New Level (Adv) -- Rooms of Confusion

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

New Level (Adv) -- Rooms of Confusion

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:59 am

A small amount of movable objects within a very weird design.

Uses the awesome "cyber" texture by Technos72, which you can download HERE.

Both bridgetiles are 2-step.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:05 pm

Gosh, this one's hard.

I've managed to figure out how to roll the blue boulders around a bit. I've gotten to the point where I can destroy the box up top and roll the left blue boulder onto the transporter. I'm assuming I have to push the right boulder up, but it blocks my path with my current setup, and I can only push it down.

There better not be any secret "empty" step tiles on this level!! :twisted:
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

I'm not sure if I'm farther than Theo on this or not. The green button is covered as is the blue but the metal box is now in my way and I can't see how to eliminate it. :?

I'll come back to it later.
bob
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:52 pm

I know the metal box will be a roadblock for me, too. I see no way to destroy it other than to get the barrel over there and close it in the green gate. But that's impossible because once I push the barrel over, I have no other way to get to the island. >_< If I could push the metal box down once space and get it next to the mushroom, that would be great, but there's a coin in the way. :(
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:25 pm

A step further, I get to the pirate-hijack move, but then still, no way to the metal box.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:06 am

Sorry for leaving you all with no reactions or hints from me whatsoever -- my Internet went kaput yesterday while there were still no replies. It only got repaired right now.
TheoX wrote:There better not be any secret "empty" step tiles on this level!!
There aren't any. This level is as open as open gets. You can check it out in the editor, if you wish, there's nothing hidden.
Amnon wrote:A step further, I get to the pirate-hijack move, but then still, no way to the metal box.
If you mean what I think you mean with "pirate-hijack": take a good good look at what remains in the level and think creatively. Out of all... options that open up, which is the ONLY one that allows you to do something truly new?
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:08 am

I made it!!!

For a while I thought this is unsolvable - but I must admit that it is!

The pirate-hijack move was the key, but I didn't see the followup move before - now I did.

What a confusing level - great indeed!
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:53 pm

I don't think I'm familiar with the term "pirate-hijack". :?

Maybe if I knew what it meant I could possibly solve this...I hope.
bob
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:13 pm

OK, so I've tried to come up with a decent non-spoilery hint, which is always a problem with "trick" puzzles like this one and I believe I've figured out a fairly decent clue:

Why is the mushroom there?

Think about it. The level doesn't really "change" if you replace it with just a void tile. It could potentially be for decoration, but it's the only mushroom in the whole level and its placement is ugly and strange. So, what is its purpose? What's the point behind the mushroom's existence?

Is there something that wouldn't be possible without it, making the level unsolvable? Is there something that WOULD be possible without it, making the level too easy? Note that only one of these questions is "truthful" and leads to the right answer.

Once you figure out the mushroom's purpose, you should understand what Amnon means with "pirate-hijack". After you do the move, think creatively about the layout in order to leave.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:27 pm

Ohh...that "pirate-hijack" move! :lol:

Once I figured out what the 'move' was I couldn't see how to initiate it so that what I needed would stop at the right place until I realized I had taken something I didn't need to earlier in the level. :roll:

Amazing stuff Muzo, my thanks.
Last edited by bob roest on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
bob
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:07 pm

I figured out what can only be the "pirate hijack" move! I still don't know what object to hijack though... so far I've only gotten it to work with a wooden box. I believe I'm still confused about the order to do things in this level. The blue spheres part alone is really difficult for me. :lol:

EDIT: Also doesn't a barrel explode on an "empty" space?
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:30 pm

EDIT: Also doesn't a barrel explode on an "empty" space?
It does, but if you imagine the "thing" in its final position, you'll figure out why that space is not empty. You know, shortcut prevention and all that. There's one more move needed to truly end the level.

(Also, I'd love to know how did you make it work with a wooden box... I'm confused)
EDIT: Wait, no, I figured out how you made it work with a wooden box, I didn't realize the timing works out for that. Yeah, it's possible, but it won't help you solve the level.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:55 pm

Yes, I also tried with the wooden box - it was beautiful, but then I had insufficient objects to complete the level.
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:50 am

So I'm guessing I have to hijack the blue boulder #1 because it is the only other object I can get onto the transporter... but I have no idea how to get it to do that. I can put it on the transporter, but pushing boulder 2 down does not make boulder 1 go down. I would stop it on the red gate and then push it back up, but that requires pushing it to the left first, moving boulder 1 into a dead space. Also, I would need one more break tile for that.

