New Level (Adv) - The Black Pyramids (pt1:The Night Museum)

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
LEMARQUIS
Rainbow Seeker

New Level (Adv) - The Black Pyramids (pt1:The Night Museum)

Post by LEMARQUIS » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:48 pm

"The saga of the Black Pyramids" is a 4 part mini series:

Part 1 (The Night Museum): Loof must find his way out of the museum in time to catch his flight to Cairo

Part 2 (The Jungle): A deadly storm causes flight 714 to crash into the sea. Loof, Stinky and Peegue luckily survive and must pass through the jungle to rescue Qookie trapped inside a sinking plane before it's too late..

Part 3 (The Desert): Loof & Stinky must survive walking through the desert and solve the mystery of the Great Pyramid.

Part 4. (The Black Pyramids): Stinky, Loof, and Qookie finally discover the treasures of the Black Pyramids but UFOs are guarding the area. Will our heroes come out alive of this exciting expedition?

So here it is... Marinus and I are proud to present part 1 : The Night Museum :)

Many many thanks to Marinus who has been a great help in testing and also narrowing down the solutions of this level. Nice working with you pal! Great team work! Your help is totally appreciated!

Good luck to all wonderlanders on their journey to the Black Pyramids!

LeMarquis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LEMARQUIS on Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:03 am, edited 7 times in total.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:48 pm

My part in this level is not as big as it seems, but I enjoyed it. Thanks!

All that I can say more is that this level is a great challenging masterpiece, like all your levels are. Thanks. :D
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:55 pm

It looks awesome with that custom ice and trampoline textures again! But I can't seem to get past the first ghost with the keg. Looks impossible.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:32 pm

This looks fabulous. I love the models, and the different texture for the trampolines. :D :D

Needless to say, I'm not getting very far. :roll:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:47 pm

I've done the upper section but the area below the teal gate remains a mystery. Nothing I tried worked so one more kick at the can and if that doesn't bring success I'll have to wait for some hints. :D
bob
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:58 pm

Missing one coin so far, but got the main glitchy move - will keep trying!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:43 pm

Got the last coin!!!

Now for the final leap, hope I have the time tomorrow.

Never saw something like this before!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:00 pm

Made it! Made it! Made it!!!

Some tricks I never saw ever before - well done!

I even managed to get it all in time and had 40 seconds left, but I really recommend increasing the clock.

Thank you!
LEMARQUIS
Rainbow Seeker

Post by LEMARQUIS » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:15 am

Congratulation Amnon!!! You boarded flight 714 in time and are on your way to Cairo!!! The adventure has just begun and will continue soon with more cool tricks to come...
LEMARQUIS
Rainbow Seeker

Post by LEMARQUIS » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:04 pm

Anyone else making progress with this??? :)
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:15 pm

Since you ask, I can't get the coin on the bottom right, my way keeps getting blocked too soon.

I'll have to look at the inital set-up again.
bob
LEMARQUIS
Rainbow Seeker

Post by LEMARQUIS » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:32 pm

Hint: ghosts can walk on water like Jesus! Lol :)
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:15 pm

That's not fair. Jesus really could walk on water. He did not need breaktiles. :lol:

But, don't worry if you can't solve the level all by yourself; neither did I. I needed help with two parts.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:22 pm

I know about the ghost/break-tile move, that doesn't solve the problem. :?
bob
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:44 pm

I can't get the coin on the bottom right, my way keeps getting blocked too soon
: Leave the pinkie of the top-area intact until you leave the bottom area, so your way to the bottom-right coin will not be blocked.
LEMARQUIS
Rainbow Seeker

Post by LEMARQUIS » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:41 am

Does anybody need help on this?

Bob, did u finally make it through?

Marinus wrote a walkthrough... Anyone interested?

Currently working on next parts... Please post and comment

Thank you,
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:51 am

Marinus did help me with some hints, but I can't do this level at all. No surprise! :lol: :lol:

A walkthrough would be nice. 8)
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:12 pm

Bob, did u finally make it through?
Nope, I need to go back to the start, haven't had a chance. I know how to solve the level with one hitch, I'm using one too many items in the first pool or I'm using the pink goobie wrong. :(
bob
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:17 pm

I'm using one too many items in the first pool or I'm using the pink goobie wrong
The only item that goes in the pool is the pink goobie, and even that, only after the journey south.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:08 am

Here is some more information:
- When a blue sphere jumps D on a TP, and Loof is standing on the other TP, stepping D at the moment the sphere comes down, Loof will be inside the sphere.

- A ghost cannot walk on water, but when it walks on a breaktile which is disappearing, it stays alive on water, waiting for a woodbox coming from the left side. But it won't survive a barrel at the left side.

- A travelator can be stopped at every place you wish, if you're following another travelator with a prism on it.

