New Level (adv) - Stinky's Metal Jacket

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

New Level (adv) - Stinky's Metal Jacket

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:18 am

This is one I've been trying to finish for a while now, so I've decided to fit it into the Professor Peegue series that I'll be continuing with. My last level, Cooling the Volcano, shows what Peegue had been doing whilst Stinky was trying to find him.

I think it may be tricky, but I really don't know. Have fun anyway! :D :D

I'm using my new LizMetal texture which I've been using in the KidsLevels. Here it is if you haven't got it:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:16 am

Quite a hard one - and very beautiful - well done!

(Stinky did not use one of the metal boxes)
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:48 am

Hmmm ... you're always a master of the alternative solutions Amnon :D
I'd like to know which steel box wasn't used. 8)
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:17 am

I'd like to know which steel box wasn't used
The metal box just above the water-hole that is above the blue TP.
leenallrad
Gold Wonderlander

Still can't figure out

Post by leenallrad » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:47 pm

Sure could you some help been too long on this one.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:17 pm

Great level! Thanks! :D Also hard. I guess I played it the same was as Amnon, for I didn't use that one box either, as also the tramp on top.

Leen, since Liz told me, she is a few days away until Monday, here's in short how I played it:
1. 4 boxes in 2 waterholes. Boulder on green. Box U over URD conveyors. Boulder on white. Boulder from green to yellow. Get bonus.

2. Use top-left box to jump DDD. 2 boxes fill water, and one on blue button. Get bonus. 3 boxes (including the one used as jumpstopper) below upper green TP as blocker.

3. Blue sphere U to roll over conveyortimer (Stinky activates green). Box blocks upper blue TP.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:23 pm

I go away on vacation and the first level I try is this stinker! :lol:

I had to spend a lot of time experimenting before I finally got the timer working and made it out alive. :D

Fun one Liz, thanks!
bob
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:27 am

Glad you managed it Bob! I was away on holiday too and got a nasty flu bug so I'm not feeling up to designing levels for a few days.

Marinus, thanks for the help with this one. It is a bit of a stinker.
For those who need it, here's a full walkthrough of this level:

507LIZM –Stinky’s Metal Jacket
WALKTHROUGH
1. Slide D, one box D, one L in water. Push one U and step on green button. One box L, one D. Push boulder L and step U across ice. When green gate opens, push box U round conveyors, but don’t follow. Then go L through green TP to slide along ice and push boulder onto white button. Ride the raft D and push boulder D, standing on green button until it’s gone over the tramp. Walk down and get bonus coin, then U across ice patch and round conveyors to push steel box D through green TP and into the top water.
2. Ride the raft U, step on the timer, ride D, walk L across stopped conveyor. Slide U round ice curve and tramp L. Leave coin on tramp. Slide U and over tramp to push box D to act as a blocker. Leave coin above blue button.
3. Tramp D, D, D to end up inside boxes. Slide up and tramp D, D, D to push box in water. Repeat to complete bridge. Push next box R in water. Go up and push the blue sphere D, stepping R to push that box D in water. Go D through blue TP and back again to push sphere onto blue button.
4. Go through open blue gate and tramp up to get coin and bonus. Return through black TP to end up at top blue TP. Tramp D to push box R. Follow and push box U in water below green TP. Go L over top tramp to get coin above blue sphere. Push blue sphere D, standing on blue button until the sphere goes through the green TP. Tramp and slide round to the conveyor by the green gate. Cross the conveyor and wait for the sphere to pass going upwards. Go D through the green TP and step D, R, D onto bridge tile next to the box.
5. We now have to get that sphere to activate the conveyor timer top right. As soon as the sphere passes U through the green TP, push the box L and U below the TP. This diverts the sphere to roll R along ice. As soon as the sphere rolls over the conveyors, follow and walk R to green button, but don’t step on it yet. Wait until you see the sphere go D through the lower green TP, then step on the button. As soon as the sphere goes through the green gate at the top, step L off the button, so the sphere is trapped rolling over the timer.
6. Slide and jump back to the top blue TP and through it. Push the last steel box R through the blue TP to block it. Cross R and push the boulder U, stepping R out of the way. EXIT.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Hi Liz
Jacket completed! :D
Thanks for the tricky level.
doodlebug
Rainbow Master

Stinky's Metal Jacket

Post by doodlebug » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:34 pm

I finally had time to finish this one but I had to use Marinus tips to get it. It was another fun one. Thanks

Annie
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:49 am

Finally got er done Liz.
Getting the conveyor timer going held me up for ever, brilliant fun.
Thanks and I hope your feeling better. :)
Keeks