. Even if you can't get back there now, you should be able to eventually.
Gold Raven
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Gold Raven » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:56 pm

Gosh! I sure hope so.......I have been so careful with the MOFI. The last game, WA, I missed some stars and never did reach 105, although I played it twice! So I get a little worried when I see the level solution posted on Mette's website and I don't have it in my "floing" levels......

Well I won't worry about it now..... :lol:

I just finished Blink River and I did it by the excellent instructions that Laurie :?: I think her name is, posted. What a fun level and at first I did not think that I could do it......

well, now it looks as if it time to go nighty night........ :shock: for a while anyway.

Thanks to you guys who gave me some hope that I can eventually play the level....

:D
"There is This World...and then There is The Next...and Between Them Both Are The Doors".....Jim Morrison
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Re: Okay, How do I flo back to a level that I missed?

Post by Erwin042 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:36 am

Gold Raven wrote:I am going into another area of the game...I think....anyway, I just looked and saw that I missed a level way back in the beginning! I talked to the Flo guy, but I don't know how to get back to the area that I missed....it was "Red Crab Nesting Area"......some Merlin has told me already not to worry about it now.....is there a chance at another part of the game that I will be allowed to get back there? Sort of like in WA with the key chimes.....I think that was it :shock: or was that Secret Worlds....

I getting where I need a nap! :(
You missed?
Meaning you didn't enter the adventure
you haven't found the entrance to that adventure
then you don't even can flo back

to flo back you have to finish it in one way or another
also when you used the cheat you can flo back
cos you get the star when you cheat and maybe more too
but not the coins and the gems when you cheat

you missed then you can't flo
you finished it, entered it but not with coins and gems then you are able to flo
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:37 am

Red crab nesting area is only level #6 so it's early on in the jungle. You need to walk all the way back to camp and then walk back slowly looking in every corner of every area until you find a star on the floor that's still yellow.
Pauline
Gold Raven
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Gold Raven » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:36 pm

:shock: :shock: :? :? :shock: :? :shock: :? :cry: :?: :?:

I went all the way back to the camp and even before that...and could NOT find the "Red Crab Nesting Area"..... :cry: :cry: :cry: ....so either I have not run across it yet, which a couple of Merlins have suggested, or it disappeared in the Twilight Zone..... :o :o :o ...but what I did find IS: another piece of the puzzle that I did not get from Horance the first time, and a Stone Key that somehow I forgot to pick up from a previous level......so onward to Ascent....

Wish me luck...............OH! and if you know where "Red Crab Nesting Area" is, please let me know in this thread or PM me....I would really appreciate it.... :D
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Have you looked absolutely everywhere in every area, been through all the arrows you can see, under the trees and down every path. Without starting a brand new game I couldn't tell you exactly where it is but I'm sure it's even before you reach the camp.
Pauline
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 pm

Don't worry about "Red Crab Nesting Area" :D

The list and the numbers on Mette's site are only if you need help on a level, but NOT to find out in what order you should play levels.

So first play every level you can find, and if you can't find any more levels, then we talk again. 8)
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:00 pm

Behind the Scene's extra info:

Red Crab Nesting area was originally part of the jungle, but later determined to be too difficult for that early in the game. The Adventure was moved into the temple. However, it was not given a new number and so in the Floing list it still shows up in the same group as early jungle adventures.

The advenrture is not difficult to find since all temple leves are in the same room.

Same thing with other levels, especially later in the game. So as Marinus said, don't worry about the order on Mette's site. Floing order does NOT match playing (or even finding) order.
Loirae
Gold Raven
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Gold Raven » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:19 pm

What a Relief :!: :!: :!:

...and as Always, thank each and every one of you....for I would have missed a piece of the map AND another stone key.

:D
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:45 pm

I've just started a completely new game, with a new player profile, just so I can write down exactly where all the levels are, and in what order they become available. Even taking screenshots of the locations. I think I'm going slightly mad. :? :lol: :lol:
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:26 pm

Time for you to consider taking a box with a wiew in STARS then :lol: :lol: :lol:
Inger
Norway
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:16 pm

popo wrote:I've just started a completely new game, with a new player profile, just so I can write down exactly where all the levels are, and in what order they become available. Even taking screenshots of the locations. I think I'm going slightly mad. :? :lol: :lol:
I was going to do that when I started a new game, but I got distracted. :roll:
Are you going to keep track of stuff like where to find all the stone keys, fire keys...etc? That would be good to know too.

Thanks popo, you're a gem!
jg
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:36 pm

I'm already doing that for Orbs, Maps, and ??? locations. I also already have all the level locations marked on the map. But since the map doesn't include the interior of Temple, volcano or SDI, Those are just kind of bunched together. I wrote the numbers on the actual images so I when I pull up the in-game map, it actually tells me something. :oops: 8)
Loirae
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:38 pm

Salin wrote:Time for you to consider taking a box with a wiew in STARS then :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just saw this. :lol: :lol: :lol: I may have to start a thread where people can donate and we'll see how many we have in the end. :lol: :lol: :lol: But unless it were a sticky, it would get lost or forgotten. And honestly, it's not important enough to make a sticky out of it. :lol:
Loirae
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:48 pm

But it is still funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ( I've only got 311 coins)
Inger
Norway
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:04 am

janetgalle wrote:
popo wrote:I've just started a completely new game, with a new player profile, just so I can write down exactly where all the levels are, and in what order they become available. Even taking screenshots of the locations. I think I'm going slightly mad. :? :lol: :lol:
I was going to do that when I started a new game, but I got distracted. :roll:
Are you going to keep track of stuff like where to find all the stone keys, fire keys...etc? That would be good to know too.

