New Level

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
janellesnip
Rainbow Wonderlander

New Level

Post by janellesnip » Wed May 28, 2008 9:40 pm

I called it Janelle04 so that it is identifiable, although I would have liked a nicer name... I probably could not have thought of a nicer name, anyhow. This is the result of several weeks of work, so I hope you all enjoy it. If anyone can think of improvements, please write me a pm.

Enjoy!
Janelle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Wed May 28, 2008 11:06 pm

Janelle, in the upper right hand corner when you go to give your level a name you can type anything you want but when you click the button to save your level it's a good idea to save it under your name., so we remember who's folder it goes into.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu May 29, 2008 4:37 pm

Hi Janelle

WELCOME TO LEVEL MAKING!

You have worked hard on this one. It's a pretty big and challenging level with loads of stuff hidden in the walls :twisted:

So far I haven't managed to complete it - I keep getting killed by various surprises :cry: :lol:

But one area is very puzzling to me. It's the coins between the trees at the right side wall. I don't see how it's possible to get them at all. I need a little hint please!
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Thu May 29, 2008 6:04 pm

Yup Janelle, Liz is right, there's no way to get those coins over by the tree. I'm finding it hard to get past the one-second tile you have where the coily is, there's not enough time to get back over the electro tile and the coily keeps killing the stinker.
Nice to see another level from you.
janellesnip
Rainbow Wonderlander

Reply to Lizzie

Post by janellesnip » Thu May 29, 2008 7:25 pm

Dear Lizzie, specifically there are two transporters -- one is wedged behind the time-clocks and two-step bridges. Using both, you can go 'round and 'round the space, having a stop at each spot. It kills time, but it works...

Below I am writing a spoiler to the entire level:
Well, I hope this comes out as I wish in the message... here it is:

Stinky is standing one space below the top of the level, and should not go that one space up yet, since there is an alligator waiting for him at the right corner of the first part. What I do is the following: I wait for the z-bot to pass, then go down and eat a couple of coins. As long as I remain in the centre column, the z-bot will not get me. Then I wait for him
    • to
pass on the right and push his reflector up one and run back down again. The next time z-bot comes, he goes in the water and is eliminated. Actually I just added him to kill space, since I had that one empty corner and did not know what to put there. Sorry it is not such an interesting part.

Then I make sure the kaboom is not coming. There is a box hidden in the fourth square from the right of the wall directly below me. I push it down and wait for mr. kaboom to pass above (or if he is not in the area I run back up and to the right before he comes).

Then I push the green cannon one space to the left -- the kaboom gets killed on his following round. I also like to entice the alligator to follow me at this point, since he can get killed by the cannon as well.

By now you should have four coins only.

In the little corner between the tiny pyramids, there is a coin behind the spikes. They are slow (3, I think), so do not pose a problem if you are careful.

Then I push the box in my pathway one spot to the left- - it falls into the water. then I advance two more spaces.

Then I wait for the high voltage to be gone and advance to the left all the way into the wall and go one down. I wait for the voltage again and immediately go one right, one up, and two right. I have time to do this before the next electric shock comes. At this point, a box is standing one square to the left of the voltage, and a coily has come up from below. I go do something else while waiting for the coily to kill himself on the electric spots.

Once the coily is dead, I ignore the box and walk below the two voltage squares to the two-step bridge. I await the next voltage shock and advance to its right (east). Then I await the spikes and go right-down-up-left and collect the two coins. Then I reverse my path, leaving water where the bridges were, and return to the first corridor. In the spot above the new water hole, push one box out of the wall and into the water. Do the same with the coily's box and the other water hole. Now I am free to go rescue loof.

Avoid the walls and coins here until you get your bearings. above the rock there are two fake-wall squares. Get behind the ...sorry, boulder... and push it down and into the water. There is another rock in the wall, but be sure not to go as far down as the bonus coin or else you will have an angry kaboom on your hands. Roll the second rock/boulder into the water. Now you may eat the bonus coin on the left, but leave the other one for now.

