RTW level highlights since November 2009?

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

RTW level highlights since November 2009?

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:35 am

Hi everybody,

So, I usually don't post in this subforum, but as some of you may know, I'm keeping a list of WA creations to possibly be featured in the next Midnight Post. But, as cloudrac3r brought up, what about RTW levels? There hasn't been a community spotlight since November 2009, so I'm sure there's quite a bit, although I admittedly haven't been playing too many levels on this side of the forum. Any thoughts for levels that could be added to the list? Just wondering. :) (Cloudrac3r had suggested Jordan32/Mark's "Bowling For Boxes.", so I guess we're off to a good start, but hey, there are many more 8).)

EDIT: Below are more of the provided suggestions.

Levels

Loof's Jumping Classes by Aryan101
Robots by Aryan101
Bowling for Boxes by Jordan32 (aka Mark)
AREA-51 by LEMARQUIS, Mark, and Muzozavr
Gotham City by LEMARQUIS and Muzozavr
La La Land by Mark
Master of the Game by Mark (Though Muzozavr has warned that this level contains a quirk that may be unfair to newcomers.)
Robots Redux by Muzozavr (Based on Aryan101's "Robots", which is earlier in the list.)
Rooms of Confusion by Muzozavr
Deceptively Deceptive by Muzozavr
Extreme Sports by yuenlungwong

Level Series

The Black Pyramids series by LEMARQUIS (Aryan101 suggested the 2nd one specifically but I thought I'd provide all four to make life easier: 1 2 3 4.)
Bearers of the Onion Rings by Chip (See his post below for the levels.)
The Troll Level Challenge hosted by cloudrac3r

Before November 2009

Snow Garden and its later edition Genesis by brentnor (aka Mark)
Thrick or Threat! by LEMARQUIS and Muzozavr
The Blue Paradox by Mark
Wonderland Sudoku by Mark
A Touch of Hemlock by Mark
Wonderfull Wonderland by Mark
The Quick-Change Artist by Mark
Modus Operandi by Mark
On the Blink by Mark
The Gardener by Muzozavr
Cave Walk by Muzozavr
Complications by Muzozavr
Last edited by Wonderland King on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:25 am, edited 10 times in total.
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

RTW level highlights

Post by Lazy Loof » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:03 pm

Bumping this topic so it can be used for level highlights.

Well, the level I liked the most is Lemarquis's Black Pyramids 2 (sorry, I don't remember its correct title, but that's all I remember), which had great visuals. Well, all of his/her levels are visually attractive and with elegant puzzle designs.
For very hard challanges, Muzo's level "Robots Redux".
For something that seems impossible (but is actually possible): "Extreme Sports" by yuenlungwong.

There are also some more levels that should be suggested, but that's all right now. :D
Previously known as Aryan101
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Re: RTW level highlights since November 2009?

Post by cloudrac3r » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:54 pm

Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:02 pm

Some level makers have A LOT of good stuff: Mark is my favorite (Amadeus!, Mark, brentnor, Jordan32 and a few other usernames are all him), kiki has some fantastic boulder puzzles, Chip is great (although I haven't solved that much of him), etc...

But honestly, my list would be mostly just a lot of Mark. "The Blue Paradox", "Wonderland Sudoku", "A Touch of Hemlock", "Wonderfull Wonderland", "The Quick-Change Artist", "Modus Operandi", "La-La Land", and so on... "Master of the Game" is brilliant, but one part relies on a quirk, so not fair for newcomers, unfortunately. "On the Blink" will get people asking "how can I make such a button in the level editor", but that might be worth it for the hilarity factor. The "Snow Garden" (brentnor) / "Genesis" (Mark) pair of levels is great, too.

Chip designs his levels in themed series, so taking one themed series in its entirety might be a good solution.

LeMarquis does super difficult levels, often with lots of great-looking custom textures and models. His visuals are always great. His Black Pyramids series is great and he also did a few collaborations with other people (me, anssur, Mark and a few others) like "Thrick or Threat!", "Gotham City" and "Area-51".

If I'm allowed to toot my own horn, "The Gardener" and "Cave Walk" are nicely manageable levels, the latter feels more like a classic puzzle. "Complications" and "Rooms of Confusion" are two very hard ones and "Deceptively Deceptive" might be worth including from a "someone was actually insane enough to design that in the first place" perspective. The transporter bits are also not fair for newcomers, though...

Actually, do you think there should be a separate set of tutorials designed for things that exist in community-made levels, but not in the official game? That could be a decent solution to include some levels that aren't fair for newcomers, but are too good to pass up...
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:56 pm

Added them all. Such a tutorial may be nice, but I don't play RTW as much as WA and so I'm not 100% sure what kind of things it would have.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:16 pm

Yea, I don't know if a tutorial is possible. I suppose one could mark very "tricksy" levels as such, and limit the exposure of them (since they'd be unplayable to most newcomers).
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:02 pm

Muzozavr wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:02 pm
Actually, do you think there should be a separate set of tutorials designed for things that exist in community-made levels, but not in the official game? That could be a decent solution to include some levels that aren't fair for newcomers, but are too good to pass up...
I really like this idea. I don't know that many tricks, but I think collecting some known ones either into level files or just a forum topic would be an excellent idea.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:14 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:16 pm
Yea, I don't know if a tutorial is possible. I suppose one could mark very "tricksy" levels as such, and limit the exposure of them (since they'd be unplayable to most newcomers).
I personally don't see the problem - maybe someone more familiar with the tricks could make one?
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:30 am

Now let me suggest some of my levels:
-Loof's Jumping Classes is confusing and challenging level, because there's a lot of invisible trampolines and hidden surprises. I loved this level a lot because of the play/dance of the Kaboom!s. :stinkylol:
-Robots is also challenging one (especially for new comers), though it's broken now.
Previously known as Aryan101
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:34 pm

Muzozavr wrote:Chip designs his levels in themed series, so taking one themed series in its entirety might be a good solution.
I just realized this one hasn't been followed up on. Any ideas?
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:41 pm

Hi King

The series "Bearers Of The Onion Rings" would be a good choice. It tells a self-contained story and features some challenging levels, but neither too tricksy moves nor the knowledge of glitches are required. A folder with the levels is attached.

Thanks for your work and best regards,
Chip.
Bearers.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
>Link to my level list
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