[Release] [Source] RTW Editor Remake and KQ Editor

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

tomysshadow

[Release] [Source] RTW Editor Remake and KQ Editor

Post by tomysshadow » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:39 pm

My friend cooldudepoke has been quite busy with college lately, so he doesn't have much time to use the internet. However, he's still found the time to work on Wonderland. Since he has limited access to the internet, I agreed to post this for him.

So this is cooldudepoke's Remake of the RTW Editor to be used for Wonderland levels. At this stage it's just missing a GUI for editing signs, but other than that it's pretty much done. I'd like to stress 1) that this is a remake - it was done from the ground up in Blitz, it's not a decompile, and 2) it's not mine! cooldudepoke made all of it, I'm just posting here on his behalf. So here are the download links!

Edit: The Brdr, Wipe, and Blck buttons don't work either.

You are free to use the source for your purposes.

RTW Editor: https://www.mediafire.com/?85f1b5kwc2lpzlx
KQ Editor: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ep852 ... 282%29.zip

Screenshot
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:31 pm

Distributing Wonderland assets for free without prior permission of Midnight Synergy is a violation of the EULA.

Until I receive official notice from Patrick, I'm going to remove the links to the download. I suggest that as a workaround, create a program that will extract the assets from copies of RTW.

also use GitHub for source distribution
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:27 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:Distributing Wonderland assets for free without prior permission of Midnight Synergy is a violation of the EULA.

Until I receive official notice from Patrick, I'm going to remove the links to the download. I suggest that as a workaround, create a program that will extract the assets from copies of RTW.

Not that it makes the situation any different, but they didn't make the program. Cooldudepoke did. Shame they might not have time to make a less EULA-violative version of the program due to college :/
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:40 am

LexieTheFox wrote:
tyteen4a03 wrote:Distributing Wonderland assets for free without prior permission of Midnight Synergy is a violation of the EULA.

Not that it makes the situation any different, but they didn't make the program. Cooldudepoke did. Shame they might not have time to make a less EULA-violative version of the program due to college :/
I am aware.

tomysshadow has provided a version of the download without the assets in question; I have updated the original post.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:28 pm

where's the KQ editor?
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:19 am

Caton wrote:where's the KQ editor?
Read the second post in this topic
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:05 pm

Just a note that I am fine with this being posted, if you wish to re-instate the link. The usual provisos exist: only post on this forum, only for free use to share with other forum members.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:55 am

are you fine with a remake of game engine just for fun? this could work with the editor like custom game play elements. new level styles.
Kilicool64
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Kilicool64 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:10 am

Caton wrote:are you fine with a remake of game engine just for fun? this could work with the editor like custom game play elements. new level styles.
This would most likely be very difficult, seeing how you'd have to heavily reverse-engineer the engine.

In all likelihood, that would be much more work than merely reversing the formats of the game's levels and resource containers, which is all that was necessary for this clone of the editor.

Unless Patrick releases the source code, of course.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:14 am

Cooldudepoke and me were making a remake of the engine just for fun. but it's still in development. and I thought I would ask ms if it was okay.
level format is down.
config's format is down
all formats are down
this is not the same I added world data for custom music and levels.
I know the res1 and res2 format.
VirtLands
Rainbow Master

cooldudepoke's KQ Editor ...

Post by VirtLands » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:56 pm

This is fascinating stuff.
Well, for me the KQ Editor won't work; It causes a memory access violation. Image

Also, the MediaFire download link for RTW Editor is dead.

Does anyone know why the KQ won't run here?

{ I'm on Windows 10, 64bit }