Go over the rock-bridge, and to the left into the wall. There are five fake-wall spots, one containing a box, one cointaining a coin, and one containing a bonus coin. once you have eaten all you can eat there, push the box into the water. Then stand on the yellow button below you. There are two yellow gates in the game: one in your area, and one which releases a rainbow spirit next to the pyramids. Use the shift-key to make sure the spirit has eaten all six coins before releasing the shift-key. Then release the yellow button exactly when mr. kaboom is on the spots with the yellow gate. When he is dead you may proceed.

Push the bottom boulder to the right (eastwards). It will stop at the one-step bridge. There are two fake-wall spots below it, so you can go there and push it up to the mushroom. From the mushroom push the boulder right (east) again. Then push it down into the water. While you are there, there is one hidden coin in the corner and one visible coin above you. Eat them whenever you wish.

OK... Then go to the second boulder. Push it down (south) first and only then repeat the same path of the first coin. Now you may eat the coin behind the one-step bridge. Then cross the boulder-bridge and eat the coin, stepping on the blue timer-button at the same time. Switch to loof. Make sure the green gate (controlled by the coily in section one of the game) is closed, otherwise you risk getting shot. Switch between stinky and loof as many times as necessary to make sure the green gate is closed when loof steps out. If you know how to use the tilt controls, it really helps at this point to tilt the game a bit: Alt-X (or Alt-fn-X) 7, 9, and a bit of 8 is what I mean. Then you can see loof's area better. Advance to the left (west) to just below the box and one up. Then follow the box. You will land on it. Go right and immediately left if you want to get the bonus coin without getting eaten by the alligator. Then avoid the spikes on the left and get to the coin above them. Then jump over the trampoline to the left and get one more coin. Then jump back over the same trampoline and hold the left arrow so that you jump immediately back to the left, on the spot above the spikes. Avoiding the spikes again, go back to the box. Making sure again the the green gate is closed for the purple cannon, slide down, go one square to the right, and up. At the third jump hold down the left arrow so that loof makes it over the wall. He will land in a fake wall, where a boulder had been before.

Go back to section one of the game -- only with loof. Stand him so that the yellow alligator in the middle stays on the red button. This controls a cannon below the rainbow spirit. If you use Stinky to stand on the yellow button again, the spirit will get killed before long. Then walk with stinky to the top left corner of the game.

Take stinky into the "maze". When he gets to the spot to the right of the white gate, his alligator in section one will automatically open it for him and he can retreive the coin.

Now there are two ways to proceed:
Hard way: Avoiding the cannon, the voltage and the green gate (subject to control by the coily in the middle), go in and get the other coin.
Easy way: Stand below the spot of the red gate and push one space up. A box appears above the wall. Switch to loof and guide the yellow alligator off and back onto the red button. The box will have exploded and stinky can go through the wall to get the second coin.

Now you have one more area of the puzzle to complete. First unblock the transporter so that you have two. Go 'round and 'round the island in the same direction (either direction is OK), getting the coins on the way. The comments to this section are: When you get to the water-transporter at the bottom, there are coins in the walls there. When you get to the side-island where there is one coily, there is another coin in the wall. Make sure that the rainbow spirit is already dead at this point or it will sneak through there and eat you. When you reach the area with the sticky cubes, try to make the bridge on the left side, so that the coilies get electrocuted when hopping off their island. ... And, make sure to leave one transporter where loof can reach it before disappearing with stinky into the exit.

Yes, it is a difficult level, even I cannot always complete it!

Yours,
Janelle
Last edited by janellesnip on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
janellesnip
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by janellesnip » Fri May 30, 2008 8:34 am

uneekrose wrote:Janelle, in the upper right hand corner when you go to give your level a name you can type anything you want but when you click the button to save your level it's a good idea to save it under your name., so we remember who's folder it goes into.
Dear Uneekrose,
That is exactly the problem: If I want to post all of my levels in the folder "Janellesnip," I must keep moving them to new folders after posting them. This is because of the following: I just began to work on a new level (which may or may not ever make it to posting). When I went to save it, I called it "mein neues Niveaulein" in the upper right hand corner, then I clicked on "save" below, and called the folder "JANELLESNIP." Then I went to check what was going on in my list of levels. My original level "Janelle04," which was also saved in the folder "JANELLESNIP," became overwritten. That is, it was gone. (No worries, I just downloaded it back from the forum.)

On the other hand, when I open the custom levels that I have downloaded from Mette's website, it seems completely different: Under one folder name (for example, CAROLYN or BOBROEST), there are many levels. Does Mette have a magic editor that can save multiple levels in a folder, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Janelle
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Fri May 30, 2008 8:53 am

Thanks for posting the huge walkthrough Janelle - I bet that took almost as much work as the level. :D

The cleverly placed second raft certainly had me fooled! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've given up on this one for now because after about 12 attempts I'm killed either by coilies or electro tiles (both pet hates of mine :twisted: ) or I run out of time way before I'm done because I'm trying to be careful avoiding the dangers or I'm patiently searching the walls for hidden stuff.

I think on a level of this size you need to leave plenty of time (I could turn the timer off, of course). :wink:

One day perhaps I'll succeed.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Fri May 30, 2008 9:15 am

janellesnip wrote:
uneekrose wrote:Janelle, in the upper right hand corner when you go to give your level a name you can type anything you want but when you click the button to save your level it's a good idea to save it under your name., so we remember who's folder it goes into.
Dear Uneekrose,
That is exactly the problem: If I want to post all of my levels in the folder "Janellesnip," I must keep moving them to new folders after posting them. This is because of the following: I just began to work on a new level (which may or may not ever make it to posting). When I went to save it, I called it "mein neues Niveaulein" in the upper right hand corner, then I clicked on "save" below, and called the folder "JANELLESNIP." Then I went to check what was going on in my list of levels. My original level "Janelle04," which was also saved in the folder "JANELLESNIP," became overwritten. That is, it was gone. (No worries, I just downloaded it back from the forum.)

On the other hand, when I open the custom levels that I have downloaded from Mette's website, it seems completely different: Under one folder name (for example, CAROLYN or BOBROEST), there are many levels. Does Mette have a magic editor that can save multiple levels in a folder, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Janelle
Hi Janelle

How to make your folder and keep all your levels:

Open Disk C and locate Return to Wonderland Deluxe and then open the CustomLevels folder.

Make your own folder called JANELLESNIP.

Each time you make a level, call it Janelle01, 02, 03, 04, etc ...
You can give your level a separate title, just as uneekrose says in her post above.
When you make the levels they will not be in your folder, because they are still in the Level Editor area.

When you have finished making/testing/playing that level, you can drag it into your folder.

Hope this helps. If not, just ask again.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
janellesnip
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by janellesnip » Fri May 30, 2008 1:15 pm

Liz Mayhew wrote: Hi Janelle

How to make your folder and keep all your levels:

Open Disk C and locate Return to Wonderland Deluxe and then open the CustomLevels folder.

Make your own folder called JANELLESNIP.

Each time you make a level, call it Janelle01, 02, 03, 04, etc ...
You can give your level a separate title, just as uneekrose says in her post above.
When you make the levels they will not be in your folder, because they are still in the Level Editor area.

When you have finished making/testing/playing that level, you can drag it into your folder.

Thank you, Liz. This helps a lot! I am sorry you had to give up on my level -- I play without the timer on, so maybe six-and-a-half minutes is really too little.

Yours,
Janelle

PS One more comment about being able to finish the level: If you get frustrated about knowing which wall you must get behind, use Alt-x-3 until you are below the game and Alt-x-1 until you can see it from the bottom. Then all the coins are visible to you.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:24 pm

I finally had some time to take a run at this and quite an adventure it was! :D

Naturally I made numerous mistakes but eventually made it to the exit with gold.

