2008 HOLIDAY CONTEST LEVELS

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:29 pm

Thanks Monica and Welcome Home! I missed you! :P

You have a lot of playing to do....better get busy. :lol: :lol:
Let us know if you need help on any of the levels. :D
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:50 pm

I missed you all...It's so good to be back home, nothing like sleeping in your own bed and I slept really great last night.

I've already finished about seven of these and had to look thru them all, what an awesome job everyone did. Three more and we'd have had the whole alphabet. The models, the textures, WOW. I think I've already figured out who did one or two but that's about it.

I see some spoilers have been posted and I have a feeling I'll be asking for some help. Just wanted to say these are great, I am in awe.
:lol:
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:34 pm

Thank you! Glad to see you back, Monica :D :D
You have your work cut out for you playing catch up. A few weeks without :( poor you. Have fun! Ditto what Emmy said let us know if you need help :wink:
Cathy
duncan
Rainbow Seeker

Post by duncan » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:00 am

OK THATS IT! WHO CHANGED MY TEXURE!?
Don't judge a person by his look,but his heart
Anytime, Anyplace, Adventure Always Awaits!
Last edited by Loof on 1/1/19999999999999999 BC; edited 98998 in total.
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:14 am

duncan wrote:OK THATS IT! WHO CHANGED MY TEXURE!?
:shock: I have no clue what you are talking about :? :?
The ONLY texture submitted to us that was modified is xmas2 because of size problems and that was done by the creator!
Cathy
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:15 am

Duncan, if you go back and read the first page of this thread you'll see there were quite a few problems with some of the textures, models etc.. Popo & Cathy were kind enough to resize/correct the problems & re-post them so we could all see & enjoy them they way the creators intended. :D
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:08 am

SO Duncan I guess we can all assume you've submitted a level in the contest :wink: :lol:

Dizzy, I think you and I must have post the above at the same time... sorry IF I put my nose where it didn't belong :P
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:43 am

laura n. wrote:SO Duncan I guess we can all assume you've submitted a level in the contest :wink: :lol:
Nu huh, Image he isn't talking, nice try Image
laura n. wrote:Dizzy, I think you and I must have post the above at the same time... sorry IF I put my nose where it didn't belong :P

Laura, Image the doctor said you must wear your glasses, now put them back on Image and read it again Image

..and I think we were posting at the same time - no problem :wink:
Cathy
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:55 am

laura n. wrote:Dizzy, I think you and I must have post the above at the same time... sorry IF I put my nose where it didn't belong :P
:lol: :lol: :lol: You mean "Cathy"! :lol: :lol: :lol:
(and your nose is just fine) :wink:
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:59 am

OK Cathy I promise I'll wear my glasses from now on Image

Ya know sometimes my "blonde" really shows :oops: Oh well if we can't laugh at ourselves think of all the fun we'd miss Image
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:59 am

You mean "Cathy"!
She'll read it again when she has her glasses on, then she'll send you a dozen roses for goofing up :wink: :lol: :lol:

Edit:
laura n. wrote:Ya know sometimes my "blonde" really shows :oops: Oh well if we can't laugh at ourselves think of all the fun we'd miss Image
Darn..we were posting at the same time again Image I sure hope I didn't ruin Dizzy's surprise Image
Cathy
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:07 am

Well, Hi ya Dizzbomb Image
Glasses are on.. here's your roses
Image :lol: :lol:
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:11 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You two are really making my day! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:18 am

Oh and Cathy just so you don't feel left out, here's some for you ...

Now Dizzy, now whining that hers are bigger Image I love ya both the same Image
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:18 am

I'm so happy that you got your roses Image it's really nice when someone thinks your special enough to get them Image Image

Edit: Dag gone it - you type faster than I do Image

Double edit: Thank you so much for the roses, Laura Image but Dizzy really needs bigger ones Image so it's okay if you switch them around :wink: Image
Cathy
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:21 am

I just got a few requests for additional spoilers - for levels J, K, N, P, & Q which I will be posting shortly :wink:

SPOILER LEVEL J - SANTA OLYMPICS
**Walkthrough for Santa Olympics**

Do not move the spheres now.

