WA3 Crowd Sourcing: Questions for MS [Closed]

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:36 pm

Nobody wrote:
Super Nuclear Power wrote:
Krishiv738 wrote:
popo wrote:
janetgalle wrote:2. How tall are you in relation to a Stinker?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think he is a Stinker, and the Wonderland Series is his autobiography. :wink:

My question ... Do you knit your own hats or get them imported from Beanies R Us? :stinkycool:

What do you think!
He is not a stinker! Stinkers are Wonderland game Characters they are not real!
She was joking.
This is our community now. This is it.
Unfortunately learning takes time.

As said multiple times, the typing mistake was an honest mistake.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:12 pm

Krishiv738 wrote:What do you think!
He is not a stinker! Stinkers are Wonderland game Characters they are not real!
How do you know they aren't real? :wink:
Kabooms Rock
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Kabooms Rock » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:06 pm

Who does the music for the wa series, is it still Purple Motion or someone else?
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Starting from MOFI, all the "new" music, as far as I know, was done by Dan Reynolds. That's the jungle theme, the Kaboom! village and so on.

The music in the first WA game was still done by Purple Motion.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Kabooms Rock
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Kabooms Rock » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:16 am

Removed because of my inability to count to two....
Last edited by Kabooms Rock on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:51 am

Kabooms Rock wrote:What was the first thing you programmed? First game you tried making? First game you completed? What are some common problems you have in development of your games? Did you have any previous background in the games industry before creating MS? How did you get people to notice your games when you first started MS? How do you fund your games? How have you funded your games? What do you think is the most common misbelief about game developers? What do you think are some major differences between working alone on a game and working with a team? What do you think is your most successful game? Do you plan on making more games like Intensity XS or frazzled?
:shock:
HumanGamer
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by HumanGamer » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Ok, Here's my second question:
Will there be any future games for Wonderland in the adventures trilogy?

~ Matt
WA3 Editor Tools
WOP Research
WA Map Recreation

I was previously known as cooldudepoke.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:20 pm

Kabooms Rock wrote:What was the first thing you programmed? First game you tried making? First game you completed? What are some common problems you have in development of your games? Did you have any previous background in the games industry before creating MS? How did you get people to notice your games when you first started MS? How do you fund your games? How have you funded your games? What do you think is the most common misbelief about game developers? What do you think are some major differences between working alone on a game and working with a team? What do you think is your most successful game? Do you plan on making more games like Intensity XS or frazzled?
You can't ask a bunch of questions and pretend it's one question. Each question mark ends a question and starts a new one.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
boh123321
Rainbow Wizard

Post by boh123321 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:19 pm

That's a lot of questions :shock:
no
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:17 am

cooldudepoke wrote:Ok, Here's my second question:

~ Matt
POTZ is the third game.
HumanGamer
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by HumanGamer » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:16 pm

yot yot5 wrote:
cooldudepoke wrote:Ok, Here's my second question:

~ Matt
POTZ is the third game.
Wait, so your saying that trilogy is basically 3?
So, there's only 3 wonderland adventures games... :(
WA3 Editor Tools
WOP Research
WA Map Recreation

I was previously known as cooldudepoke.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:38 am

cooldudepoke wrote:Wait, so your saying that trilogy is basically 3?
So, there's only 3 wonderland adventures games... :(
That's the definition of a trilogy, yeah.
Kabooms Rock
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Kabooms Rock » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:05 pm

Nobody wrote:
Kabooms Rock wrote:Too many questions to quote
You can't ask a bunch of questions and pretend it's one question. Each question mark ends a question and starts a new one.
Oh yeah, two... For the second question I think I might settle with "Do you plan on making more games like Intensity XS or frazzled?" I apologize for my lack of attention to the rules above.
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:19 am

Where do you get sounds for wonderland adventures?I just got one in quake 2 game.
I am getting outta here, nothing is new, everything is boring.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Were you commissioned to make Krabby Quest, or did you make it for some random reason?