Thanks popo, you're a gem!
jg
Yes my list consists of Level Name-Location-Item Gained. Plus pictures of locations with names marked. It might also include Floing Orbs and map pieces too. I want to make it as comprehensive as possible. :D
Pauline
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:10 pm

Excellent!
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:30 pm

Suggestion for Mette:

When popo sends you the pictures, you can still click on the name for the solution, but you can click on the location for a picture and a brief decription of where the level is! :D
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:33 pm

:D Yes, surely a good idea! Do you also make it so, if you click on a button of a level or orb or key, a little lamp goes burning or flashing at the right place on the map? 8)
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:45 pm

Marinus wrote::D Yes, surely a good idea! Do you also make it so, if you click on a button of a level or orb or key, a little lamp goes burning or flashing at the right place on the map? 8)
Now thats an idea! :D 8) It could be a star for a level, and a Floing Orb, for, well, a Floing Orb! That way the map legend would be easy to follow. :D (And for a bonus, put a scale showing the Stinkometermiles. :lol: )
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:06 pm

Marinus wrote::D Yes, surely a good idea! Do you also make it so, if you click on a button of a level or orb or key, a little lamp goes burning or flashing at the right place on the map? 8)
Good heavens, you don't want much do ya? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pauline
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:13 pm

:D Yes, I do :lol:

I remember when I was young it happened a few times I went with my parents to a museum or whatever, and if there was such a map with buttons and lamps, I always tried to press all the buttons the same time. :idea:

What that matters, I'm not changed much. Still playing games, still a child. :lol:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:48 pm

What am I going to do with this thing when it's done? I'm up to the bottom of the canyon now. Tons of pictures. Also trying to put all the stars, rainbows and orbs on the map. It's a tedious job. Shall I post it in parts or wait till the lot's done? It will be an enormous file if I wait till it's finished.
Pauline
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:06 pm

I think, since there now already are a lot of people with questions like "Where can I find this or that?", it's good to post already some parts what you have now. But when you've finished the whole thing you'd better post it all in one piece, also the parts which you had posted before. If there are little things you want to change or add in the meantime, you can do that then at the moment you post the whole thing.

But isn't it your intention to send it to Mette, so she can put it on her website? (Maybe Patrick also would want to have it on his website but since Mette already started a solutionpage ....) In that case you'd better ask her. For there's no use in just posting it on the forum. Then within some time it's on page 2 or 3.
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:13 pm

popo wrote:What am I going to do with this thing when it's done? I'm up to the bottom of the canyon now. Tons of pictures. Also trying to put all the stars, rainbows and orbs on the map. It's a tedious job. Shall I post it in parts or wait till the lot's done? It will be an enormous file if I wait till it's finished.
There are 8 pieces to the map, are you doing it as a whole or each piece separately?
I actually have semi-complete maps of the Volcano, the Jungle Temple and Sundog Island. (I was working on them, just for fun :roll: , after Patrick decided against detailing those areas.) I could send them to you.........except they are on a laptop, which is currently in Missouri with my husband.
I will see if I can talk him through gathering them up, zipping them up and sending them to me....highly unlikely, since he is not a computer person, but I'll see what happens.
He will be there for another 5 or 6 weeks. I might go down for a visit in a week or two, but you'll be done with your project by then.
So, carry on......... :)
jg

Shout out to Laura:
You're near Branson aren't you? Columbia is where my husband is now. Isn't that about 100 miles away from you?

jdl: I asked Patrick about how many Stinkermetermiles long/wide the island was, but he never gave me an answer............ :(
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:49 pm

I've been doing the map as a whole. It's huge. If you want to be able to see everything. I've currently got it printed as a poster on 4 A4 sheets so that I can mark everything on it. The bmp file is 2048 x 1024 pixels. I could save it as a png which would bring the file size down a bit, but it has to be big to see everything. :shock:

For the ones in the volcano and temple I was just going to put one star to represent all that were in there, and I wasn't doing any for Sundog Island coz it ain't on the map. Your maps for those would be handy, or maybe you could do those ones yourself seeing as you started already. It'll be a few days before I get to the temple anyway. I must get a life outside Fire Island. :lol:
Pauline
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:22 pm

Here's the first page of the locations and item gained, up to the point you go into the volcano. I have been doing screenshots too but they need organising and the file will be very big so I don't know if I will be able to put it on here. I'll have to ask Mette if she'll put it on her site.
Attachments
MOFI level locations.zip
In PDF format, you'll need Acrobat Reader to open it.
(3.93 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
Pauline