New level: The Boulder Caves

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Antrow2
Platinum Wonderlander

New level: The Boulder Caves

Post by Antrow2 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:22 pm

If a boulder puzzle fanatic doesn't play this level.... They're not a boulder puzzle fanatic. 8)

EDIT: I was shtoopid and didn't post the level. :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:30 pm

Normally, I would give this level a go again, but I spent 2 hours on this today, and I have lots of other levels to do. :D So, here is my problem:
In the process of getting both red and yellow buttons covered, I could not prevent one boulder from going into the bottom room. This, in turn, caused the one boulder to move down, preventing me from getting the bonus coin in that room. If I get the coin, I can't cover all three buttons, and vice versa.
I spent over an hour getting the yellow and red buttons covered, and I just cannot see how else I could have done it. What am I missing?

Oh, and of course, your little surprise at the ending has me curious, too, but I'm not giving up on that, yet! :wink:

Help, please?
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?
Antrow2
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by Antrow2 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:35 pm

Well, since I can't know what you have figured out and what you haven't, here's a walkthrough of the first room (With the boulder number going from top to bottom, left to right)
Push 3 down and 1 up. Push 2 right and 4 down. Push 5 right and push the box up. Wait for the boulders to collide and then push 5 right again. Then push 2 down.
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:47 pm

Yep, that did the trick! You are pretty amazing for doing such tough levels! You very rarely leave loose ends, and the puzzles are well thought out. This was no exception.

You certainly got the better of this wonderlander, but I'll be back to conquer again! 8)

Thanks for the fun!
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:42 am

:D :D :D I just finished this major league stinker, One of the most challenging boulder puzzles I have done in a long time. I will give it "Two thumbs way up" I made it past that part at the end, I didn't like the look of that button just sitting there and your sign was trying to loll me into a false sense of security, Great and awesome challenge. Thanks. :D :D :D

PS--I did use your hint for the first room, But it still was a stinker. :lol:
Keeks
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:32 am

Just finished it, with no hints taken, and no editor for the bonus coins.
You got me at the end though. :twisted:
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:28 pm

Great puzzles, thanks!!!
poohbutton
Platinum Wonderlander

Re: New level: The Boulder Caves

Post by poohbutton » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:10 pm

If anyone is willing, could you please give me just a few starters for the last boulder area. I can get one button covered or the other, but can't figure out how to get both.

TIA!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:39 pm

Have you noticed the spring at the top, once you push the box?

You need to use it twice. Cover the yellow button first.
poohbutton
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by poohbutton » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:58 pm

Sorry for the confusion. I got section 1 and 2 completed. It's the last boulder area that I need help with. ETA: Nevermind, I figured it out! I guess it helps to come back to it on a different day. :lol:

Thank you for your help :stinkyhappy: