New Level (adv) - Pirate Quest 21

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

New Level (adv) - Pirate Quest 21

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:14 pm

377LIZM - Pirate Quest 21 The Flying Dutchman

On the high seas at last, Loof has his first encounter with The Flying Dutchman. 8)

Using the same "ship" texture that I used for PQ17 and 20, so you should have it already.

Also using an assortment of models from Popo. Thanks so much Pauline. :D
This is a new mixture so you will need to download the model file.

EDIT: I've posted a revised version so that Loof has to exit in the lower left corner if you want a gold star. An extra gate has been added to exclude a jump to the top island. :piraterazz:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Liz Mayhew on Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:10 pm

Malaloof, the Flying Dutchman had a bit of a problem. Loof-Lad came to save him. They worked together to get rid of the baddie. Loof-Lad went in search of treasure and Pegnose Peegue, while Malaloof got his ship in order. Great fun! Thanks Liz! :D :D
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:13 pm

Whoohoo, off to play this one now. Image Image
Pauline
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:58 pm

Image Image :stinkyeek: EEEEEEEEK!! Image

Pauline
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:00 pm

Loof has saved the day and the 'Flying Dutchman' is sailing off into the sunset! :D

Thanks Lizzie,
bob
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:15 pm

Great teamwork level and not always easy to switch between the two ships :twisted:
One step closer to Jellyfish Island. Thanks, Liz :D
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:39 pm

Malaloof, the Flying Dutchman had a bit of trouble with that ghost on his ship but with some help fron Loof-Lad they took care of the problem but not before the ghost got Malaloof a few times before the Lad had time to react. Then with some team work they loaded the cannon. Loof Lad is once again off on his quest.

This was a thinker stinker. Wasn't sure at 1st what I needed. Malaloof was running around trying to read signs and being chased by a ghost........whew. The the lad didn't know if he was going to need that metal box, since he saw 2 buttons over there on the other ship. Another great one Liz. Enjoying this quest.
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:15 pm

Wasn't sure I was gonna be able to post on this, so soon - due to that rascally ghost. Him and me tangled way too much :evil: :evil: :lol:

Had to play the level and then go back and read your signs :oops: was too worried about taking care of that scurvy ghost and the fire lizard was booted outta there. :lol:

Excellant fun all the way, thank you. :P :P
Cathy
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:53 pm

Just thought of something....

Malaloof, the flying dutchman

Sort of fits him seeing as he just took his first flight and all.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:16 am

Yarr! He's the Flying Dutchman for that very reason Monica! :lol:

Popo - where did you get those brilliant smilies? Did you make them?
I want the Piratey one. 8)
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:48 am

Yep I made em, well I'm in the process of makin' em. Copy the URL in the properties menu when you right click it, and put it between Img tags like you would a picture.

I'm hoping Patrick will put em on the forum when I've done em.

Take your pick..... Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Finally got the timing right for the jump to the island, I had been looking for a way to get rid of the cannon but couldn't find one. I have to admit to looking in the editor at the start cos the ghostie wouldn't leave the Flying Dutchman alone long enough to see what I had to do. Image

Off to search for Jellyfish Island now, me hearties. Image

EDIT
Pirate smilies now available under 'view more emoticons' when posting a message. Thanks Patrick. :piratesmile:
Pauline
wonderfull
Rainbow Star

Post by wonderfull » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:04 pm

You had me going on this one Liz. But Loofie finally saw his way through the fog and bid farewell to Flyguy Mahaloof. He was a little afraid to enter the cave at the end however, as it was bumping around like a bad case of indigestion! :pirateeek:
(Great smilies Popo, thanks!!)
It's a Wonderfull life
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:21 pm

I died more times than I care to count from the ghost in the beginning, and killed the shadow stinker more than a few times! This was a very tough adventure!

I am wondering how many people actually exited the bottom exit? Loof did! :piratewink:

Thanks!
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:43 pm

wonderlandlover wrote:I am wondering how many people actually exited the bottom exit? Loof did! :piratewink:
I didn't, left that for the next adventure and went to help the Flying Dutchman :D
Cathy
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:46 pm

:pirateeek: :pirateeek: :pirateeek: :pirateeek:

I can't get enough time to figure it out yet :piratecry:
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:55 pm

What a thrill to be part of Pirate Quest!! Big kiss, Liz... :D :D :D

I haven't gotten this far yet, but I will. Looks clompicate with that ghost floating around... :shock:
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:17 pm

wonderlandlover wrote:I am wondering how many people actually exited the bottom exit? Loof did! :piratewink:
What? There wa a bottom exit? Now I'll have to go look again. :piratelol:

Brilliant level, Liz! (love the smilies, popo!)
Loirae
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:32 pm

Looks like there are many ways to do this as well.

