Wonderland fans - it's time to stand up.

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Wonderland fans - it's time to stand up.

Post by tyteen4a03 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:00 pm

It's been 538 days since the release of the first WA:PoTZ preview screenshot. Since then, there has been many hiatuses and development was paused. And just an hour ago MNIK posted about it dead. I have been sitting in the audience, waiting patiently that Patrick can solve this himself, but this might be the right time to say: Patrick, you need help.

I can help in the following ways:
-Forum Administration and moderation (I know everybody hated me on the forum, so I will let the forum grow itself and pop in when really necessary)
-Coding support (PHP, Python, I can learn Blitz halfway)
-Server hosting (webhost currently, will get a dedicated server later on)
-Community management (e.g act as a middleman for ideas and stuff)
-Music (vocal)
-Storyboard/plot planning

Patrick, I know you will refuse and continue working alone, but please, it's time to get rid of the idea. In order for Wonderland to live, you must let us work with you.

Forum users, lurkers and anonymous Wonderland players - It's time to speak up. Wonderland is at risk, and we need your help.
For those who were disappointed by the community - Please just forget about all the past. We need to focus about what's happening now and what will happen next, and your help is deeply appreciated.

Please leave a reply below with what you can help with, and explain a bit about it. Thank you for supporting Wonderland!
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:05 pm

Music? I am a somewhat good writer.. (and a song writer, too)
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:06 pm

Plot! I end up having to write short stories for school, and everyone who reads them likes it.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:07 pm

Drawing is also one of my talents, too. (storyboarding)
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:20 pm

MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:20 pm

The thing that MS had left to do was coding a few of the new POTZ wops and maybe another music track or two. But helping him with coding? Forget it. I'd be very, very surprised if he gave out the source code.

As for the story, I'd imagine he would have most of it planned out by now.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:24 pm

I can write plots... but I can't draw very well.
I can see what you mean by "Wonderland is dead". Of the top ten posters, only 5 are still here (mynameiskooky and the bottom four on the list). And no one has replaced Keeks or Liz since.
We can't let Wonderland die completely, even if POTZ never comes out.
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:27 pm

Yep...
I agree we need to stand up.
As for the ways to help I'm starting
to make some really good textures.
I could help with that!
:)
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:32 pm

I don't have as much time as I used to, so I'm rarely (if ever) creating any new music right now... but (just in case) all the music I did for the still unfinished and unreleased animation special by eee226 is up for grabs if MS needs it.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:34 pm

And what's more, every 10 minutes a new post is appearing! Hopefully we'll have 200 posts of protest before next year!!!

Yes: next year.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:36 pm

yot yot5 wrote:And what's more, every 10 minutes a new post is appearing! Hopefully we'll have 200 posts of protest before next year!!!

Yes: next year.
lolnope
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:39 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:The thing that MS had left to do was coding a few of the new POTZ wops and maybe another music track or two. But helping him with coding? Forget it. I'd be very, very surprised if he gave out the source code.
From what I know the programming's nearly done, but there are places that's still not done.

I understand that the code is the source to his money, but I think Patrick do need some help to keep the code going, so the game doesn't just die and the code becomes useless junk. Patrick just needs to let a few people he trusts to help with the coding.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:45 pm

I can say that I used to be very active on here, before and after MOFI and WA were released. Overtime the months have passed after MOFI was released and things have gotten rather boring for me. I've went from a very faithful fan who played the WDL games on a daily basis and designed a lot of WA levels, to a forum lurker. I only check the forums everyday for interesting topics, or for things like this.

I have to agree with Tyteen, you deserve some help Patrick, and I'm sure that the community would be glad to help in any way that we possibly can.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:31 pm

I also used to be pretty into Wonderland when it came out. I arrived at these forums around when WSW had just been released and I loved the game. After WA and MOFI came out, the series was one of my favorites, if not my very favorite. After a while, I slowly lost interest in the game and I left the forums for a while, a few months or something, I dunno. And then the first few pictures of POTZ came out. I was once again intrigued by Wonderland, but it hasn't turned out yet. I haven't played a single Wonderland game in more than 2 years, and now I just lurk in the off-topic section.

