Wonderland fans - it's time to stand up.

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

exhypercube
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by exhypercube » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Thats not what I meant.
I had this account since I was young. I'm in college now.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:10 am

yot yot5 wrote:I exaggerated.
But still Tyteen, you're a player moderator and should know that posting your address, phone number and work ideas is pretty stupid. Anything on the internet can be seen (and used) by anyone.
The keyboard is in your hands. You can decide what to share and who to share with. Sometimes you have to share the information, for example your IP Address and email are viewable by Patrick and if you have posted in the new Off-topic forum, the player moderators. Both of them are already good enough to track you down to your street.

Work idea sharing is not always stupid, as this powers all the open-source software you see.

@Distraction: I will be working on a test MMO Wonderland very soon.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:14 am

MMO Wonderland
Now that sounds cool, a Multiplayer Wonderland? Here is my idea thread I made.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:23 am

StinkerSquad01 wrote:
MMO Wonderland
Now that sounds cool, a Multiplayer Wonderland? Here is my idea thread I made.
No, what I meant is a technical test. Even I started in 2012 I'd need help on world making and it won't be ready in 2012.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:13 pm

Muzozavr wrote:2) Bricks -- puzzle game.
I've tried out Bricks Jr. and it's a really good time killer/game to play in your spare time. :D
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:21 pm

jdl wrote:
Muzozavr wrote:2) Bricks -- puzzle game.
I've tried out Bricks Jr. and it's a really good time killer/game to play in your spare time. :D
I solved all levels and made them all green (perfect move scores) except for:

11. HOUSE OF USHER (+2)
23. RIVER (+1)
31. MIROGLU (+2)
32. ATTRACTION (+4)
41. MIRROR IMAGE (+1)
44. CLOSET (+7)
45. FISHY (+3)

This gets me the "Genius" rank, but not the "Super Genius" rank. I'm losing 20 moves on these levels and I can only lose 5 at most if I want to get the "Super Genius" rank. So I still have a lot to do here. :)

Be sure to try Bricks I as well, but don't try for the records immediately, it's nearly impossible to get everything perfect on Bricks I and beyond.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
eee226
Rainbow Star

Post by eee226 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:09 pm

I kinda agree with MS.
sometimes, kiwis have to die
exhypercube
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by exhypercube » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:26 pm

eee226 wrote:I kinda agree with MS.
me 2.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:Folks - I'm sorry you are frustrated with the long delay on the game, but that's just the way it is. I'm not working on it currently (although I *think* I will be again in 2012), and it's not at a stage where I can invite help - managing coders and level creaters at this point would be as much work as doing it myself.

Once it's at that stage, you can bet you'll hear from me.
He didn't mention Plot or Music. I'm really good at making plots; just look at my plot for the Wonderland Movie and ask Jozefkoma about the plot I made for Wizard's Council.

As for Music, listen to the bit I made for The Wonderland Movie titled "Zbot Attack." That says it all.
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:40 am

Also this is kinda off topic but since people were discussing other puzzle games I thought I'd put this here. (Although I should probably put this in off-topic).

Anyway I was thinking it would be cool to have a super complex sort of Wonderland-style puzzle game.

I'm pretty much aiming for something like this:

[(Minecraft + Volumetric Fluid (Like this, or this.) ) - Destructible terrain] + Wonderland + Chess + Chips Challenge + Cogs

Here's a messy list of random ideas I've had for this:

• Multiple kinds of fluid with different density and different properties
• Objects that have different weights and different properties
• Well it should probably start off with 2 dimensions like Wonderland, but possibly in later levels it could go up to like 4ish (But still 2d graphics, just multiple planes you can "teleport" throughout)
• Pistons, fire, TNT, Redstone-like system maybe, basically the more technical stuff from Minecraft
• Enemys that only move when you do like in Chips Challenge (At least thats how I remember them working)
• Gravity that comes in different strengths from different directions
• Magnets!
• Minimalist pixel art graphics
• No storyline
• Control with the mouse and only with the mouse
• Multiple characters that move differently (like stuff from chess)
• Stuff from the game cogs
• Rollover descriptions of objects (becuase with all this stuff it might be hard to remember how each object looks)

Yeah, so obviously this isn't a very concrete idea and a game with all that stuff might be confusingly horrible, but its fun to think about so I thought I'd post it here.

Wow, this post got really long, sorry about that... :oops:

EDIT: Ok, this post isn't actually that long I guess, it looked longer when I was typing it.

EDIT2: Ok it seems longer for some reason now, maybe I was right the first time. EDIT3: Oh it was becuase I added another line for the edit, duh.
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:31 pm

So it looks like we most definitely won't be needed for music -- the POTZ composer is Dan Reynolds, the same guy who made the new music in MOFI.

I thought I could do music, but WOW "Into The Jungle" from MOFI (which I recently acquired) puts all my efforts to shame and not just by the sound quality...

At Dan Reynolds' site you can find three tracks from POTZ. :wink: And I can't even be blamed, for anyone could find this with a bit of work.

http://www.musicianeer.com/index2.html
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:21 pm

I can only imagine how much more awesome those tracks will feel in-game! :o

there had better be german z-bots in potz
TheThaumaturge
Rainbow Master

Post by TheThaumaturge » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Just listened to those tracks, they are great! They gave me visions of how POTZ will be like already. :D
Into The Rainbow!

Next Adventure: The Federation: 0%

Gentleman Scientist Supreme.

StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:17 pm

Cool! Speculation:
The Red Desert: That red planet we saw with the Chomper, or Java because of the Bongos

Beyond the Stars: Uo, Ancient Temples

Z-Chronizied: I don't know.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:05 pm

~xpr'd~ wrote:I haven't played a single Wonderland game in more than 2 years, and now I just lurk in the off-topic section.
If you haven't played Wonderland for about a month then you shouldn't be on here. I think people have forgotten what this forum is really for. Is there anyone that is actually interested in Wonderland anymore? I'm seriously concerned that I am the only one left.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:13 pm

Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:30 pm

Emerald141 wrote:
billy bob wrote:
~xpr'd~ wrote:I haven't played a single Wonderland game in more than 2 years, and now I just lurk in the off-topic section.
If you haven't played Wonderland for about a month then you shouldn't be on here. I think people have forgotten what this forum is really for. Is there anyone that is actually interested in Wonderland anymore? I'm seriously concerned that I am the only one left.
That sounded rude.
I still play the games, and the Wonderland Adventures Editor sub-community is still active.
That sounded right.
exhypercube
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by exhypercube » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:17 pm

billy bob wrote:
I still play. I think people should be celebrating 10 YEARS OF WONDERLAND.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:26 pm

exhypercube wrote:
billy bob wrote:
9 more months, dude.
exhypercube
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by exhypercube » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:31 pm

Sammy_P wrote:
exhypercube wrote:
billy bob wrote:
9 more months, dude.
:oops:
VirtLands
Rainbow Master

MaxNick's Fun Ideas

Post by VirtLands » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:35 pm

[quote="maxnick"]
Also this is kinda off topic but since people were discussing other puzzle games I thought I'd put this here. (Although I should probably put this in off-topic).
Anyway I was thinking it would be cool to have a super complex sort of Wonderland-style puzzle game.
I'm pretty much aiming for something like this: ...

Here's a messy list of random ideas I've had for this:

• Multiple kinds of fluid with different density and different properties
• Objects that have different weights and different properties
• Well it should probably start off with 2 dimensions like Wonderland, but possibly in later levels it could go up to like 4ish (But still 2d graphics, just multiple planes you can "teleport" throughout)
• Pistons, fire, TNT, Redstone-like system maybe, basically the more technical stuff from Minecraft
• Enemys that only move when you do like in Chips Challenge (At least thats how I remember them working)
• Gravity that comes in different strengths from different directions
• Magnets!
• Minimalist pixel art graphics
• No storyline
• Control with the mouse and only with the mouse
• Multiple characters that move differently (like stuff from chess)
• Stuff from the game cogs
• Rollover descriptions of objects (becuase with all this stuff it might be hard to remember how each object looks)

Yeah, so obviously this isn't a very concrete idea and a game with all that stuff might be confusingly horrible, but its fun to think about so I thought I'd post it here.
[/quote]

Those are the like the ideas you'd find in Szai14's FUN IDEAS link: ;)
http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7129

I am happy with the RTW Platinum game, though recently
I've been distracted by other hobbies and stuff. If there were an
attempt to make another add-on for RTW that would be great.
I sort-of like the RTW interface better than that of W.A.'s
mouse-movement dependencies.

In a future scenario it would also be great if the playing view
(in RTW) can be adjusted as a custom setting, instead of having it
remain at 60° all the time.