Please give me more information, this puzzle is way too obscure for me! :lol:

EDIT: More info about what I've been trying... Right when I start the level I push the wooden box down, jump down on the left tramp, grab the coin, walk up over break tile #1, bounce down on the right tramp stepping on break tile #2, and push the wooden box to the yellow button. I proceed to cover red button, then bring the box that was on the yellow button to the water at the top, eliminating break tile #1. I figured I need to destroy the box up top with boulder #2, so I've been doing that. But the only sequence of moves that completes this objective gets me into the quandary I described in the post originally.
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:53 am

I would stop it on the red gate and then push it back up, but that requires pushing it to the left first, moving boulder 1 into a dead space.
Well... not if something is blocking its leftward path!
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:57 am

Amnon wrote:Well... not if something is blocking its leftward path!
The boulder #1 doesn't seem to be in a useful position if it sits anywhere not aligned with the ice curve... I think I'm still overlooking some important piece of this puzzle. :?
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:59 am

The boulder #1 doesn't seem to be in a useful position if it sits anywhere not aligned with the ice curve...
It should sit Right at the bottom of the level (same row as the red button), below the transporter, which is below the ice-curve.
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:26 am

Amnon wrote:It should sit Right at the bottom of the level (same row as the red button), below the transporter, which is below the ice-curve.
Interesting. Now I can get boulder #2 over to the left side, and pushing it up (to the blue button) moves boulder 1 back upward. Now I have another problem: I can hijack the transporter by destroying boulder #1, but there's nothing covering the green button. On the other hand, I can let it go up to the green button, but then there's nothing to hijack the transporter with. I seem to be missing an object... thanks Amnon for helping me through this though! I knew I wouldn't be able to solve it if it was hard for you. :lol:
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:33 am

Wait... I don't NEED to cover the green button! :shock:

be right back...

EDIT: I did it!! :D :D :D Muzo, that might be the hardest 14x14 I have ever played. I didn't expect it going in, but.. wowzers. :shock: I wonder how you thought it up...
Last edited by TheoX on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:36 am

TheoX wrote:Wait... I don't NEED to cover the green button!
That was my AH-HAA moment as well. :lol: :lol:
bob
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:21 pm

Come on, guys, it's only been a few days and you're already spilling big secrets out in the open. :lol:
I wonder how you thought it up...
I'll send you a PM about that. :wink:
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:45 pm

bob roest wrote:That was my AH-HAA moment as well. :lol: :lol:
We think alike! It also made me realize that I should have been ignoring the timers the whole time. I've used them as misdirection in a lot of my levels ("Tile Trix" is one I recall), so I should have thought of it sooner. :roll:

By the way, thanks for the PM while we were both solving the level, Bob. It pushed me further in the right direction, though I still got stuck.
Muzozavr wrote:Come on, guys, it's only been a few days and you're already spilling big secrets out in the open. :lol:
I think that anyone who hasn't commented on this thread yet probably needs all the help they can get! :lol:

I'll spoiler-proof some of my text anyway. :wink:
Last edited by TheoX on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Mark
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Mark » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:15 am

:shock:   T R U L Y  A M A Z I N G  !!! :shock:
Muz, You have outdone yourself!  8)

I'm sorry I didn't get around to playing this until tonight.
But it was worth the wait.    Simply A W E S O M E !!! :)
That "new" move was spectacular! :D
One of your all-time best puzzles!
Chock full of tricky ingenious moves in a small open area.
Everything is fair play all the way!

I'm so happy you're back to creating new levels. 8)
BTW, I collected everything except for one clock. :wink:
Mark
doodlebug
Rainbow Master

Rooms of Confusion

Post by doodlebug » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:09 pm

I hope there will be a walk through or video solution for this because I am way confused with it. Even my husband who is smarter than me can't get it.

Thanks

Annie
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Re: Rooms of Confusion

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:17 pm

doodlebug wrote:I hope there will be a walk through or video solution for this because I am way confused with it. Even my husband who is smarter than me can't get it.

Thanks

Annie
PM sent.
doodlebug
Rainbow Master

Rooms of Confusion

Post by doodlebug » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:29 pm

Thanks for the video. We would of never figured that one out. It was a good one.

Annie