"Small World" Level Entries discussion

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:21 pm

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

[size=18][/size]

I have to say that all the entries have been great, congrats to all.

My biggest nightmare has to be Lightning! I just can't get through this one at all, definitely a CHALLENGE.

My vote goes to Stinky Crusoe ( still not completed ) I think it was well planned, great stuff!

My second choice would be Just 3 Coins, another good puzzle.

Last but not least, Surprise, it was good fun.
Whoever sent this one must have the same warped mind as myself!!!!
Hint; We both seem to enjoy hiding chompers. teehee. :evil:

I agree with Eeyore31, everyone should receive a prize, after all 14 isn't a lot to MS is it Patrick? :idea:

Well folks, that;s Maureen thrown out of the forum. ha ha.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Post by malcdelsol » Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:39 pm

Hi Wonderlanders,

As I stated in an earlier post I wasn't to keen to name my top 3 as this really does come down to ones' preference in level type.

I am another who prefers a logical challenge so bearing that in mind, and of course excluding my own (Yes I did find out what the Level Editor was all about) :-

1 Diversionary Tatics

2 Stinky Crusoe

3 A Small Adventure

I would also like a special additional prize for 5 year-old Andrew (unless his was one of the above of course !!). :D

Malcdelsol
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:53 pm

Davimad wrote: Well folks, that;s Maureen thrown out of the forum. ha ha.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[DELETE MAUREEN]
bss...
crzcszzz...
drrrtttt.
Beep.
DELETION CONFIRMED.

Move on folks, nothing to see around here! 8)
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HA HA HA VERY FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:42 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Sorry Majic1, it was you who mentioned a prize for everyone.

Just getting confused in my old age! :roll:
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:16 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:but how about everyone jots down their personal Top 3 (no justification necessary) - perhaps 3rd place could be the popular vote?
Well, mine would basically be the ones I listed in the "Fun" section of my comments. I'm not sure if I can narrow things down to 3. I also just can't rate my own level, because...you know, if you make it yourself, your experience playing it just won't be the same as someone else making the level, since you know nothing about it when you start playing.
LeanDemon
Gold Wonderlander

Post by LeanDemon » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:44 pm

For those of you who haven't completed Stinky Crusoe (ie. CASTAWAY) yet, here's a hint: Kaboom is your friend, don't blow the poor guy up :cry: . He's there to help!

Let me know if you need another hint.

PS. Majic1 commented on this earlier, but I thought I'd elaborate a little further.
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:50 pm

LeanDemon wrote:For those of you who haven't completed Stinky Crusoe (ie. CASTAWAY) yet, here's a hint: Kaboom is your friend, don't blow the poor guy up :cry: . He's there to help!
Ah-ha! I guessed right! I knew this is your level! Only you can make levels that have me try over 50+ times before figuring it out, and then 50 more times because I keep messing up. :wink:

It really is a very good level, though I think I really learned to hate the chomper and the coily a lot after my 15th try or so. :wink:
LeanDemon
Gold Wonderlander

Post by LeanDemon » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:41 pm

LinkyNStoof wrote:Ah-ha! I guessed right! I knew this is your level! Only you can make levels that have me try over 50+ times before figuring it out, and then 50 more times because I keep messing up. :wink:
Rats! My cover's blown! :wink:

DiscGolfer
Rainbow Wizard

Post by DiscGolfer » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:05 pm

Rumor Department-
LeanDemon and LinkyNStoof are the same person.
The Jekyll/Hyde of the Wonderland World.
This has not been confirmed.
It is just a rumor.
:wink:

Seriously- Great levels you two! :D I was expecting great things from both of you. Crusue and Diversionary Tactics are in my top three.

Who will be the third?-
Surprise
Three Coins
A Small Adventure

:?: :?: :?: :?:
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:54 pm

My picks? Boy, what a decision! Guess I'd pick Stinky Crusoe, 3 Coins, hmmmmm, not sure which one for the 3rd!
jperleevt
Rainbow Master

Post by jperleevt » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:39 am

Top three very hard to choose but here goes:

Just 3 Coins
A Small Adventure
It's a Contest

Everyone's a winner in my eye though! :mrgreen:

Jen
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:04 am

Hi all,
I guess I can't put this off! I had a hard time picking three, but here goes.....

I would say that my three picks would be Stinky Crusoe, More Than Meets the Eye, and Surprise! . They are three different types of puzzles and different difficulty levels. The order does not indicate placement, because I can't compare apples and oranges. As for the most difficult, I would say Divesionary Tactics, Coins 3, Lightning Strikes, and Stinky Crusoe. I still haven't completed those! :lol:

I agree with majic1, though, every one of the levels entered deserves a prize! They were all so inventive! :D
SharonM
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:47 am

jperleevt wrote:Everyone's a winner in my eye though!
Absolutely! The best part about this is getting 14 more levels to not only be played, but to get inspired by.

For example, I was thinking about one of the levels and how if I made it, how I might want to jazz things up...and voila, a new idea is born! 8) But I might not have time until this weekend to flesh it out into a level though. (And don't worry, this time I guarantee you'll have no problems figuring out what to do; the difficulty will solely be in the "doing" part.)

Basically it's an idea of making a hedge maze a little more dangerous, but not via hidden monsters... :twisted:
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:54 am

:? :? :? :? :? :?

Lean Demon, great level love it to bits.

The only problem is; How do I stop the kaboom from getting blown to kingdom come?
Secondly, I can't stop that steel box from moving onto the conveyor!
I have tried countless times , please help.

Incidentally, I agree with maldelsol on the subject of Andrew, he should get a prize for being the youngest contestant!

SORRY PATRICK! FORGOT THAT I WAS BLOWN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:P :P :P :P
Milchi
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Milchi » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:06 am

Seriously, I think those levels are far too difficult and that ruins all the fun for me. :( :( I just don't like thinking uncounted hours how to solve something and then play five minutes.

How about posting a solution for every level submitted to this forum as a seperate entry (clearly marked as SOLUTION TO). This would be a real benefit; maybe I could even understand the principle behind levels like this...
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:59 pm

Milchi wrote: How about posting a solution for every level submitted to this forum as a seperate entry (clearly marked as SOLUTION TO). This would be a real benefit; maybe I could even understand the principle behind levels like this...
Good idea... I will start a new thread labeled "Small World Level Solutions". Could you write (or copy/paste) a solution to your level on this thread (no obligation, obviously). That way the full solutions are separate from the hints/discussions.
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:25 pm

Robbie,
Apologies for not mentioning your level :oops: ! I meant to say that as far as pure creativity goes, yours stands alone! I like the story theme and alternative play (meaning, not the usual Wonderland objectives)! It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I usually play RPG's and this is sort of reminiscent of those. Keep up the good work! :D
SharonM
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:12 am

Lightning Strikes is not an arcade level? Or my fingers are just too good? :lol:
OK, if you got me wrong, I mean that all this action was really easy for me. BUT I was stuck on HOW to get Stinky out of the beginning for a really long time! Once it clicked, the rest was easy-peasy. :wink:
And no, I didn't fell for the ending trick because I knew it myself already. :wink:
I've solved this level with 2:15 left on the clock. :wink:
Sorry for picking up such an old thread, but seeing your sayings about lightning strikes, I couldn't resist. :lol:
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Foxxxie25
Silver Wonderlander

14 new levels

Post by Foxxxie25 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:38 pm

I'm new to this, and can't find the location of these 14 new levels. Can you please send me the path/link to find. I even went to Midnight Synergy to see if the games were posted there, but found nothing. Thank you in advance for helping a newbie.
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:06 pm

Here you go Foxy :D

This was the first original Small Worlds Competition: http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... ompetition

Then there was another Small Worlds Competition more recently: http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... ompetition

Have fun :twisted:
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:06 pm

These are not "new" levels.
They were created for a competition in 2004.
Have fun, we did...... way back then. :wink:
jg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: "Small World" Level Entries discussion

Post by Amnon » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:29 pm

Just completed this "Stinky Crusoe", a great level!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:25 pm

Just done "Diversionary Tactics - another wonderful level!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:26 pm

Done them all, thanks!