I guess that I've been out of touch,
What is WA3 and what is P.O.T.z ? > ?

Can you read this > ?,...
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:55 am

WA3 = Wonderland Adventures 3

POTZ = Wonderland Adventures 3: Planet Of The Z-Bots
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Re: MaxNick's Fun Ideas

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:41 pm

VirtLands wrote:I am happy with the RTW Platinum game, though recently
I've been distracted by other hobbies and stuff. If there were an
attempt to make another add-on for RTW that would be great.
I sort-of like the RTW interface better than that of W.A.'s
mouse-movement dependencies.
In a future scenario it would also be great if the playing view
(in RTW) can be adjusted as a custom setting, instead of having it
remain at 60° all the time.
You can use Alt-X to do the same, but if it's built in that would be more fun, imagine that Stinky is entering an obstacle race and he can't look forward :P

An add-on to RTW would be kinda impossible without going into the assembly (unless we find a way to decompile Blitz3D code, that is)
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:51 pm

Emerald141 wrote:
billy bob wrote:
I still play the games, and the Wonderland Adventures Editor sub-community is still active.
But there is far more Wonderland-unrelated activity than Wonderland-related activity. I think that if Wonderland-unrelated activity was banned then most would leave. Many admitted it here.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:17 am

That was two years ago. It's possible to change. Like me.

tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:18 am

LittleZbot wrote:That was two years ago. It's possible to change. Like me.
I doubt it's going to change until PoTZ comes out.

Which could mean several years, pessimistically speaking.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:31 am

billy bob wrote:
I... Okay, what.

Question, and I mean this in the most polite way possible - who are you to tell someone they shouldn't be here when they're not breaking the rules? You're not a moderator or administrator, unlike ~xpr'd~, and even if you were that's never been part of the rules.

If you're wondering why the off-topic sections are so much more popular than the Wonderland-specific sections, it's as simple as that - they're Wonderland-specific. In other words, any other discussion isn't supposed to be there. Off-topic encompasses socializing as well as non-Wonderland topics. Removing socializing from discussion forums pretty much defeats the purpose, including on this board as a whole - The subtitle itself indirectly confirms that - "A place to meet and discuss all things Wonderland!"

If I can input my own personal thoughts here, I believe this is the reason so many kids tend to hate school classes. Not inherently because adults are telling them what to do, not inherently because they're learning, but because any discussion outside of the class' study subject is usually discouraged. They're not allowed to socialize or in some cases even talk unless it's relevant.

The difference is that classrooms are on a smaller scale and their purpose is relatively clear. A discussion forum tends to be much more vague by nature.

I could probably elaborate more, but it's 3:30 in the morning for me and I haven't gotten any sleep, so... Yeah.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:50 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:
LittleZbot wrote:That was two years ago. It's possible to change. Like me.
I doubt it's going to change until PoTZ comes out.

Which could mean several years, pessimistically speaking.
I meant people can change.

~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:11 pm

billy bob wrote:
Emerald141 wrote:
billy bob wrote:
But there is far more Wonderland-unrelated activity than Wonderland-related activity. I think that if Wonderland-unrelated activity was banned then most would leave. Many admitted it here.
Not only do I have every right to be here, but (in a maximally-polite manner) I honestly don't think you should be telling me my place like that, sir. Maybe if there was any new news about PotZ or something as the such, I'd be more compelled to become part of the community again. I would be playing wonderland right now, but not only did I just reformat my HD and lose all of my data, but I don't know what name was used to buy my copies of the wonderland games, so I can't email Patrick about losing them. I don't want to torrent the games since... well, I just don't. It's not a problem that there's more activity that has nothing to do with wonderland than there is activity pertaining to wonderland, because this happens. I can guarantee you (not really, but I feel like making a strong point here) that when PotZ gets released or SOME form of an updated WA editor, anything like that, that the rest of the forum about the games will spark up.
she/her | Sayori#2285
randalpik
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by randalpik » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:17 am

billy bob wrote:
Until a few weeks ago I hadn't played Wonderland for years. Then I found it again and decided to make an account here. From what I've seen on these forums, my concern isn't that people aren't interested in Wonderland in general, but that they're too concerned with PoTZ to play the original trilogy. I've tried WA and MOFI, and I like the first three games a lot better. Meanwhile on the forums, the original level exchange is like a ghost town, while this thread is getting constant comments.

That said, I think that was a bit harsh... but no one has to listen to me, as I only have 5 posts. :)