...why did I type out that entire story? All I wanted to say was that I could help out with digital graphics, like tilesets, skyboxes, textures, effects, et cetera (majorly that, but some drawing too) if the community is going to work on the game as well. I could probably throw together a 3D model or two if needed, as well.
Last edited by ~xpr'd~ on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
she/her | Sayori#2285
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:42 am

I've just been sitting and watching for PoTZ developments, and seeing all this nothing happening is slightly discouraging.

Having said that, I can help with beta testing (like with MoFI) and - after a few days or so of practice - level design. Not much, but... every little bit counts, right?
TheThaumaturge
Rainbow Master

Post by TheThaumaturge » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:54 am

I could help with level designing, maybe in the scenery area? I like to work on the aesthetic aspect of adventures. I don't know about designing the actual puzzles and all, but I guess I can help with that too if needed. :)
Into The Rainbow!

Next Adventure: The Federation: 0%

Gentleman Scientist Supreme.

MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:15 am

MS will elect adventure designers when (or if) the time comes, like he did with MOFI.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:26 pm

Folks - I'm sorry you are frustrated with the long delay on the game, but that's just the way it is. I'm not working on it currently (although I *think* I will be again in 2012), and it's not at a stage where I can invite help - managing coders and level creaters at this point would be as much work as doing it myself.

Once it's at that stage, you can bet you'll hear from me.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:10 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:I'm not working on it currently (although I *think* I will be again in 2012)
You think...? :(

C'mon, we can't wait another 400 days for any sign of progress. Just get the pre-production stage over with now, or the hiatus will just keep dragging out.
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:09 pm

Guys come on, there are other things you can do than play Wonderland, you can wait.

Also I guess I'm not sure how to explain this next part, so bear with me if i don't make sense... :/

Usually what the internet wants and what would actually be good are two different things. It's not like I'm saying this would happen in this case, but if Patrick had said yes to this, I would not be at all surprised to see Wonderland change a lot, in a probably negative way.

I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but just saying that letting random people from the internet help with your game is typically a bad idea.
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:27 am

Midnight Synergy wrote:Folks - I'm sorry you are frustrated with the long delay on the game, but that's just the way it is. I'm not working on it currently (although I *think* I will be again in 2012), and it's not at a stage where I can invite help - managing coders and level creaters at this point would be as much work as doing it myself.

but If we helped you, there is a possibility to release POTZ. or you might get multiple progress than you used to. :(
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [36%, In Progress]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:02 am

ab-47 wrote:
Midnight Synergy wrote:Folks - I'm sorry you are frustrated with the long delay on the game, but that's just the way it is. I'm not working on it currently (although I *think* I will be again in 2012), and it's not at a stage where I can invite help - managing coders and level creaters at this point would be as much work as doing it myself.

but If we helped you, there is a possibility to release POTZ. or you might get multiple progress than you used to. :(
He already explained that managing helpers would require more effort than just doing everything himself.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:35 am

It doesn't have to be help about PoTZ. Help on website/forum can also do.
maxnick wrote:I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but just saying that letting random people from the internet help with your game is typically a bad idea.
Players who played Wonderland since 2005 = random people?
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:02 pm

Anyone on the internet could be a scammer (or anything). Some people take YEARS to get someones trust and then steal personal imformation. Whoever you find on the internet, I don't think you should tell them something private.
On a happier note, let's see what happens in 2012. It's Wonderlands tenth birthday!
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:14 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:Players who played Wonderland since 2005 = random people?
I think so, yeah.
yot yot5 wrote:Anyone on the internet could be a scammer (or anything). Some people take YEARS to get someones trust and then steal personal imformation. Whoever you find on the internet, I don't think you should tell them something private.
Well if someone has been playing Wonderland sense 2005, I don't think their a 'scammer'. Also how would someone even steal Patrick's information by helping with his game?
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:35 pm

maxnick wrote:
tyteen4a03 wrote:Players who played Wonderland since 2005 = random people?
I think so, yeah.
nope