Boxes
Walk toward the top gold button, and use the tramp to jump over and take all the coins.
Come back thru the right TP, you will end up on the left side.
Push the right box thru the right TP boxes are now both on left side
Enter the right TP

Push the cannon right over the ice and stop to take out the boxes below the conveyor, far right top
Do not take coins on conveyor
Push the cannon down further to take out the top box.
Avoid cannon fire and take coin on the right, then step down and push lower box to the left 2 spaces...don't push it all the way to the left wall
Avoid cannon fire again and push cannon into the water, a step is now made.
Push box into the next water hole, south.
Take bonus coin

Come back thru the route over the ice and enter the right TP
You come out on the left, with a box in front of you. Push that box 2 steps to the right, just to get it out of the way...save this box.
Enter right TP, exit left TP. Box is on white button

Come around and push box thru left TP, follow it thru to get it in the top walkway. Exit thru right TP
Jump over using trampoline and push box all the way to the right area where you can turn around and push it back up to fill the water hole. Now you can go back and forth thru that area.
Push remaining box on white button

Spheres

Push boulder left...you end up inside
Step down and push boulder up against Santa wall, then push left. Boulder sits in front of conveyor. Take coin out of Santa wall

Push left sphere up into right TP.
Follow and push sphere right, it goes down into far right area against wall
Push sphere right..it goes into lower right area, against aqua gate.
Come back thru the top, exit thru left TP

Walk to conveyor and send boulder to the top. Walk up onto star step and push boulder to the left to start action over aqua timer

Come back and push remaining green sphere down. Then right against wall, up and right again so it enters the conveyor and rests against the wall
Go back and use trampoline to jump over...avoid flying boulder, and to into the right area to push remaining boulder into water.

Now go back up and take coins on far right square button that stops the conveyor. Take other coin in that room with conveyor
Come back thru the bottom, and use the lower trampoline.

Go back to starting area and jump over wall.
Exit thru right TP and you come out left TP and push box off button.
This box goes into the water over the stopped conveyor.

Transport left to area with boulder.
A quick up, down, left with no stop, will get you out of there alive

Walk thru to where Santa's Little Helper is caged.
The trick to a clean exit is to take the coins from the bottom, walk up, in continuous motion (don't stop) one square above walk way, right one, then down onto path and Little Helper will follow and stay off the electric tiles. Walk to exit so Little Helper sits on the red button so you can exit. He can't get you.
SPOILER - LEVEL K PRESENT DELIVERY
Push the four metal boxes onto the conveyor stop buttons.
Push the wood box right.
Push the red spheres down and build a bridge to the tramp area.
Tramp around and collect the coins then come back and send the sticky cube onto the tramps.
Use the new sticky to stop the spheres on yellow, green, blue and pink buttons.
Slide across and collect the coins in the gates and push the sticky into the tramp area and down into the water opposite the exit, use another sticky to complete the job.
Grab the bonus coin from the right, then get the rest of the bonus coins and exit.
Cathy
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:37 am

SPOILER LEVEL N - SPIRIT ELF
Before the iceslide, move top box out and into position. (There are many places you can put it, no one correct place.) Push second box left against the wall. Slide...To release the spirit...quick time here...
After the spirit leaves the lower left corner, push the box 1 up. stinky steps left and slides up next to box. When spirit leaves upper right corner and starts down, push the box 1 right, and at the correct moment step back. Collect coin and don't forget to push both boxes into the room.
The next part is just putting boxes in the correct places to deflect the spirit to the coins.
Once the coins are collected. push boxes into water (1 on each side) where both "coin gates" went down to collect bonuses. Push box into water to start bridge for Loof. Get last box (if you haven't gotten it already,) to continue bridge to Loof. This will trigger 2 boxes for Loof to use.
SPOILER LEVEL P (Part 1 & 2) FROLICS ANONYMOUS
(PART 1 & 2)

The goal is to get 2 steelboxes into the lava in order to go trough the gate. The first is easy...
Now get the coin on the red buttons and then stand between the 2 boxes when they land. Push one right. The other go in the water just above the green boulder. The grey boulder will be pushed to the right and in the lower part where it will dance around with another grey boudler.
Now push the green boulder and move up on the conveyor immediately. You will switch places with the woodbox. Remove all the coins around the other green boulder. Although the button there is green, its really a red herring.
Now see if you can repeat the switching trick... Have fun!!