- The jump to the plane is not tricky or glitchy. Everything is clear to see, except some X-floortiles where the plane is and a few where its wings are. It's a 10 steps jump (2 to 11) and one tramp you may not expect because it's not in the same area.
When I played this level myself, I never would have solved it without the blue sphere information, and although I did find the ghost trick myself, I needed a bit help to work it out the right way.

For those people who would like the full walkthrough, it comes a little while later. :)
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:45 pm

I was obviously on the wrong track completely, I didn't realize there were so many glitches. Too many for my taste so I'll read the walkthrough when it's posted.
bob
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:53 pm

Here it is:
1. Push blue sphere R, and reflector U and 5R. Travel R. Step R on other trav, travel anticlockwise, push reflector 2D over tramp, travel U to get coin right of woodbox, and travel clockwise to bottom-right corner.

2. Push prism L (on sign) and (plasma) cube 3U and 2L (on travelator to bottom-left corner). Prism R and U. Travel L (next to cube). Jump D, push reflector L on lightblue button, and step on/off breaktile. Reflector L through TP, and step L on TP.

3. Push blue sphere U and R. Travel anticlockwise and push cube 4D on left blue TP. With lower trav, travel R. Push prism U and L on trav, to bottom-left corner. With other travelator push prism L and D.

4. With both travs, travel R, have one trav on the second water from the right and with the other one travel to left corner. Push prism 4R (one left of the vertical line where tramp is).

5. Travel R (to straight above tramp), step and travel R on other trav, and push sphere L. Then push it U and jump L on upper blue TP. At the moment the sphere comes back and jumps on the right TP, step D (inside the sphere).

6. Step R (pushing sphere L on button) and push reflector D in water. Push cube U and sphere L through TP. Cube U, 2D on TP and using breaktile, R on button. Jump D (pushing prism 2R out of the way) and push sphere D in water.

7. Push green sphere R and step D. Middle goob (pink sticky cube) L (above goob with barrel). Go L and D over breaktiles, and when ghost is bottom-left, push cube D on pink button, step RL (breaktile) and 2U on breaktile 3 above pink button.

8. Wait for ghost going to that breaktile, wait a split second, step U, wait another split second, step U again and quickly walk all the way right. (leaving the ghost where the top-left-corner breaktile was, 2 right of woodbox) Push barrel 2D and L in water.

9. When bottom-left ghost goes L, get coin, and go back on black TP. Again, when ghost goes L, push cube L where coin was, wait a split second, and just before ghost hits you, step U on black TP, and wait until ghost goes through steelbox, exploding barrel in goob-wall.

10. Go back, push remaining goob L in water on green sphere, push cube L through blue TP, and exit blue TP area. Go through lightblue TP and get coin below generator.

11. Prism 6L (left-below bottom-left water), and goob 2U, L and U in water (second from the right). With both travs, travel L, and travel anticlockwise until one trav is below coin on left icecurve, and other one below right curve.

12. Get coin, travel around, get coin 2 above middle icetile, and travel around until both travs are above each other at the left side.

13. Push prism R and 2U, follow, keep pressing the up-arrow-key, and release the arrow-key where is a waterway L. travel L and U, getting coin, Push woodbox R in flame, and travel R. Go through fakewalls to square-lightblue-button and back. Get coin on top and back D.

14. Go through lightblue TP to get coin in gate. Go to lower-left area, push box R in water and step away (ghost explodes left barrel). Get last 2 coins, push cube 2D, and go via the right side back to the main area (without touching the cube next to blue TP).

15. Go through exit gate and pink TP. Go over the second conveyor from the right and jump DLRU DDUL RD
LEMARQUIS
Rainbow Seeker

Post by LEMARQUIS » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:34 pm

Thank you so much to Marinus to provide this very well described walkthrough!

I used the boulder glitch in the 301th spartan level... some of you might have remembered it but forgot about it... actually very easy to time... once you know it! :wink:

The ghost glitch requires a little bit of practice but again very feasible. I stumbled on it while testing... I don't think anyone have ever used it that way. Allowing to put the ghost in the fridge for later use (meaning leaving it stuck on water until needed) :shock:

I actually find the transporter glitch the hardest to do for the purpose of timing which most of you are true expert at it since many level makers use it.

The interesting thing about the prism on the transporter is that only the prism will work for this puzzle, the reflector won't work. The prism on a transporter gets destroyed but the flame stays!! No other item will leave the flame intact... allowing the box to get destroyed. Again, I just found that while playing around...

Thx for playing

Stay post for the next 3 parts... :)
LEMARQUIS
Rainbow Seeker

Post by LEMARQUIS » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:14 am

Hi everybody,

My previous laptop was too bright and the level ended up too dark for most user's laptop.. I just brightened the textures and the models a bit...

For the ones who liked the level, please redownload MarquisT23 and MarquisM23B

Please stay post for Part 2 of the Saga of The Black Pyramids (The jungle) ... It's a Mega level!!! Coming soon.

Thx