Also, Patrick still holds the key.
yot yot5 wrote:
Anyone on the internet could be a scammer (or anything). Some people take YEARS to get someones trust and then steal personal imformation. Whoever you find on the internet, I don't think you should tell them something private.
Example please?
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:33 pm

I exaggerated.
But still Tyteen, you're a player moderator and should know that posting your address, phone number and work ideas is pretty stupid. Anything on the internet can be seen (and used) by anyone.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:04 pm

maxnick wrote:Guys come on, there are other things you can do than play Wonderland...
There are other things that we can do in Wonderland! Sometimes I think that I am the only human that plays it anymore! There are so many users on this forum that haven't even played all the games and yet even they are complaining about the progression of POTZ!
exhypercube
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by exhypercube » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:41 pm

billy bob wrote:
maxnick wrote:Guys come on, there are other things you can do than play Wonderland...
There are other things that we can do in Wonderland! Sometimes I think that I am the only human that plays it anymore! There are so many users on this forum that haven't even played all the games and yet even they are complaining about the progression of POTZ!
I think we need a distraction.
I had this account since I was young. I'm in college now.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:35 pm

Various distractions:

1) IQ Marathon -- puzzle game. Guide the gray cow to the trophy. The cow is really stupid, so you need to place arrows on the floor to make the cow turn. Red arrows disappear once they're walked over, blue ones do not. Beware, you have a limited numbers of arrows on each level. (no carryover)
The first 42 levels are here: http://www.q-lympics.de/iq-marathon/
The next 42 levels are here: http://www.q-lympics.de/wintermarathon/
The "Nachtwanderung" set and the level editor has to be paid for, but levels made by others (separate .exe files) are also downloadable. There's HUNDREDS of them.
Download a ton of levels here: http://iqmarathon.com/levels.aspx
Download even more levels here: http://www.q-lympics.de/userlevels.php?downloads (requires you to register on the main site and it's in German)

2) Bricks -- puzzle game.
A sliding block puzzle. Your objective is to bring a certain block (or more than one) to a certain position. There are special elements like trap squares that turn into a wall once a block has been slid over them, sliders that only move horizontally or vertically and so on.
http://bricks-game.de/indexuk.html

You can find and download Bricks JR (easier) and Bricks I. (harder) To get Bricks II, you have to reach a certain amount of points in Bricks I and e-mail the score file to the author. Then Bricks III and so on. There's seven games now, the seventh being recently released. I'm on the fourth.

You can also find Custom Bricks I-IV and all of them are freely available with no score hassles. Beware, don't download the old DOS versions or you may hit the step limit while solving a particularly difficult puzzle.

The game keeps track of the amount of moves you needed on each puzzle and you can compare yourself to the world records. Getting a perfect scoreboard on any of the games (even JR) is damn near impossible.

3) Phit -- a puzzle game
Slide all the blocks in the bottom yellow area. They have to fit in perfectly. I just found this one, so I don't know much about it. You can play it here: http://www.coolmath-games.com/0-phit/index.html

4) Akitaoka's visual illusions -- eye-craze!
Witness them here: http://www.ritsumei.ac.jp/~akitaoka/index-e.html
Several classics as well as a HUGE library of things most have never seen before. I especially like the simpler ones, like the bulging illusion... can't beat it and can't understand why it works!

That should be enough to keep you up for a long time to come. :wink: :twisted:

Also, play those Puzzle/Action levels, dammit! You probably haven't played at least some of them! :wink:
Last edited by Muzozavr on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.