... Push the green boulder to left step back onto the conveyor and switch places again with the wooden box. Now push the box left down and into the water so you can cross to the area where 2 ice cubes and one steelbox are moving around. The ice cubes go on the cyan and darkblue button. Take the steelbox all the way back to the lava. You can now go through the gate.
SPOILER LEVEL Q CHRISTMAS AT SPACE STATION
Go through white TP, jump D-L-R-U-D. Push bottom boulder down, step on timer and push both boulders right. Step on blue button. Go up and move top boulder down over red timer. Grab bonus coin and jump right to travelator. Push box in water and travel down then right. Push boulder up into water. Travel down and collect coin, then up and left to collect bonus coin and step on white button. Then take other travelator to box, push into water, take coin and step on green button. Travel up and right. Take coins, then push red sphere right, which activates other red spheres. Travel down to take coin and bonus coin, and then walk down between red spheres. Collect coins and bonus coins. Walk up to area with bot. Step on cyan timer twice so bottom bot won't get gated. Push boulder up, mindful of electric tiles, and then push it left into water. Step on ice to right of canon, avoiding fire, then walk up and left to boulder. Take coin and push boulder right. Wait until canon blows up box, and then collect coins and push remaining box left. Tramp left and then through cyan TP. Push canon onto spikes. Collect bonus coin. Push right boulder down, and then slide up ice to travelator. Collect coins. Go through red TP and collect coin, and then take ice back down. Walk around fountain, mindful of electric tiles, and push boulder left. Take bonus coin on electric tile and coin over spikes. Then use travelator to get loose coins. Step on yellow timer so canon can blow up box. Push remaining box through green TP and into water. Collect coin. Push canon right one square, and then step on yellow timer so that canon blows up boomer. Use timer to go through yellow gate, watching out for canon fire. Push reflector down and collect bonus coins. Tramp D-L-L-R-D-U. Collect coin and go through blue TP. Tramp up to yellow button and go through yellow TP. Push sticky cube onto electric tile, then push steel box down. Push other steel box left and collect coin. Work your way through sticky cubes. Collect coin and then coin on pink button. Go through pink TP. Use travelator to collect coin. Then through grey TP to finish.
Last edited by jcvalcar2 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cathy
duncan
Rainbow Seeker

Post by duncan » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:58 pm

my texure is "snow" that is completly different from mine,as if it was a whole different texure.
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:23 pm

duncan wrote:my texure is "snow" that is completly different from mine,as if it was a whole different texure.
I'm sorry dunc, I located the problem with the files. Since there already was a "snow" texture (per Mette's list of Textures created by Fan No. 1) AND already being used by another level designer in this contest, I just assumed that you used the same one and never thought to open a folder with the same name on it.

I apologize for missing this and can post it here on this thread for others to see and use if you want, but the file name would have to be changed before I can do that.
Cathy
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:35 pm

Oh no you don't Cathy stinker!!! How dare you try and take ALL of the blame!!

This is MY fault...I insist!!! :stinkyhappy: :stinkyhappy: It was ME, ME, ME!!!

PS. (if I would've known it was a new texture, then I would've known it was a new texture. So you see, the thing is, I didn't know it was a new texture. But I do now, so if there is anything I can do to make this boo-boo better, I will do it. You just let me know.)
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:47 pm

Got them all with gold now :piratesmile:
Needed the spoiler for K and P though :roll: and played J differently :P

Now for voting...
Judging will be even hard as playing because all level makers did an excellent job. Thanks for all the fun. And thanks to Cathy and Dizzy for organizing all this :D
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:59 pm

Bitte sehr Lutz! :D
I hope I said that right! :?

It's a tough job, but someone had to do it! :lol:
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:43 am

I'm here to report I have finished 17 levels. I've needed the help here on a few but I won't say which ones cause then you would know they weren't mine...snicker...snicker.