What's your opinion on all the hacks made to the WA Editor?
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:29 am

Did you ever plan to make a MOFI Editor, did you just intentionally skip it, or did you just forget it?
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:06 am

He did make it.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:23 am

Nobody wrote:He did make it.
Ah I see... you mean for himself, right? :P
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
Lucky-Luc
Rainbow Master

Post by Lucky-Luc » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:41 am

To give a slightly more informative answer than Nobody: Yes, there was a MOFI editor. Most of the adventures in MOFI were created by forum members, so there had to be one. IIRC it basically was the same as the WA editor, only with the MOFI elements added. If you want to know why it was never released to public, you'll have to ask MS though ;)

(MS - I hope you don't mind me giving away that information, but I figured it wasn't really that secret)
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:01 pm

Lucky-Luc wrote:(MS - I hope you don't mind me giving away that information, but I figured it wasn't really that secret)
Don't worry about it, that information was given away back in 2009.
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:57 pm

Which came first for the first WA game, the editor or the actual game?
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:17 pm

dig 222 wrote:Which came first for the first WA game, the editor or the actual game?
The editor has to come first or else MS won't be able to actually make levels.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:35 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:
dig 222 wrote:Which came first for the first WA game, the editor or the actual game?
He could simply use actual code to generate levels, but that would just waste time and be too complicated.
Lucky-Luc wrote:To give a slightly more informative answer than Nobody: Yes, there was a MOFI editor. Most of the adventures in MOFI were created by forum members, so there had to be one. IIRC it basically was the same as the WA editor, only with the MOFI elements added. If you want to know why it was never released to public, you'll have to ask MS though ;)

(MS - I hope you don't mind me giving away that information, but I figured it wasn't really that secret)
What I meant is an official MOFI editor, not the hacked one.
Last edited by md on Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:38 pm

Whoops, sorry, didn't realise I made 2 separate posts instead of combining them both into a single post. :oops:
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:40 pm

md wrote:
tyteen4a03 wrote:
He could simply use actual code to generate levels, but that would just waste time and be too complicated.
That is also possible, but coding a level editor first then improving it as he goes seems more plausible - you need to code it anyways.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:42 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:
md wrote:
tyteen4a03 wrote:
That is also possible, but coding a level editor first then improving it as he goes seems more plausible - you need to code it anyways.
I know that, I've done a bit of coding myself. It just makes more sense to make a small level editor for yourself (and other level designers) to create levels, even if it is as non-user friendly as possible. :P
Even if you do not plan to make a public level editor for other people to use, it is still much easier to make one for yourself, rather than coding every single level.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:57 pm

md wrote:
Lucky-Luc wrote:To give a slightly more informative answer than Nobody: Yes, there was a MOFI editor. Most of the adventures in MOFI were created by forum members, so there had to be one. IIRC it basically was the same as the WA editor, only with the MOFI elements added. If you want to know why it was never released to public, you'll have to ask MS though ;)

And that's exactly what Lucky-Luc was talking about. There was an official editor with MOFI elements added made by Patrick, which was given to the level designers of MOFI.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:09 am

jdl wrote:
md wrote:

And that's exactly what Lucky-Luc was talking about. There was an official editor with MOFI elements added made by Patrick, which was given to the level designers of MOFI.
Ah, but what I also meant was one that was released to the public. Was this editor by any chance one that is user friendly?

Maybe I should just simply rephrase my question...
Did you ever plan to release a MOFI Editor, did you just intentionally skip it, or did you just forget it?
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Question:
Is the POTZ game going to come with the editor like RTW or will we have to download it seperately?
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:04 pm

dig 222 wrote:Question:
Is the POTZ game going to come with the editor like RTW or will we have to download it seperately?
Actually we know the answer - Patrick mentioned somewhere they'll be separate downloads.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi