Windows 10 Issues

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Windows 10 Issues

Post by RoberTime » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:13 pm

I was dealing with these issues as I was playing through PotZ a month ago. Usually, when there are too many instances/commands in one level, the game lags and the framerate drops hard. It never happened when I played this game years ago on Windows 7.

The same problem happens in the new editor. I had Cookie question what I was doing on one of my recent adventures, which I apparently didn't know, but now I come to the conclusion that it's Win10 that's causing the lag after replaying PotZ.

But recently, my laptop got wiped of all my programs, while leaving most of my work untouched, and now I'm greeted with a new, updated version of Windows 10. I run the editor again, and now the menu is lagging and then ignites a game-crashing MAV at a random number of game ticks.

Is there a solution to resolve these problems? I tried Compatibility Mode, changed the startup settings, still lag. I could think about a patch for both games, but I see it as unlikely.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Re: Windows 10 Issues

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:10 am

RoberTime wrote:I was dealing with these issues as I was playing through PotZ a month ago. Usually, when there are too many instances/commands in one level, the game lags and the framerate drops hard. It never happened when I played this game years ago on Windows 7.

The same problem happens in the new editor. I had Cookie question what I was doing on one of my recent adventures, which I apparently didn't know, but now I come to the conclusion that it's Win10 that's causing the lag after replaying PotZ.

But recently, my laptop got wiped of all my programs, while leaving most of my work untouched, and now I'm greeted with a new, updated version of Windows 10. I run the editor again, and now the menu is lagging and then ignites a game-crashing MAV at a random number of game ticks.

Is there a solution to resolve these problems? I tried Compatibility Mode, changed the startup settings, still lag. I could think about a patch for both games, but I see it as unlikely.
Tried installing the latest graphics card drivers from the manufacturer's website?
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:11 pm

If you're using nVidia GPU, make sure the multithreading option for editor.exe and wg.exe is disabled in nVidia control panel. Also make sure to whitelist editor.exe and wg.exe in your antivirus software, I know BitDefender causes problems with WA games if they are not whitelisted.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi