WA Player Files

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

WA Player Files

Post by Wonderland King » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:36 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to find the player files from the original WA so I can delete the old profiles to make room for some new ones. Unfortunately, I've had no luck. In the WA files, I found Data (File Folder), and other things such as shortcuts, uninstallers, etc. In the "Data" folder, I found "Adventures", "Graphics", "Models", "Music", and "Sound" folders, but no "Players" or "Profiles" folders. Is there another folder I'm not finding, or possibly another way to delete old profiles?

Thanks,
WK.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:38 pm

Did you look in User Data, or do you even have that?

Because if you do not have that, that's a bad sign.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:59 pm

:shock: I don't have User Data, but I had just assumed it only came with the editor. But you're probably right... I don't see why it wouldn't have come with the original game. If I had been missing the main player files, the game probably wouldn't be working, but it's working fine. Does User Data come with WA? If so, how can I access it?
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:06 pm

The Players folder should be in the root WA directory... I'm not sure where else it'd be. :?
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:12 am

It's not there. :cry: I have the Data folder, license and readme text documents (instructions and terms of use), mpbe.wdf, version.wdf (Is one of those the player files?) and the applications for the actual games.

(And I discovered something else I'm missing. If I don't have "debugs" for the WA Editor v0.96, will it affect things too much?)
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:20 am

It'd be in C:\Users\<username>\Applicationdata\Local\Midnight Synergy\
Happy to Help!

Check out my works @ http://quaziiquce.webs.com
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:33 am

Blazeknight wrote:It'd be in C:\Users\<username>\Applicationdata\Local\Midnight Synergy\
To add on to this, if you cannot find application data, just use the run program, and type %APPDATA%.
Should take you there, or at least to a folder in appdata.
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:35 am

In Windows Vista or above, it is in %LocalAppData%\Midnight Synergy.

In Windows XP, it's just %AppData%\Midnight Synergy.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:09 pm

I have player files like you mentioned for MOFI and POTZ, but not WA. And I have Windows Vista. I've tried everything you all suggested, but no luck. But thanks for helping. (And I downloaded another copy of the WA Editor, but it didn't come with the "debugs").
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:59 am

The debug files are not necessary for proper functionality of the WA Editor. They were likely just used by MS to discover the causes of game errors.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:37 pm

Wonderland King wrote:I have player files like you mentioned for MOFI and POTZ, but not WA. And I have Windows Vista. I've tried everything you all suggested, but no luck. But thanks for helping. (And I downloaded another copy of the WA Editor, but it didn't come with the "debugs").
Try %AppData%/VirtualStore/ProgramFiles. Thanks jdl for telling me that - Vista is weird.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:36 am

@MNIK: Thanks for letting me know.

@tyteen: Thanks for helping, but I still can't find it. Don't worry about it; I forgot that this whole time, we had the game on another computer, so we can start new profiles on that version. :oops: (But maybe an update to WA so it could have the ability to delete profiles is a possibility; or has it been done? I have v1.06.)

EDIT: After a long time, I finally figured it out. :D I just kept misreading the advice. :roll:
Last edited by Wonderland King on Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:43 am

I didn't think WA1 saved the player folder anywhere but in the main folder, even on Vista and above. I thought the ability to choose where to save this folder with the localsaveoff.txt/localsaveon.txt came with MOFI.

Anyway, if you do find the players folder you can delete any folder in there because only when you actually save to a slot does a folder with that number appear, until then the slot says empty and there is no folder for it. So deleting one of the numbered folders would make that slot show 'empty' again.
Pauline
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:24 pm

popo wrote:I didn't think WA1 saved the player folder anywhere but in the main folder, even on Vista and above. I thought the ability to choose where to save this folder with the localsaveoff.txt/localsaveon.txt came with MOFI.
This is correct. :)