Midnight Post 27 Possibilities List

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Midnight Post 27 Possibilities List

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:38 pm

In April 2015, the record was broken for the longest period of time without a Midnight Post, and I was wondering about the possibility of a new issue being released. I know there haven't been any new developments (no pressure, Patrick 8)), but there's still been a lot going on since Issue 26, especially with the release of the WA3E - so what about an issue focusing on the other aspects of the newsletter, such as a community spotlight, Wonderland Gallery, maybe retro games/connections, Peegue's Puzzle Page, and so on? Just wondering, what do you guys think? :)

EDIT: I've included a list of some possible creations to spotlight based on suggestions. If you have something to suggest (even if it's one of your own creations), you have additional information about something already on the list, or one of your creations is on the list and you don't want it there, feel free to post it here or PM me.

(* = In progress)

Hubs

Paradise Quest by Blazeknight
Home Of The Sign People by Jutomi* (Note that there are other topics and posts for it - this is just the latest version.)
Trip To Nowhere by kidkidaaa1/|Cookie|* (Demo Released)
Operation Mecha by LexieTheFox* (Original Topic)
Hidden Realms by Qloof234*
The Curse of Blackwood Isle by yot yot5 (Incomplete but finished.)

WA3E Adventures

Collaboration Level Test by |Cookie|/kidkidaaa1 and ab-47
The Rest of the Story by Emerald141
Name unknown (?) by Hard-To-Destroy Reptile* (1 2 3 4 5 6)
Truest Movements by MyNameIsKooky (TrueMovement Discovery)
Dumb Ways To Die, Wonderland Edition by Wonderman109
Recipe For Disaster by yot yot5

Adventure Groups/Series

Collaboration series/storyline between |Cookie|/kidkidaaa1 and ab-47 (1 2 3 4 5)
The End series by MyNameIsKooky (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10)

WA1E Adventures

Amnesia by yot yot5

RTW Levels

Click here.

Other Ideas

WA/MOFI/POTZ Speedruns (Current Records)
WA Glitch Discoveries (1 2 3 4 5) (billy bob's playlist)
POTZ Astronomy References
POTZ "Features That Weren't"
WA3E Custom Hacks
WA For Nintendo Gameboy by cloudrac3r*
Last edited by Wonderland King on Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:27 am, edited 34 times in total.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:21 pm

You know, I should do a new one... maybe you guys could make some suggestions for highlights for the usermade levels?
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:34 am

Off the top of my head, the two biggest hub projects I can think of are Blazeknight's Paradise Quest and Qloof's (in progress) Hidden Realms. Of course, there's still much more... :)
Last edited by Wonderland King on Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edwin Chung
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Edwin Chung » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:39 am

hey guys
I would believe that we can make a demo and a walkthrough of the POTZ.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:09 am

Yes, I think we could all chip in for a walkthrough to put on the main site. (I could write out the general outline like it was done on the WA and MOFI solution pages, but I can't make videos.) A demo, only Patrick could make - the only thing we could do to help would be to suggest when it should end.

Having said that, we may be derailing the topic a bit - but hey, it's my topic, and I'm okay with it becoming a more miscellaneous MS update (not sure if that's the right word?) topic. 8)

(EDIT: Since the topic seems to be gaining interest, maybe this should go somewhere else after all. We could start another topic at some point.)
Last edited by Wonderland King on Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edwin Chung
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Edwin Chung » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:25 am

ok I would like to take this oppotunity to express my feelings.
If the upcoming post will focus on user-made hubs,it should encourage more players to play them,since there are only few people are playing the user-made hubs at the moment.
Otherwise,there will be no incentive for players to create more fun hubs
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:14 pm

I personally think Qloof and Hard-To-Destroy Reptile deserve the spotlight on this one.

Qloof has been working on his project for atleast 2 years, and I suggest that his hub should get a chance to shine, especially on a midnight post. Project Link here

Hard-To-Destroy Reptile has also a rather promising project that is yet waited to arrive, although he did mention that it might take a lot of time to work on. Here's one of his Work-in-progress screenshots.

Edit: Forgot Jutomi, he's working on a hub as well.
Last edited by ab-47 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:51 pm

Ooh, didn't think of HTDR's project, sorry - yes, I think that would be a good choice. :)
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:30 pm

User made levels highlights? Time to make stuff! :P

Here's my suggestions:
- MINK made a very interesting level with very great new elements, a link to it can be found here: LINK!
- Also, Yotyot5 made a HUGE adventure (which I haven't completed myself, but played a bit of it), and it's pretty impressive to see something this big finished. LINK
- Jutomi is also working on a hub, although I can't really find any posts related to it on at the moment. It exist somewhere I promise. :lol:
- Hidden Realms by Qloof, and Paradise Quest by Blazeknight.

There are probably great levels that I forgot about, but if I remember any, I'll post them here.
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:32 pm

Qloof's Hidden Realms is very very good and he's been working on it for a while. Jutomi's Home of the Sign People (I think that's the full name) is good too, and they've been working hard on it and it definitely deserves attention.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:48 pm

I've listed all suggestions in the first post - I'll be sure to keep it updated.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:00 am

DP - this may be my topic, but still, I really hope I'm not posting on it too much.

So, I've been thinking about other potential parts of the issue, here are my 2 cents...

Wonderland References: Not really retro, but I'm a bit of an astronomy nerd and I'd be interested in seeing more about the astronomy references in POTZ.

Wonderland Development: While there may not be anything going on at the moment, I think it would be interesting to learn more about POTZ's "features that weren't". (Ice crabs, rainbow tiles, the world of Glop, etc.)

(Another) Community Spotlight: Featuring some of our custom hacks. (Although there are some adventures that greatly center around our hacks, which I guess could be featured instead - speaking of which...)

Also, what do you think about adding MNIK's "The End" series as a candidate?
Hard-To-Destroy Reptile
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Hard-To-Destroy Reptile » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:33 pm

Yot Yot 5's Amnesia and Recipe For Disaster come to mind - both of which are currently the biggest adventures for WA:E and WA3:E, if I recall.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:09 am

I do think the latter is a good idea for the spotlight, but as for the first, I'm not sure about featuring WA1E levels... no offense yot yot. :wink:

However, I don't want to be a dictator here, especially since I'm not the one writing the Midnight Post - if enough people think Amnesia should go up, I'll do it. :)

EDIT: Added a category for WA1E.
Last edited by Wonderland King on Wed May 04, 2016 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:18 am

Or... Something completely new that will surprise us.
I think we need something new!
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:24 am

I'm not really sure what you're getting at, care to elaborate? :wink:
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:28 am

it's just old stuff how about something new?
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:32 am

But... like what? You're not really giving us much to go off of. I've listed some WA3E highlights in the original post, as well some other page suggestions on another post in this topic. If you have a specific idea, feel free to share it, but asking for "something new"... well, that doesn't help us much. :wink:
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:02 pm

Could do a page on speedruns (see signature) and glitches, except I don't think anyone's interested in that (genuinely not expecting sympathy).
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:13 pm

Something similar was done here. I think it's a great idea, as I don't think we've done anything like that with WA yet. I'm sorry if I haven't posted much on those topics, but I assure you, I am interested. As for the speedruns, definitely. :)
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:37 pm

billy bob wrote:Could do a page on speedruns (see signature) and glitches, except I don't think anyone's interested in that (genuinely not expecting sympathy).
Actually... I am interested in watching speed runs, specially if they break the game completely, but I am not really that interested in doing them myself. :lol:
I am pretty sure MS will be very impressed once he sees your speed runs, I mean... They're pretty insane. A page on speedruns will be a neat idea.

As for the "tricks" page, I find the idea to be good, but shouldn't we list a few neat tricks for MS, though?
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:44 pm

I listed a few while you were posting, but I've probably missed some. Just let me know if I have and I'll add them.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:08 pm

Wonderland King wrote:I listed a few while you were posting, but I've probably missed some. Just let me know if I have and I'll add them.
Those will do, they are the four major ones. I also made a Wonderland glitch playlist which includes some of them and obviously the speedruns include some of them.

I'd love to know what MS's explanations are for some glitches. Some of them make sense, some of them really don't:

Saving in game over screen with Wee Stinkers and Baby Boomers, why the player splits into two separate entities.

Pausing in win adventure fade out screen, why there is a game over screen after a certain amount of time, why the message that comes with the game over screen varies for no reason I can gather, and also why the adventure star isn't counted as completed in WA1 but is in WA2 and WA3.

Inventory across saves with a bigger inventory that has a shard in top left corner being taken across to a smaller inventory, why there is no consistency with the result when the shard is clicked; how the game decides out of its three options, how the game decides which part of the memory is read from.

Glitched main menu, why the glitch only works when it has been at least a minute since the game was last saved/loaded/started.

In WA1 when you enter an area that you haven't entered before that has been altered by the win command of completing an adventure, why the player can walk through certain objects.

The crash frame (see fourth method down), why the game crashes, and why the game waits 15 seconds before crashing.
Last edited by billy bob on Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:45 am

how about a new game serise?
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:57 am

That's not at all the point of this topic, sorry to say.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:08 am

I think Jordan32's bowling level deserves a mention. http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27050
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:56 pm

I honestly didn't think of doing RTW levels, but that's a good point. The last RTW community spotlight was in November 2009, though, so unless there are any objections (again, not trying to be a dictator here 8)), I think maybe we should wait to see more suggestions, if there are any. Of course, I'm not trying to dismiss the level - I played it, and I thought it was a neat little challenge. :)
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:25 am

Thanks for the suggestions all. I should be able to set some time aside later in the month to have a look at the various levels, and try to aim for an issue in late Spring/early Summer.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:59 am

Glad I could help. :D

Should I keep updating the list, or do you think this is enough?
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:30 am

If you see something neat, may as well put it here so other people can check it out, right? Even if it makes the list rather long.