Fake walls in the level editor.

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

SharonM
Rainbow Star

Fake walls in the level editor.

Post by SharonM » Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:28 am

Hi,
I hope you can help me and think this is a stupid question. Here goes..... :? How do you create fake walls in the level editor? I am trying to create a level to post but can't find the button for fake walls. I am obviously missing something, but can't figure it out. Help please! :cry:
SharonM
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:09 am

Hi Sharon,

This is a really easy one to miss (or not when you're use to it).

On the right hand side of your editor screen, just below the box with the Time/Style/Background bits'n'pieces is all the flooring things (for want of a professional description). It starts off (ususally) with the light brown "Floor" tiles, clicking on the arrow to the right you move into Walls, then Water, Ice etc.

If you head left from the Floor screen you hit "Empty" & the next screen to the left is your "Fake Walls".

Glad you liked my first level - getting time is really hard though.

With you're newfound knowledge I'm expecting big things (or very close to it) from your first level! heh heh :D

Most importantly though just have heaps of fun - check out the suggestions box right down the bottom for some useful tips on editing/playtesting if you haven't seen it already.

Regards
Robbie :D
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:53 pm

Hi Robbie,
:oops: I knew I was probably overlooking something. Thanks for your help! I have a couple of levels I'm working on. I don't know if they will be good enough to post though. I did enjoy your level. I think this forum is great! 8) I love the fact that as long as people keep contributing levels they create, this game will remain fresh! Best investments I ever made, lol. Of course my family might not agree, lol. They keep yelling, "Mom's in Wonderland again!" :lol: Not really, just kidding. They love it too. Anyway, I look forward to your next level and levels from everyone else too. :D
SharonM
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:34 am

Hey Sharon, please don't worry about whether you think your levels are 'good enough' (i'm sure they'll will be good).

In any case, if you post & ask people to give you suggestions, you'll get plenty of ideas of what works & what doesn't & hey, we just love to see new levels!!

Re the family... know what you mean. When the computers finally free (coinciding with a time I'm free), I can always count on Miss 3 to come up & ask 'What are you doing Daddy? Let me help...' onto my lap & goodnight!

Robbie :D
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:57 pm

Thanks Robbie,
I did put 2 levels on the board as you suggested. One is fairly simple and the other one I have trouble doing at times, lol. The kids are fairly supportive, except when they want on of course :), and my husband thinks it's great that I'm participating in an on-line community. I am enjoying the the positive support, but I'm a little nervous about what others will think of my contributions :shock: , but I do want the input and suggestions :D
Anyway, thanks for the support!
SharonM