If You've Caught the Purple Star in WA3, Read This! *SOLVED*

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:00 am

don't read unless you have 142 stars wrote:Pow-R-Cubes Again is my favorite MS Junior level. :D
sylviepsm
Silver Wonderlander

Post by sylviepsm » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:06 pm

The code I got was: 14 TINOAB
sylviepsm
Silver Wonderlander

Post by sylviepsm » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:07 pm

AFTER ?????????????????????
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:19 pm

This has already been solved; we don't need codes anymore!
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:54 pm

To be honest, now I feel a bit guilty for posting the entire code. After all, I put more than half of it together, and poor Patrick probably envisioned each piece of code being found by a different member of the forum, and then 15 of us would use teamwork. But hey, on the bright side, we have it all now!
peegman
Rainbow Wizard

Post by peegman » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:00 am

I wish I could have helped, but I finished the game too late for the code to be useful
But, I got the same code someone else had so it doesn't matter
yee
L.G.
Silver Wonderlander

blue flower

Post by L.G. » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:05 pm

I waited and waited for the blue flower thingy, but it never appeared.
Did I miss something?
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Re: blue flower

Post by dig 222 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:25 pm

L.G. wrote:I waited and waited for the blue flower thingy, but it never appeared.
Did I miss something?
It only works after talking to the purple star.
yarjor
Silver Wonderlander

Post by yarjor » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:26 pm

Uhhh, am I the only one who thinks the nature of this secret is really unfair to people who aren't on the forum?
It's kind of annoying when you can't reach the final secret just because you didn't know about some forum. :?
L.G.
Silver Wonderlander

Post by L.G. » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:38 pm

I agree. If it wasn't for the forum, I wouldn't have been able to get through the game. I am only assuming that every time you talk to the purple star you get a different part of the message, then you have to decipher it and put it together. Thank heavens for the forum.
yarjor
Silver Wonderlander

Post by yarjor » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:41 pm

L.G. wrote:I agree. If it wasn't for the forum, I wouldn't have been able to get through the game. I am only assuming that every time you talk to the purple star you get a different part of the message, then you have to decipher it and put it together. Thank heavens for the forum.
He actually repeats the same message every time, I think. So to decipher it that way you'd have to complete the game numerous times....
L.G.
Silver Wonderlander

Post by L.G. » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:43 pm

Have you been able to finish the game yet, or do you need more help?
Koopson44
Rainbow Master

Post by Koopson44 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:45 pm

dig 222 wrote:OMGOMGOMG KOOKYS MESSAGE SAYS 23 OON AND I HAZ PROOF
Where does this block of text appear?
Don't come in contact with contaminants.
L.G.
Silver Wonderlander

Post by L.G. » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:44 pm

None of those make any sense even when you reverse each pair of letters.
I just know that you meet at the fountain and get the blue flower at noon or midnight when your computer strikes those two times. All this happens
after you talk the purple star.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:13 pm

L.G. wrote:None of those make any sense even when you reverse each pair of letters.
I just know that you meet at the fountain and get the blue flower at noon or midnight when your computer strikes those two times. All this happens
after you talk the purple star.
Seeing as the cat is completely out of the bag by now, not even inside a spoiler... I hope I'm allowed to mention some inside information as a beta tester. Nothing major, just a story of the secret's creation. MS, if you don't like this post being here, let me know.

Originally, way back during WA's creation, Patrick had an idea of creating a "collaborative" secret. In the Wonderland Gallery (which got cut out of WA due to lack of time and is now in POTZ) a picture would exist. Nothing would indicate anything unusual, but sooner or later someone would mention the picture in the forum or replay the game... and people would find out that different playthroughs give different pictures. People would have to complete something like a jigsaw puzzle together, bringing everyone together for truly wonderlandful friendship and teamwork.

During the development of POTZ this idea resurfaced and, eventually, made it in. There were few people testing, so we received all the messages from Patrick. We wouldn't have the time to unlock the secret ourselves and we had to test the secret area.

Basically, the whole point here was to do what MyNameIsKooky did and bring everyone together to get all the secret messages that exist in the game.

"Reversing every letter pair" comes from a message in the credits. If you let the credits roll, you'll see a funny message that tells you about it.

So if you reverse the letter pairs in all the secret messages, then join them in the right order (the numbers tell you the order, I think first number is "line", second number is "position") you get a message that tells you about the blue flower, its purpose and when to get it.

The idea was sound and we thought months at least would pass before anyone would catch on, we were all sworn to secrecy... but after only the tiniest hint ever (directly from MS, I might add, the beta team is not at fault for spilling the secrets) MyNameIsKooky figured out the "teamwork" part immediately. I was quite shocked when I saw that. The whole collaboration ended in a few days, proving that hiding secrets in such a way is somewhat impractical.

I don't know about other testers, but I've been on this forum for so long that subconsciously I'm taking its existence for granted. So I didn't think about the people who don't know about the forum.

It's one of those ideas that sound really, really good on paper but come out flawed in execution. :(
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
L.G.
Silver Wonderlander

Post by L.G. » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:22 pm

It WAS really complicated, but I have had more fun after I finished the game and got the "perks". Love going back through the game and using different powers to defeat the Z-bots and other enemies. Trying out different strategies to solve the different levels in varying ways.

I waited a long time for this next game. I hope it's not as long for the next one. I tired quickly of the hidden object games. Hard to find games that aren't time management, pop the bubbles, or reality violence. Good clean fun and games keep my senior mind going.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:28 pm

L.G. wrote:It WAS really complicated, but I have had more fun after I finished the game and got the "perks". Love going back through the game and using different powers to defeat the Z-bots and other enemies. Trying out different strategies to solve the different levels in varying ways.

I waited a long time for this next game. I hope it's not as long for the next one. I tired quickly of the hidden object games. Hard to find games that aren't time management, pop the bubbles, or reality violence. Good clean fun and games keep my senior mind going.
http://bricks-game.de/indexuk.html
http://silverspaceship.com/chromatron

Those should keep you busy for a while. :wink:
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
L.G.
Silver Wonderlander

Post by L.G. » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:51 pm

Thanks for the info. Looks interesting can't wait to try them.
dsg
Silver Wonderlander

Post by dsg » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:29 pm

So I finally caught the purple star, got my code and got the blue flower but can't figure out where to use it. I saw in an earlier post that I use it on the face of dark barren but every place that I try I get the message "that is a beautiful blue flower". Can someone please post a screenshot. TIA

Never mind....as usual, once posted I figured it out:-)