I Miss This Game!!!

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Deetster
Rainbow Keeper

I Miss This Game!!!

Post by Deetster » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:43 am

Hey, I'm sure that not many of you remember me, but i made a long series of levels a while back

(Search "Deet" to find them)

And I always loved this game, but unfortunately I lost it, and all the custom levels that i worked on when my computer crashed a few months ago. I had fun with this game though, but just telling people that I am done playing it unfortunately, but had a blast

Also hi to all that remember me! :D
Cat
Rainbow Star

Post by Cat » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:52 am

Deets, I remember you and if you write Patrick a pm he will let you download Wonderland again. I lost mine and he let me download again.
:D :) :lol: Then you can start making levels again and playing.
Last edited by Cat on Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cat

Member of FOWL, Ms.Tweety Bird, Queen of Beautiful
Deetster
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Deetster » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:04 am

I did just that, thanks!

Now when I go to play a message comes up that say "Can't make a 3D scene" or something like that. I probably lost some space to make complex graphics or something...perhaps i should try to tinker with some setting or download some 3D program

Thanks for all the help, I hope to be playing again soon!
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:13 am

You probably need to update your video card drivers, or your directx drivers (www.microsoft.com/directx). Also try different settings 16/24/32 bit, different resolutions, windowed/fullscreen.
Deetster
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Deetster » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:26 am

My computer only goes up to 16-bit, and I am trying to download the stuff from that site, but it isn't loading correctly

I guess I will continue to try this, or get a new computer :?

Thank you for all the help though!
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:13 am

:D :D :D Of course I remember you Deets, and your very challenging levels, I'm sorry about your loosing all your work, But I'm sure you can re-download your levels from Mette's site. I hope that you find your way back to the forum in a level making capacity, Good Luck. :D :D :D
Keeks
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:50 pm

Hi Reet Petite Dudester 8) I was wondering what happened to you :stinkysad:

It's great to hear from you - I truly hope you get your PC sorted out so you can make some levels for us again ya stinker :twisted:

WELCOME BACK!!!! :P
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
Deetster
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Deetster » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:26 am

I really want to start a new series of levels, my old one has dissapeared through the cracks of the many levels being churned out.

I just gotta get a new PC or something, but it's great to hear that you all still remember ol' Deetster and his crazy levels

I'll be making more as soon as technologically possible :D
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:54 am

Deets - if you go to Microsoft's main page, and find the section where it says "Updates" (you may have to download "Microsoft Update" if I remember correctly). Anyway, it will scan your PC and find all the priority updates and drivers that you need. Have you done that?

Also, if you want to get your old levels back (and everyone else's), visit Mette's sooper Custom Levels website and they are all there to download in zip files. I don't keep them all, otherwise I would zip yours up for you :oops:

Mette's website can be found here: http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3617

Good luck Dudester :stinkyhappy:
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (66.22 KiB) Viewed 8955 times
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:50 pm

I'm glad to see you haven't disappeared into the real world forever! I have done some of your levels, and they are doozies, but I love to work on those kinds of levels.

Hopefully, you get every thing worked out soon!!
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?
Deetster
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Deetster » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:05 am

I am getting very close to getting this game to work. Somehow I turned on the computer and my computer was at 32-bit which i couldn't get up to before. There is just one thing that is keeping me from doing it

Sound

When my computer crashed the sound stopped working and now when I load the game I get this message at 70%, in the top-left corner

ERROR
_ _ _ _

Couldn't load Sound: sound/death2.wav

Press Esc to exit

I really have no idea how to fix this cause my sound just doesn't work, all i get is an odd "beep" not coming from my speakers.

Any suggestions you computer experts who have gotten me this far?
Amadeus!
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Amadeus! » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:29 am

I lost it, and all the custom levels that i worked on when my computer crashed a few months ago.
Hi Deetster,
I've attached all 54 levels you created in the attached zip file.

Regarding your computer. What I would suggest is to visit:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

It can scan and clean your computer online from any viruses or spyware for free.
They are one of the best, in my opinion.
My other suggestion, is to completely uninstall and delete the "Return To Wonderland Deluxe" folder, and then reinstall it again.
Be sure you have the latest video/sound drivers and DirectX 9.0c installed on your system.

Mark
Attachments
DEETSTER.zip
Deetster Levels
(49.52 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

crypt of the necrobumper

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:09 pm

i know this is a severe bump, but i've been having the same problem (the one where it says the death2.wav is missing), but with secret worlds instead.
currently simping for kiyotaka ishimaru
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Crypt of the Necrobumper

Post by rainbowmon » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:02 pm

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? If not, go into your Secret Worlds install folder, copy the contents of the"players" subfolder (that's where your save data should be), put the copy somewhere else - like your desktop - and then try uninstalling and reinstalling Secret Worlds. That might fix it.