New Level - La La Land *

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Mark
Rainbow MegaStar

New Level - La La Land *

Post by Mark » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:04 am

Loof is trapped in La La Land.
Help him wake up!  :shock:

Enjoy!

MARK355

Thanks to Virtlands for this aerial photo!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mark on Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mark
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:31 am

Wonderful! Great to see you back, Mark!
ppahr
Silver Wonderlander

Post by ppahr » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:36 pm

great to see you back
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:17 am

I haven't been playing much RTW lately, but welcome back! :)
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:20 am

Welcome back, my friend...

...to the show that never ends. :D
And thanks for the great level.
>Link to my level list
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Mark
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Mark » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:25 am

Thank you everyone for welcoming me back. :D
Though I'm not sure how long I will be around.
I've been busy playing other games on Steam. :oops:

I was playing "Rainbow Hero" yesterday, a Steam game very similar to Wonderland.
It was this particular game that inspired me to open the editor after eight months. :lol:

"La La Land" was taken from my favorite movie about the town where I live.

For anyone having difficulty with the level, I will post a video solution in a few days.
Mark
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:39 pm

Hi Mark

Wonderful to see a new level from the Master of Mini-Enigmas.
Needless to say I haven't solved it yet, but it's fun to try.

8) :D 8)
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Mark
Rainbow MegaStar

Video Solution for "La La Land"

Post by Mark » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:00 am

Mark
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:51 am

Totally mind-boggling!
What a marvellous and intricate level.
I'd never have been able to solve this by myself. 8) 8)
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:39 pm

Amazing level, thanks, Mark! I almost don't have the time to play anymore, but I'm glad I played this. Very inventive level, very tricky!

I've done some things quite differently because I found one timing move that wasn't intended (sent a PM about that) but it didn't make the rest of the puzzle much easier. It was different and I like the intended solution more because it's more elegant, but I wouldn't say mine was easier. Even after that timing move allowed me to do something I wasn't supposed to, the level turned out to be impossible to trivialize. There IS a somewhat different alternative solution, but you can't make the level significantly easier than it is. You can bend the level's internal logic somewhat, but you can't break it.

After many failed tries, I was close to doing this level successfully, then my timer ran out. :lol: One try later, I got stumped by the shadow stinker. One more try and I finally exited successfully.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

8)

Post by TheoX » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:25 pm

Hi! I dropped in to play a level or two and was delighted by this level in a classic theme from Mark: simple looking, but much more complex under the surface. Figuring out the goals in this level was easy, but getting TO those goals was not. I used the transporters in a very strange way and got to the end past the shadow stinker with only 3 seconds left. Like Muzo said though, I think I didn't do anything that wasn't intended (just transporter swapped around the arena, which turned out to be unnecessary when I watched the solution).

Thanks for this great brain strainer! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:56 am

This looks pretty much like the end result of my solution. Transporter-swapping aside, did you also use a quick timing move with the transporters to push a certain reflector in a different direction? Would be interesting if you really did it the same way I did, TheoX. :wink:
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:25 am

I also did it differently, but these are just details, the principles are the same.
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:02 am

Muzozavr wrote:did you also use a quick timing move with the transporters to push a certain reflector in a different direction? Would be interesting if you really did it the same way I did, TheoX. :wink:
I can't say I remember any quick timing on a reflector push. I did however use quick timing to collide two mid-air transporters, and to dodge fireballs when transporter-swapping. My solution seemed horribly inefficient after watching the video :lol:
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:28 am

TheoX wrote:I did however use quick timing to collide two mid-air transporters, and to dodge fireballs when transporter-swapping.
That's what I meant, I was just trying to be less open about it. :lol: I couldn't figure out how to get the top reflector unstuck after pushing it to the left. Colliding two mid-air transporters allowed me to push it to the right, instead, avoiding a whole bunch of trickery.

But then, as you say, I needed a whole bunch of other trickery with transporter-swapping. And dodging fireballs, yes.