Jump to the island? Loof was meant to ride there on the transporter.

Maybe I'll have to revise this one. :piraterazz:

Thanks Patrick for making the Pirate smileys available.
And mega thanks Pauline for making them in the first place!
:piratesmile: :pirateeek: :piratesmile: :piratewink: :pirateeek: :piratesmile:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:51 pm

Here's the revised version. Now Loof has to exit in the lower left corner if you want a gold star. Also you can't jump to the upper island.

Maybe LooptheLoop Loirae can! :piratelol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:30 pm

wonderlandlover wrote:I am wondering how many people actually exited the bottom exit? Loof did! :piratewink:Thanks!
My Loof did too! Had to leave Malaloof to take care of his ship! :piratesmile: :piratelol:
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:43 pm

Wow did I mess this poor thing up bad! I finally figured out that there was a generator DUH! I wasn't getting rid of what I had to in the beginning to get that baby going so I was totally confoozled! Then I had to jump to the exit also cuz I couldn't figure out how to get what I needed in the right spot to build a bridge to exit out the bottom left. SHEESH whatta goober I am today!

Good thing I had the flying Dutchman to help out! Great fun Lizzie....not sure if I'm ready to try the revised version yet :pirateeek:
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:11 pm

You mean I wasn't supposed to jump in front of the cannon????? :pirateeek: :piraterolleyes: No wonder I was having a hard time doing it. :piratelol: :piratelol:

I can see I'm gonna have to have another go at this one. Good job I'm a masochist that's all I can say. :piraterolleyes: :piratewink:
Pauline
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:27 pm

Oops, I had Loof use the tramps also. Malaloof pushed one box in the brink first before Loof sent the transporter over with the rolling rock, and he did exit out the bottom but only because I couldn't get him back to where Malaloof was because I put the wood box in the brink there. :lol: I did get the cannon part right though.

You'll be making a revised version for every level you create, because no matter what someone is going to find a loop hole or a different way to do it. Makes it more interesting.......... :lol:

Off to play the revised version.

OK, sorry Liz, I just don't know how to get rid of all the boxes if Loof rides the transporter over to Malaloof. He still had to send it by boulder then tramp over there even though you said he couldn't, but he did. Then he exited out the bottom while the dutchman went out the upper exit.
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:52 pm

Liz Mayhew wrote:Here's the revised version. Now Loof has to exit in the lower left corner if you want a gold star. Also you can't jump to the upper island.

Maybe LooptheLoop Loirae can! :piratelol:
Of course I can! :piraterazz:

I'm not sure what you changed other than adding the stuff at the bottom. But Looflad collected all those coins, stood at the bottom exit, and said, "Huh. The dutchman seems to need help getting his coins!" So looflad went back to the boat, then tramped over to Mahaloof's ship, helped him gather the coins and they both went below deck for a couple mugs of rum.

Still much fun!! :piraterazz: :piraterazz: :piraterazz:
Loirae
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:27 pm

Finally got to the revised version. Other than absolutely having to go out the bottom with one of the gang I finally figured out the box generator DUH!!! Got one out the bottom and one out the top!

Off to the next adventure!!!
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:42 pm

:D :D :D Finally got this one done, dangy doo Liz, I kept trying to do the impossible and I didn't see the one ghost dude at first and why you ask! Cuz i kept shooting him by having Stinky hide from the other ghost dude by standing on the blue button, DOH!!! :oops: :lol:
I just couldn't figure out what I was missing all along.
Once I got that part sorted I flew down to the caves and I say that Looflad is a brave soul, He went right in, Mahaloof went on his merry way after helping out.
Brilliant and dangerous level, Thanks for the fun, now I can carry on! :D :D :D
Keeks
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:39 am

Ha ha ha, just played the revised version and found it much easier than the first one. That red gate helped save my bum from blisters ... AND ... only while playing this one did I realise I could take a raft to the island instead of jumping there :piraterolleyes: I wish I'd noticed that the first time. :piratelol: :piratelol:
Pauline
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:18 pm

Spent an age on this one Pirate Master Lizzie :piraterolleyes: I just wasn't seeing what the cannon's use was for and was even entering that area and getting blocked in :pirateredface:

Finally got my act together and both pirates made it home in one piece - eventually! That damn spooky ghost deserves to walk the plank! :pirateeek:

This level looked brillaint - you are so good at creating ambience and fun in your levels! :piratesmile:

Many thanks :D
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:30 am

Took several restarts before I realized what I was doing wrong! Finally got the help in the right places so Loof-Lad and the Flying Dutchman could get everything done! Great fun, thanks!