Thought I was going to have to ask for help on several others but I finally muddled my way thru. There's one I just can't fathom even though there's a spoiler so I reckon I'm going to have to ask about it.

Everyone certainly did a bang up job and it looks like everyone went above and beyond, these are fantastic, it's going to be hard picking a winner, cause I think they are all winners.

Good luck to everyone...... :)
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:52 am

Thank you Lutz, good luck with the scores I know this is the hard part :wink:

Wow Monica you've been busy :lol:

I had another request for Level M, so here ya go :wink:

SPOILER M - THE GRINCH WHO STOLE WONDERLAND
Push the box up then both boulders right into the water then push the box into the water collect all coins then tramp to the right.

Collect bonus coin on ice then push left and right box up and middle to the right then upper middle up then right into the water hole, then both left boxes up into water and collect coin then boulder down into the three boxes then tramp up and collect the coin left of the pink button.
Don't forget the two bonus coins.

Heading to the next area push the boulder U- L- U- L follow closely so it bumps you back to the tramp.

Tramping Right then down, collect all the bonus coins then push box into the water and leave that area.

Push the to get it rolling over the timer then collect all the coins and enter the TP from below.

Wait til the boulder travelates to the left then you travelater tot he right collecting all the coins then wait til the boulder travelates to the right then travelate to the left pushing the boulder on the timer up then step to the left and up to the three boulders room.

Push the lower rock right then the upper left to the left then the upper right to the right and wait for it to return then push it up into the water hole then push the lower right to the right then into the water hole and follow.

Be careful not to get gated in the hall of gates.

Collect the coin on the blue button.

Push the right boulder R -D then the left boulder R-D so they are stacked.

Bottom goes on the blue button the upper is to blow the keg.

Collect all the coins then exit.
Cathy
duncan
Rainbow Seeker

Post by duncan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:32 pm

jcvalcar2 wrote:
duncan wrote:my texure is "snow" that is completly different from mine,as if it was a whole different texure.
I'm sorry dunc, I located the problem with the files. Since there already was a "snow" texture (per Mette's list of Textures created by Fan No. 1) AND already being used by another level designer in this contest, I just assumed that you used the same one and never thought to open a folder with the same name on it.

I apologize for missing this and can post it here on this thread for others to see and use if you want, but the file name would have to be changed before I can do that.
ok i can send my texure,but it is on my other computer at the other house.SO...DO NOT PLAY MY LEVEL UNTILL THE TEXURE IS POSTED!!!!!so you dont have to post it.
EDIT: here it is
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:57 pm

:D 8) :D Thanks for posting your texture dunc, but you really need to RENAME it so that it doesn't overwrite the existing texture. Please do this so people can have both textures to use Image

Edit: Thanks Dunc :wink: that's quite a name :shock:
I can't wait to see it in a level :D
Last edited by jcvalcar2 on Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cathy
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:56 pm

You need to rename it for example snow01 or snow02, then your going to have to open your level in the editor and change the file name in there, and resave it.

But if you resubmit the level we'll all know which one in the contest is yours. You could always make another level with your newly renamed texture and just do a regular post in the custom level forum. Just a suggestion. :)
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:33 pm

Whew...finally, I'm almost finished. I say almost because there's one that I'm still working on. There were a few that I ended up doing differently from the spoilers but at least I got them done.

I have sent my scores and my attempt at guesses. If anyone is still wondering about names for the guesses if you go back and look where this all started you can get quite a few names that said they would send in a level and a few where they had already sent them in.

I can't wait to see who did what level and who won.
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:24 pm

Just a reminder ---- the deadline is getting close so don't forget to send us your scores and guesses by tomorrow night (Saturday by midnight) :wink:

To all of you who entered the contest, thank you again,
you did
Cathy
Duiveltje
Rainbow Master

Post by Duiveltje » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:28 am

I am so sorry no votes from me, but there are 6 levels I can't play (to hard or to big) even with the solution. :cry: :cry:

Even though your are all great levelmakers. :lol: :lol: :lol: