New Level (adv) - Pirate Quest 25

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

New Level (adv) - Pirate Quest 25

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:49 am

381LIZM - Pirate Quest 25 Loof-Lad gets a clue

At last Loof-Lad gets a clue about how to find the mysterious Jellyfish Island.

Using a my new desertisland texture which will be used many more times after this.

Also using models by Popo (thanks Poops) and a waterfall by Janetgalle which we've altered a little (thanks so much JG).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:51 pm

Your new texture and models are great!!! :D :D

Had just a little bit of trouble with an island native Image

The gift has been delivered all in one piece. :P :P
Thank you for another delightful adventure. :D :D
Cathy
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:39 pm

Dangerous level Liz. Had several restarts on this one. LoofLad is once again on his way with his clue to find jelly fish island.

Has anyone ever noticed that when you push a cannon thru a tp the cannon is sort of off a half a square? At least I hope it's not just my PC. Makes it confusing, don't know if I'm in front, behind or what. Kept killing poor looflad.

Thanks for the fun Liz.
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:05 pm

LOL Monica isn't that cool? It makes the cannon look like it's above ya! It's not your puter.....unless it's both our puters :?

No seriously, other folks here have talked about seeing that same thing.

Popo, Lizzie, JG this is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I solved the bottom of the puzzle after a few restarts...no clue how to get to the top though hehehe :oops:

I just jump into that conveyor nightmare when I get frustrated and shake things up a bit hehe
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:53 pm

Sending a PM Robyn! :wink:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:01 pm

This one had me scratching me head for a long while. Finally twigged what the cannon was actually for - I'd been using that wild animal to do the job. Lisa's and Laurie's pet gave me a bit of grief until I managed to get him trapped, but then it was easy after that. Things did keep exploding on their own though and I was walking on water near the end. Maybe it was the floating cannon that caused it. :pirateconfused:

Loof Lad is keeping his 'eye' out now for the next one. :piratewink:

Beautiful texture, and the waterfall looked very inviting. :piratesmile: :piratesmile:
Pauline
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:15 pm

I got bit and blowed up a few times before I finally managed to get through this! :shock:

Loved the waterfall and the overall look!

Thanks for the fun Liz,
bob
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:09 pm

Thanks for the tip Lizzie! You wouldn't believe what I was doin' with those cannons :oops:

That Kaboom at the end was brilliant.....well more brilliant than me :oops: It took me 7 tries just to figure out how to "get rid of him" and then the yellow spheres were a bit of a challenge too "DUH" came out of my mouth when I finally figured out how Laurie and Lisa could help get rid of him hehehe

Brilliant!!! And gorgeous too....my son even called it SWEET I guess that means really really cool in teen speak.

Thanks for this, I loved it!
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:40 pm

What a dangerous island.
Lots of traps, I should know, I found every one!
Finally got to the end and, well you know what happened, had to restart ONE more time.
This I think is my favorite so far, beautiful looking, and just the right level of frustration to make me want to keep trying.
Thanks Liz.
jg
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:12 pm

A beautiful, lush island - paradise! Thanks to all of you, Liz, JG and Popo for the beauty!

Like JG, I got to the last area, did what I thought I needed to do and HUH? Nothing! Back to the beginning! You got me! I loved the challenges! Thanks for great fun, Liz! :D
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:52 pm

Wonderful! I tried so many things and finally came up with a plan that worked. I opted for getting rid of ALL of the island natives. The garden of green made me think a native should be mowing it, but it looked lovely with an ice sculpture in it, so I took the easy route. :wink: Lovin the series!
Loirae
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:07 am

Awesome looking! Great collaboration from talented designers! Thoroughly enjoyed working through this adventure! Exciting series, looking forward to more in the saga!
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:39 am

:D :D :D Loved the look, Very atmospheric! I really felt as if I was on a island with hostiles running around with a murderous look in their eye. LOL!
You did an excellent job Liz, you are the Quest Master. Now all I need is the "Eye of the Navigator" he he!
Great models Popo and the waterfall is brilliant Janet. :D :D :D

PS-I keep forgetting about these -> :piratelol: :piratelol: :piratelol:
Last edited by kiki on Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keeks
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by annedanner » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:50 pm

Hey Liz,

This level was so much fun. I lined that yellow sphere up just so and killed that last kaboom - and THEN realized that the blasted blue button was not covered. Had to rethink my strategy.

I loved your design!
Anne
My List
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:42 pm

A beautiful piece of art and a lot of tricky puzzles.
Needed ages to get everything into the right order. :piraterolleyes:

Thanks for all the fun :piratesmile:
wonderfull
Rainbow Star

Post by wonderfull » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:10 am

I was so honored to have a roll in your series Liz. Even though I just stood there like a big dummy...but that's how I felt in certain spots on this level anyway :pirateeek: , so it was quite a fitting look for me!

Even once I figured out what to do, it took umpteen dozen and a half tries to actually complete it all properly! Brialliant level, and beautiful scenery. Thanks so much!! :lol:
It's a Wonderfull life
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:44 pm

Excellent fun yet again! :piratesmile:

I had such a stinker seeing off the chomps and an even stinkier time getting to the travelator! Finally found a way through and Pirate Looflad made it home! :piratesmile:

As always, this looked wonderful and was such fun Lizzie!! :piratewink:

Many thanks :piratesmile:
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:23 pm

Ahoy! I finally have some time to work on levels!

At first I tried getting rid of the kabooms, but realized that wouldn't work to cover the light blue button. Back to the drawing board to kill the other critters, and then it took some time to get the yellow spheres in their place.

A fine level, Matey! Thanks!
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?