New Level (Advanced) - Game of Glaciers

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

New Level (Advanced) - Game of Glaciers

Post by Tech Warrior » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:42 am

Welcome to the Game of Glaciers... and no, it was not created by an overzealous gambler from Crystal City. :P

This was originally a level planned for World 9 of the "Quest for the Five Elements" series, but long ago I decided to remove it because I didn't think it fit the style of the other levels in that world. Nonetheless, I still think it's a cool puzzle worth sharing, so here it is! Consider it my first release independent of a major level pack. :)

You'll need the 'mtncave' texture included in the ZIP, which you'll already have if you downloaded QFE.

Difficulty? Hard to say - there might be loopholes I didn't catch (but I don't think so). It should keep you busy for a bit - the intended solution is a crafty game indeed.

Video solution HERE.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quest for the Five Elements - a 195-level RTW expansion pack
I am also known as Joey_San on Discord.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: New Level (Advanced) - Game of Glaciers

Post by Amnon » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:12 pm

This is insane - it took me the whole day, but I did it!

Thanks!!!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:13 pm

Oh and one more thing - if you are going to play this you better have some music in the background for the long waits!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:24 pm

Thanks for playing Amnon! And about those waits - yes a good music choice is a great idea. Perhaps patience provides the time needed to consider one's next moves, so we will say.

I will post my solution maybe in a week or so. There should be a few other levels releasing this week that I'm digging up from the old archive of boards that never made it to the series. :)
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:03 pm

I may not be as efficient as Jutomi when it comes to uploading level solutions, but hey - maybe it's not so bad if I only release one level per year! :)

Solution for "Game of Glaciers" is available HERE.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:17 pm

Boy am I glad I didn't try tackling this one myself :shock: absolutely terrifying solution... :lol:

Many thanks for the shoutout btw :lol: don't worry, afaic this is still superior quality to over half of my own videos :rofl: Just glad to see other folks sharing their brilliant solutions with those of us who can't solve the levels ourselves :)

Great video and an interesting level concept; many thanks :mrgreen:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:17 pm

Jutomi wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:17 pm
Boy am I glad I didn't try tackling this one myself :shock: absolutely terrifying solution... :lol:

Many thanks for the shoutout btw :lol: don't worry, afaic this is still superior quality to over half of my own videos :rofl: Just glad to see other folks sharing their brilliant solutions with those of us who can't solve the levels ourselves :)

Great video and an interesting level concept; many thanks :mrgreen:
Thanks! I have a tendency to make brutally difficult puzzles, and then to not record their solutions. We'll see how that goes in the future... I'm getting into the habit of recording solutions directly after playtesting a level so that there is no chance of me forgetting it!!

Now if I could just upload the other 150+ solutions that I have yet to record... that would really be a necessary endeavor... (one of these days)