I see you've posted a monster walk-through, I'm going to read it after I finish this post and see if I did it your way. :wink:

Thanks,
bob
janellesnip
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by janellesnip » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:15 pm

bob roest wrote:I finally had some time to take a run at this and quite an adventure it was! :D
Coming from you, bob, that is a real compliment. Most of your levels are far better than anything I can imagine!
Janelle
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:41 pm

Finally finished this one janelle. I'm sure I did a few things different from your spoiler. A lot of hidden things and traps here but Stinky and loof found them all. thanks for the fun and thanks for the level.
tweetyangel
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tweetyangel » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:22 pm

Whew! What a level! Thanks for the walk through. I wouldn't have made it without the help, although it still took several tries!
janellesnip
Rainbow Wonderlander

custom texture

Post by janellesnip » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:29 pm

Liz Mayhew wrote: Make your own folder called JANELLESNIP.

Thank you, Liz, that does help... now one more question about custom textures: If I am making a level and select custom texture for it, how does the computer know which texture to give it. What if I want your island texture, for example? I downloaded it with your "Away from the Snow" level ... but how do I get it to be part of MY level? (Don't worry, I have no plan to steal that particular texture.)

good night
janellesnip
Rainbow Wonderlander

custom texture

Post by janellesnip » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:29 pm

Sorry, this was a double post. I must have pressed "submit" twice.
Last edited by janellesnip on Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:45 am

Hi Janelle - you are welcome to use any of my textures. In fact as soon as a texture is posted on this Forum it becomes the property of Midnight Synergy and is free for all of us to use.

Here's what you do to put a CustomTexture on one of your levels.
1. Click through the Style: section until you get Custom
2. Hold SHIFT and T. A text box will appear and you type in the name of the CustomTexture you want, followed by ENTER.

Make sure you know the name of the texture before you start.

Let me know if you need more! 8)
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
janellesnip
Rainbow Wonderlander

Great!

Post by janellesnip » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:22 pm

It worked! Now a new level I am working on just got your texture desertisland. Except I have no idea yet what this level is about or whether it is going to be a level. It is just practise.
Marinus sent me a link to more information.

Wow, Liz, 7704 posts.... I will be dead long before I reach 2000, I think....

;)
Janelle
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: Great!

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:30 am

janellesnip wrote:Wow, Liz, 7704 posts.... I will be dead long before I reach 2000, I think....
;)
Janelle
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well I'm very old Janelle, so one foot in the grave already!

Most of all those posts were simply because of playing every level I could and posting on them.

Glad the texture worked. Good luck with the level! :D :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:02 pm

Not that fast :wink:

There is some guides stickied in this forum, you can always check it out.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
sassy
Rainbow Keeper

Post by sassy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:45 pm

If someone plays this again :D I read the walkthrough and I can almost get done but can't for the life of me figure out how to manage to get a hold of that second travelator/transporter around that island to the bottom right side????
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:22 pm

Just use both characters on both other transporters, let them go towards each other so they meet near the bottom transporter.
sassy
Rainbow Keeper

Post by sassy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:11 am

Amnon wrote:Just use both characters on both other transporters, let them go towards each other so they meet near the bottom transporter.
Both transporters. ok and this has happened to me before that a game I downloaded was messed up. I'm wondering if this is the case now bc on mine I have the one transporter in the top middle of the empty spaces right above the coilies, and the only other transporter I have is the one below in the water and that's the one I can't figure out how to get to, even just looking in the editor now I'm still confused. .. sorry but i'm just so lost :O
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:37 am

There is one more transporter!

Look very well for you would be very disappointed if you don't find it yourself.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:26 am

You can clearly see that transporter in the editor (and in the game) - it doesn't have any objects on top.
sassy
Rainbow Keeper

Post by sassy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:48 pm

OMG thanks so much! Why I almost always fail to see the most obvious things is beyond me! DUH! hehehehe
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:20 pm

Thanks for bringing this level back, Sassy, it was fun.