RTWD and RTWC

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

OondiLalaLoopy
Rainbow Wizard

RTWD and RTWC

Post by OondiLalaLoopy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:45 pm

I want to buy RTW but it's the platinum edition.How do I obtain classic and deluxe edition?
I live a Wonderland adventure every day!
garirry
Rainbow Star

Re: RTWD and RTWC

Post by garirry » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:50 pm

OondiLalaLoopy wrote:I want to buy RTW but it's the platinum edition.How do I obtain classic and deluxe edition?
If I'm correct, classic edition is the original Wonderland, (some similar levels are included in RTW as well), deluxe edition is basically the original RTW, while Platinum is the deluxe edition plus the editor.

So, when you buy RTW, you pretty much get all of them. :)
OondiLalaLoopy
Rainbow Wizard

Post by OondiLalaLoopy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:27 pm

Thanks
I live a Wonderland adventure every day!
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:22 pm

That information is incorrect.
RTW Classic was the original version of RTW, marketed as an expansion to TOW but was still a separate game. RTWD was an expansion to RTWC with the addition of Qookie, Peegue, and a lot of new gameplay elements (as well as the Deluxe levelset). It's also the version of RTW that WSW was based on. RTWP was the final version, containing both new gameplay elements (with its own levelset that's in the custom level folder for some reason) and also everything from RTWD. In fact, the RTWD .exe file is still in RTW's directory if you want to play it for some reason. You won't be able to play Platinum-era levels though.