New Level - Slide Rule

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

New Level - Slide Rule

Post by kiki » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:12 pm

Have fun! :)

KIKI1003
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keeks
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:23 pm

Great level! Thanks. :D
wonderland01
Rainbow Master

Post by wonderland01 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:23 pm

I can get the light blue and red button held down. How do I keep the green gate open so I can get the two coins by the conveyers? :?
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:33 pm

PM sent. :)
Keeks
wonderland01
Rainbow Master

Post by wonderland01 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:25 am

After Many restarts and some help, Loof came away with his gold star.

Thanks for the fun! :D
Last edited by wonderland01 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:31 pm

Great level, but there's an element of chance. Most times Loof managed to beat his ghost.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:42 pm

That ghost caused me some headaches until I was able to ice-cube him! :D

I have a feeling I may not have done this as intended :( maybe later you could throw out a walkthrough?

Good fun nonetheless, thanks Keeks!
bob
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:59 pm

After reading your comments, Amnon and Bob, I got the idea I must have missed a possibility when testing this level. And indeed; thanks to Bob's ice-cubing the ghost, I found one. Apparently, after playing a few hundred of your levels Kiki, your style of level creating has become familiar, that I automatic play your intended way most times, and overlook the alternative. :shock: :lol:

Here is the screenshot I made when testing, pretty sure the intended way: http://lh6.ggpht.com/_zcDJHZze4SQ/TGW9D ... ki1003.jpg
(For some reason it seemed obvious to me that the barrels with explosive stuff, were meant to explode. Therefore I didn't search for another use.)
And here is one, after ice-cubing the ghost, which had some element of chance: http://lh3.ggpht.com/_zcDJHZze4SQ/TGb6O ... 003alt.jpg (Does this look like the way you played, Amnon and Bob?)

And actually I think both ways are challenging, not knowing which one is harder. :)
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:55 pm

Good looking out gents.
:) :lol:
Keeks
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:25 am

I too was ice-cubing the ghost. It seems I've taken the easy way out and I'm yet to work out how it was possible to complete without moving the ice-cube around.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:04 am

Hurray, I just managed to make it the intended way (using a nasty glitch). Definitely harder. Thanks!
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:48 pm

I'm totally confused about this one. :oops: :?

I have no idea how to keep the green gates open.
I can get to the chomper area using the wooden box as a blocker.
Once I managed to get the boulder onto the pink button, but only after sacrificing too much stuff.
I have no idea how you got one barrel right and the other one left Marinus without losing the plasma cube.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:25 pm

I have no idea how to keep the green gates open.
A boulder must be rolling up and down over the timer. In one version the boulder is stopped on the bottom side by the coin on the ice, in the other version, it is stopped by the ice-cube.

To use both barrels you need to kill the ghost with the ice-cube. It takes some practice and doesn't always work. It is optional.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:47 pm

Ah-ha! That glitch! Totally forgot about that move but when I read Amnon's hint the light came back on. I actually found the level much easier using the glitch, the way I did it takes about three hours! :lol: :lol:

Great stuff Keeks! :D
bob
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:50 pm

Liz Mayhew wrote:I have no idea how you got one barrel right and the other one left Marinus without losing the plasma cube.
It's just as Amnon says: It's optional, and in fact an unintended way, which I missed when I tested the level.

The intended way is by using a glitch. About the same glitch I saw the first time in one of your levels: http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... stery+moor :)
wonderland01
Rainbow Master

Post by wonderland01 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:40 pm

I used the glitch to keep the switch open and the plasma cube to hold down the light blue button. That was the official way anyway, I think.... :wink:
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:04 pm

Finally I made it! :D :D
I can't believe that I forgot all about a glitch I'd used myself! That's old age for you! :oops: :lol:

I ended up with 1 barrel in the water to the yellow TP, red button covered with wood box, steel box for jump, then boulder stopper and finally to cover the light blue button.

I don't know how the rest of you managed to exit from the chomper room without pushing the plasma cube in the water because I never did get both of those water holes filled.

So thanks Keeks, for another mind bender. And thanks Marinus and Bob for the help! :D :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
arvis36
Rainbow Seeker

Re: New Level - Slide Rule

Post by arvis36 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:28 pm

Good Level! :D
I have a youtube channel that I made with Loofboy333! If you want you can go check it out! :)
Rialo555 is the name!
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:58 pm

Liz Mayhew wrote:I ended up with 1 barrel in the water ......

.... I don't know how the rest of you managed to exit from the chomper room without pushing the plasma cube in the water ....
Since you used a barrel in the water, the 2-way conveyor pointed in the wrong direction (to the right, so you pushed the cube in the water). If you would have let both barrels exploding by the ghost, the conveyor was still pointing left, so you could exit the chomper area without pushing the cube in the water.

See the picture (same link as the first one in my other post, which shows the intended way) No barrel. Pushing barrels (or only one barrel) into the water was just an unintended way.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_zcDJHZze4SQ/TGW9D ... ki1003.jpg
Edit:

Sorry I caused some confusion, posting two screenshots, so to make everything clear .....
1. Run to bottom-right corner and push box in water before gate closes.

2. When ghost is on top, push plasmacube R on lightblue button, and stand below boulder. As soon as ghost goes D through coin, push boulder U.

(boulder should roll through coin, activating green timer, 2-way conveyor points left, and no ghosts or barrels remaining)

3. Woodbox in water on the way to yellow TP. Using bottom tramp, jump LL on conveyor (pushing other woodbox where breaktile was). Get coins on top without walking too much on the edge; it's dangerous there.

4. Activate conveyortimer, and quickly push steelbox D, jump R, step L before steelbox jumps. Push steel to 2 below lightblue button (as jumpstopper with coin)

5. Go through yellow TP, jump UDRU, and quickly walk around the tree and out of chomper area.

6. Steel on lower tile straight below rolling boulder, and get coins. When green gate is close, push boulder RU to pink button. Steel on red button.

7. Get coin at the right side having a little patience with the yellow gate, get bonuscoins and exit.
:)
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:44 am

The intended way was much easier than mine! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for all your help Marinus. :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:16 am

Thanks for your continued support and help Marinus, its so appreciated. :) :) :)
Keeks