Midnight Synergy Games Collection Released

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Midnight Synergy Games Collection Released

Post by rainbowmon » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:31 pm

Ah, okay. Yeah, I'm not really that picky, so it'd be good enough for me, but I didn't quite think that might be what Sakura meant. Thanks!
sakura
Bronze Wonderlander

Re: Midnight Synergy Games Collection Released

Post by sakura » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:59 am

rainbowmon wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:54 pm
sakura wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:18 am
Oops I've missed the discount. :( Since I've already got the previous CD and all of the games, I'll wait for the next discount.
BTW, I'm eager for Original Soundtrack for Wonderland series.
sakura wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:13 am
Kilicool64 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:20 pm
If you have the classic trilogy, then you already have a lossless copy of its soundtrack. The games play the source files themselves. They're among the many res#.dat files. If you open those with a module tracker like OpenMPT or a music player that supports such formats (I think I recall VLC Media Player being one of the few that do), you can listen to the music in its original state. If you want to listen to them with a program that doesn't support module tracker music, OpenMPT can also convert them to conventional audio streams, including lossless formats such as FLAC.
Aha, good point! Thanks a lot. :stinkycool: :stinkycool: :stinkycool:
I still want a physical release or digital album.
Umm... I thought the soundtrack in MP3 form was one of the bonus features of the original disc collection?
Really? It's time to take out my old CD now. :D I've kept it for over 10 years. :stinkyhappy:

Thank you very much.
Kilicool64 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:27 pm
Yes, but it's far from lossless. The MP3 format already doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to quality, and to make matters worse, these MP3 files have a fixed bit rate of 128 kbps. Audiophiles would consider such a level of quality unacceptably poor.
128kbps is a bit low as of today. However fortunately we can have FLAC's converted for the classic trilogy, as you mentioned.

Thank you very much.