Strange thoughts about Wonderland (Silly thread)

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

CRJ
Bronze Wonderlander

Strange thoughts about Wonderland (Silly thread)

Post by CRJ » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:38 pm

There are times when the mind begins to wander and consequently wonders too much. And when the subject turns to Wonderland, unusual revelations can occur. Nothing to be taken incredibly seriously, but nonetheless thoughts that make you stop and go "Hmmmm...."

For instance:

If Scouge cannot move, why does he have wheels?

If Chomper is nothing more than teeth with eyes, how does he move?

Why does being near Kaboom make him explode when other monsters can come up next to him just fine? What does he find so repulsiuve about you?

Where does the UFO Mothership keep all those little flying saucers?

What strange creatures pilot those pesky UFO's any way?

You can destroy a Mothership by cannonfire or dropping a boulder or keg on her. And yet, she can withstand being submerged in lava?

If those truly are ice cubes, why doesn't fire destroy them?

If Ghosts cannot travel across water, how come they can travel on ice?

Are Ghosts the dead spirits of all the citizens of Wonderland's past? If so, why do they hate Stinky so much? Or are they of all the monsters Stinky and Loof killed in the original?

Why is Loof eating keys?

Our heroes have the infatigable energy to push boxes, crates, and boulders. Yet they can't stand having one pushed into them?

Wonderland is truly a game for all ages, but still you have to wonder...where did all the little Stinkers come from? :shock:

Any other wierd thoughts?
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:01 am

CRJ, I find your wondering mind amazing, witty, funny, clever, & insightful...
did I leave anything out?
I must admit I've never wondered about these things, & I'm way to tired tonight to start, but if I find myself waking up at 2:00 am & wondering about these things :shock: ......
I'm blaming you :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:19 am

I love it!

CRJ, those are great deep thoughts for the wee of the night! :)
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:01 am

Hi CRJ,

Thank you for making me laugh and think hmmmm.....
Excellent :D

Mette
\Mette
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:04 am

Very funny CRJ!!!!! Great stuff. My favourite has to be "Why is Loof eating keys?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's another - Why do clocks tickle Peegue? :wink:
Lillie
Hekate
Silver Wonderlander

My answers

Post by Hekate » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:27 pm

Here are the answers I would choose...

If Scouge had no wheels, How could he get where he is now? Just because he doesn't move when you are playing, doesn't mean he is in that spot forever!

Chompers probably move like jellyfish- the motion of their "chomping" displaces the air and earth around them, causing them appear to move, while in fact YOU are moving relative to them!

I expect KaBoom! reacts to the spherical shape, thinking that he is the only one who can be that shape, and anyone else who has it is his enemy!

I think maybe the UFOs are not spaceships but creatures themselves, and they are built within the mothership at the time of release, not stored away.Plus, her heat sheilds protect her, but a well placed hit will bash into the one flaw in her shields.

I'd say the "ice cubes" are not made of ice, but of ectoplasm, the very stuff ghosts are made of, and the only thing that can effectively repel them. Also, the ghosts cannot go into water because their ectoplasm will wash away and they will vanish, so they systenatically avoid it, however ice is technically "dry" and will not hurt them at all. Plus, not all ghosts are dead things, they could just be beings that thrive on ectoplasm, such as poltergeists!

Stinky, Qookie, and Peegue store coins and keys under their hats, but Loof's hat isn't big enough, so he keeps the coins/keys in his cheek like one would a gumball! Since the keys/coins are magic, they don't get Saliva-y!

I think, because only one can move at once, and that boxes are much bigger than them, they cannot get out of the way in time to avoid exploding.

As was partly explained in my introduction, Stinkers each have one "parent" that they inherit their "magic powers" from, such as Peegue's inherited position as Mayor of Wondertown. Other than that, they just kind of... happen.

