New Level - Big Bang!

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
BruceB
Bronze Wonderlander

New Level - Big Bang!

Post by BruceB » Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:01 am

Hello,

I've been working very (very) late on my level editing skills - here's the first level that I think actually worked out quite well.

It's a box puzzle level with a teeny tiny timing element. And a big bang! 8)

Cheers!
Bruce
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:46 am

Hi Bruce! What a gorgeous level! I must say, you've got me with this one. I managed to finish the level with 3310, but was able to get only one of the bonuses -- I just can't figure out yet how to get the second one. I'm going to keep trying tho! Pretty tricky! That teeny tiny timing element you mention can make a big difference in the results. Now if I can only figure out how to end up with enough stuff in the right places to get both bonus coins. :lol:
BruceB
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by BruceB » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:26 am

I'm really happy with the additional puzzle of getting both Bonus Coins. It kinda happened by accident in the design though. Did you get them yet?
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:12 am

Yes, I finally did. Good puzzle! With the additional bonus coin I ended up with 3610. I still find it difficult to make the elements in this level work out correctly, but if I keep trying I can finally succeed. I haven't really got the timing down, so even tho I know what I need to do I may have to do it 20 times to get it right.

Hope you're working on some more levels -- or that you will, once you finish RTW!
BruceB
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by BruceB » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:13 pm

SPOILER... THIS POST CONTAINS HINTS TOWARD THE SOLUTION

That sounds more complicated than what I do... maybe we have different solutions? My way of solving it first depends on blowing up the four boxes (that's the timing element) with the Big Bang by rolling one boulder into the Kabooms. To get the bonus points I just have to pick the right moment to turn off the conveyor belt. If memory serves, I roll the second boulder (which destroys one more box, both boulders are now at rest at the gates), then turn off the conveyor. Now you can reach the second Bonus using the two Boulders (once the exit gates are gone!). Is this how you did it? :?:
Last edited by BruceB on Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:33 pm

Well, I wasn't going to say, since as far as I can determine we don't have spoiler coverage in this forum. But since you've said how you do it....

SPOILER COMING for anyone who doesn't want to know...

OK, I rolled the first boulder down the ramp, taking out the Kabooms and the inside row of four boxes. The boulder also takes out one more box. So now I have five boxes left, and need all of them. Then, after moving the box that the second boulder would crush, I rolled it. Then I turned off the ramp, got the coins and then got the bonus points. (The first time I did this I didn't think about moving that box, which was why I couldn't get both bonus coins.)

What do you mean when you say you have to pick the right moment to turn off the conveyor belt? When are you turning it off?

What's taking me so long is the unpredictability of what happens when I roll that first boulder. Sometimes I lose the Kabooms and the boulder but all the boxes remain, and sometimes I lose the Kabooms but the boxes don't break. Then the boulder keeps rolling and takes out two boxes, leaving a block of boxes that Stinky can't move. I can't get the timing right so I can get predictable results. (But then, if you've read my posts concerning my woes with walking the Kaboom, you know I'm handicapped when it comes to timing...)
BruceB
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by BruceB » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:51 pm

Dianna wrote:Well, I wasn't going to say, since as far as I can determine we don't have spoiler coverage in this forum. But since you've said how you do it....
You're right --- I've edited my post to include the Spoiler Warning.

Dianna wrote:What do you mean when you say you have to pick the right moment to turn off the conveyor belt? When are you turning it off?
I misunderstood you - we actually have the same solution. But I don't have any trouble picking the right time to roll the first boulder (I wait until the line of Kabooms has almost reached the bottom - does it every time).
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:42 am

Great job Bruce.

Plenty of thought went into this - a nice extra challenge trying to get the extra coins!

Sorry I didn't post a reply to this level earlier. Catching up after a little absense...
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:06 pm

Me too Robbie! BruceB I really enjoyed this level. You obviously have a devious mind, lol. :twisted: I look forward to more from you in the future! :wink:
SharonM