Anyone like to guess where the Rainbow Coins/Magic Keys came from? I know, ecause I asked Stinky and friends, and I am working on writing down the storyline, but I may not release it, so don't hold your breath! :twisted: :oops: That's what'll happen if you do, you'll change colors!
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: My answers

Post by Lillian » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:39 pm

Hekate wrote:Stinky, Qookie, and Peegue store coins and keys under their hats, but Loof's hat isn't big enough, so he keeps the coins/keys in his cheek like one would a gumball! Since the keys/coins are magic, they don't get Saliva-y!
You talk a right old load of gobbledy-gook sometimes Oh Nutter of all Nutters Queen Hekate - but this was class :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lillie
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Re: My answers

Post by laura n. » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:59 pm

Lillian wrote:
You talk a right old load of gobbledy-gook sometimes Oh Nutter of all Nutters Queen Hekate - but this was class :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lillian, you have me ROTFLMAO ..... Oh Nutter of all Nutters Queen Hekate :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OH MY GOD.... catching my breath :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW Hekate, stinkers have 2 parents, I asked Emily (Qookies best friend & my daughter) & she said Qookie has a mommy & a daddy & a little brother who is to small to see... so, I'm not sure where your getting your info from but you are sadly mistaken. Oh ya Qookies' little brothers name is Tiffany :shock: & they all drive around with Clemma because Clemma is 16 & drives a rainbow car...
In the future you should check your facts, first.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:29 am

Good answers, Hekate! :)

Of course, we may never know the truth (if there is one), but some of your arguments sound very persuasive. Any others for a round of suggested explanations?
CRJ
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by CRJ » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:51 am

Hey, Hekate! Nice answers, but there is one flaw that stood out.
I expect KaBoom! reacts to the spherical shape, thinking that he is the only one who can be that shape, and anyone else who has it is his enemy!
And what shape are Z-bots, my friend? :wink:
Hekate
Silver Wonderlander

I am quite embarrassed, I can't believe I missed that...

Post by Hekate » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:38 pm

:oops: You're right, I thought I had all the monsters fitting in to my theory, but the Zbot doesn't fit! Maybe they are so small that the KaBoom! doesn't notice, he can't tell with anything smaller than Loof.

To Laura N.- A. I already know about Emily+Qookie, I read old posts! :)
B. Maybe I wasn't clear in my explanation- :oops: (drags foot in line on floor in front of myself in guilty manner) Umm, the Stinkers can have more than one FAMILY member but only inherits their power from one parent, is only "TECHNICALLY" related to one parent, But they can, if they so choose, make family groups.

OH NO! :!: :cry: I just had an unfortunate psychic vision- It was of Qookie's parents getting seperated :cry: :cry: Maybe it won't happen (feeble smile in the manner of looking hopeful) :!: :( :( That's not good. Pray with me that it won't happen, please. I would feel bad if that vision came true. Please give me a moment to weep that this event does not occur. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Okay, I feel better now.

One more thing- don't get mad at me for saying this, you wouldn't want it to hapen without warning, would you?
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:32 am

I know where the little stinkers come from, I was there when they were being born.

See, everyone in Wonderland wears a hat don't they? There's a very good reason for this. It's not that it's cold there, or anything to do with fashion. It's because in Wonderland, everyone's reproductive bits are on the top of their head. Every spring they go through a period of spawning when a little stinker is born, and kept warm under the hat. As soon as they are big enough to walk, they get their own hat. There are no genders, so this happens to all of them.

You know the saying 'keep it under your hat', well this is where it originated.

This story is true. It is, it is, it's true. You can ask Patrick if you don't believe me. :shock: :lol: :lol:
Pauline
Hekate
Silver Wonderlander

OOOH, good one!!

Post by Hekate » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:58 pm

Popo- Good idea! However, I stand firm in my own belief, I think I have now covered everything I have as yet garnered from Stinky, Loof, and Qookie about the nature of their nearby inhabitants. I also know a little something about wondertown and anything under Peegue's jurisdiction from him (Even though they have no genders, I find it easier to call them Hims.) and lots of Wonderland's Wilderness region and the Islands from Qookie, who is a real explorer-type. BTW the belief that I stand firm in is that they kind of just-- happen.

THAT IS ALL. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.
CRJ
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by CRJ » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:20 am

Well, gender discussions aside (the Wonderlanders know whether or not Qookie is a girl...don't they? :lol: ), here are some further thoughts regarding everyone's favorite dog from everyone's favorite Granma...

CHOMPER!

Do young Chompers lose their baby teeth?

Do older Chompers have to wear false teeth?

Are they really evil? Perhaps their following Stinky is a way of showing affection, just like really friendly dogs. Unfortunately, they don't realize just how fragile their "friends" really are.

If their intentions are malicious, however, why? Why do they crave a taste of Stinky so?

If a Red Chomper mated with a Gold Chomper, would the result be an Orange Chomplet?

Would you call a baby Chomper a Chomplet? Not too sure, but it just sounds so cute! :D
loof101
Rainbow Master

Post by loof101 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:57 am

CRJ wrote:Well, gender discussions aside (the Wonderlanders know whether or not Qookie is a girl...don't they? :lol: ), here are some further thoughts regarding everyone's favorite dog from everyone's favorite Granma...

CHOMPER!

Are they really evil? Perhaps their following Stinky is a way of showing affection, just like really friendly dogs. Unfortunately, they don't realize just how fragile their "friends" really are.

If their intentions are malicious, however, why? Why do they crave a taste of Stinky so?

If a Red Chomper mated with a Gold Chomper, would the result be an Orange Chomplet?

Would you call a baby Chomper a Chomplet? Not too sure, but it just sounds so cute! :D
good ideas!

one of mine about chompers is:

Why is it that chompers always follow a certain character, while they ignore others?

I am going to wonder about this tonight.

Lino :lol:
Sonic In Super Smash Bros. Brawl? NO WAI
amy25
Rainbow Star

Post by amy25 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:04 am

I was just looking around the forum since not a whole lot is going on and the kids are needing looked after, like being fed. These are hilarious. I hadn't thought about any of those things but now that I've read this, I probably will start wondering! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:02 am

Why red chomper follows the Stinky and the gold follows the Loof?? I will explain.
Red Chomper can smell Stinky easily (sorry bad joke) but hasa a really bad vision. He doesn't want to use his vision if Stinky is present.
Gold Chomper is afraid of stinkers. :lol: When Loof is present, gold chomper will go to him as for the smallest stinker.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
jamesdenem

Post by jamesdenem » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:21 pm

What about green scouge, Stinky and the gang can push him in any direction, even perpendicular to the way his wheels are pointing. He can also slide on ice and ride conveyors...

Why does he just take this abuse, since he never fires while being moved...
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:39 am

The mechanism of Scouge doesn't allow him to fire in move.
EDIT: Or maybe it DOES want to move, and is angry when stinkers won't move him. :lol:
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue May 30, 2006 8:59 am

Sorry for a double-post, but after so long time it's allowed to "bump" the thread, I think.
Well, gender discussions aside (the Wonderlanders know whether or not Qookie is a girl...don't they? ), here are some further thoughts regarding everyone's favorite dog from everyone's favorite Granma...

CHOMPER!

Would you call a baby Chomper a Chomplet? Not too sure, but it just sounds so cute!
My answers:

1) Maybe, I don't really know.
2) No, their teeth is trained at the poor gang. :lol:
3) I don't think that they are showing affection, do you hear the yam-yam sound or close to?
4) They are beasts of prey, they are hunting!
5) They are not different genders, but different types of chompers, and so this question is quite wrong in itself. Sorry.
6) No, I would call it Chompy.
paulm12
Rainbow Keeper

stuff and nonsence

Post by paulm12 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:56 am

Why mothersips hide UNDER the level?
They fear of atmispheric pressure 5' above the level

Where do the stinkers keep all those coins?
In their hats :lol:

In WSW How didn't all the monsters/stinky/ete Get swept away too?
They were immoble

Why are these enimys chasing me?
Stinky threw too many crab apples at them

What makes Gold chompers go after loof?
They like smaller portions

If stinky, loof, and, Cookie are in the original, why isn't Peegue?
He was still a baby.

How do I get the coins Rainbow sprits have?
When I exit, the secretly give them to me

How are bottons hooked up?
By little wiers you can view using alt-x

Stinkers are so advanced in technolagy(teliporters, transporters)why don't they work on robots or wepons?
They don't have enough parts.

Why don't steel boxes melt in fireballs?
They have chemichels.

And if the Stinkers DON'T own Teliporters,and enimies do, why can't they use them?
They are undercover helpers

Why can't enimies go over motherships?
Radiation.

Do stinkers mind being called "stinkers"?...
Last edited by paulm12 on Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you're reading this, you've officially finished the actual post and are just reading my pointless sig.
Paul Mayer
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: stuff and nonsence

Post by TheoX » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:11 am

Paul, you are hilarious :lol: :lol:
This is my favorite:
paulm12 wrote: How do I get the coins Rainbow sprits have?
When I exit, the secretly give them to me
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
SonicSpeed
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by SonicSpeed » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:14 am

Here`s a few:

If Chompers just move thier mouths,how do they compress the air to move FORWARD???

If a Scouge fires,and a reflector is pushed into the fireball,how come the reflector blocks the cannon fire?

How can the stinkers build fake walls?
If Sonic were a tough cookie, What kind of cookie would he be? I'm going with "Snickerdoodle".

Call me SS if you like.

loof101 gave me the avatar!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:05 am

Chompers have a little hole on their back. They use it to pass the air to move forward.

Because the fire fires at the wrong point!

It's a real wall, but with a big hole, which is covered by a very thin piece of wall.
SonicSpeed
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by SonicSpeed » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:12 pm

Wow Muzozavr,you sure know a lot! I knew Chompers had holes behind them, but I didn`t know what it was for. And also,if you said it was a very big hole inside the fake walls, how come you can see thier hats?!?!?!?!?!?!

I`m going to wonder about this tonight :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
If Sonic were a tough cookie, What kind of cookie would he be? I'm going with "Snickerdoodle".

Call me SS if you like.

Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:56 am

Imagine a carcass of the cube. Now imagine that the holes are covered by something very thin. And for some reason, it got thinner at the top, that's how you do see their hats!

LOL, don't know really about fake walls. Maybe the storm built 'em. :roll: Storms can do much... :roll:
Lucky-Luc
Rainbow Master

Post by Lucky-Luc » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:49 pm

Just too bad that there are no storms in RTW... :cry: :lol: :wink:

Anyway, here's a VERY stupid question?

Why doesn't a sticky cube stick to a "sticky bridge" in water? :roll:
SonicSpeed
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by SonicSpeed » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:51 pm

Also if you walk into a house,how does Stinky`s hand go through the house??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

EDIT:Lucky-Luc,The water washes away all the stickiness in the Sticky Cubes,so the two cubes don`t stick!

Call me SS if you like.

paulm12
Rainbow Keeper

yulltxl

Post by paulm12 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:21 pm

How did all the stinkers get on my computer?
If you're reading this, you've officially finished the actual post and are just reading my pointless sig.
Paul Mayer
Lucky-Luc
Rainbow Master

Post by Lucky-Luc » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:08 pm

SonicSpeed wrote:EDIT:Lucky-Luc,The water washes away all the stickiness in the Sticky Cubes,so the two cubes don`t stick!
But the top of the upper cube isn't in water :wink: :lol:

Oh, and the answer to all of the questions: Because Patrick wanted it this way :wink: