New Level- Exit?

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

New Level- Exit?

Post by janetgalle » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:16 am

Hi all,

I was working on this one for an idjit entry, but went with the other one.

Something odd happens sometime, when (if) you make a certain mistake and can't finish. :roll:
Let me know if it happens to you.

jg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:30 am

***POSSIBLE SPOILER***

I assume you are talking about which Green teleporter you choose to block with boxes. (not sure though :? :? )

I got lucky and went the right way first time. I then re-entered the level and tried the other way and got locked in. Was it that you meant?

~OB
Where is everyone thesedays? PM me and say hello.
jperleevt
Rainbow Master

Post by jperleevt » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:48 am

I saw nothing odd?? Now you have me courious.

Jen
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

possible spoiler...

Post by janetgalle » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:02 am

Hey OB,
You are just too good!!!

**********Possible Spoiler*************

See what happens if you move the 5th box directly onto the right teleporter, and then try to exit to the left. Then put the 6th box directly behind the 5th, try to exit. I just thougt it was odd that it does what it does.

jg
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:30 pm

The first time I played I pushed 4 boxes down the right teleporter, when I pushed 5th box down it came out of the left teleporter so I pushed it back down and it came out of the right one. I then pushed the last box in front of that one and was able to exit.

BUT! When I tried it again the 5th box wouldn't go down the right teleporter so I pushed the last box in front of it and when I tried to exit I came up between the two boxes and kept going round in circles!?

What I want to know is why it behaved differently the 2nd time when I did everything the same as the 1st time?? :roll: :!: :?:
BINA
Rainbow Seeker

Post by BINA » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:44 pm

And I can't get to the exit no matter what I do - I've tried everything, but always ends up inside 1 or 2 boxes

This really is odd.....
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Re: possible spoiler...

Post by Bearsland » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:46 pm

janetgalle wrote:Hey OB,
You are just too good!!!
I try my best. :D :D

Actually, I ignored all the other boxes and just used 2. I remembered the rule that says blocking a teleporter can be done with 1 metal box, or 2 wooden boxes. So I just figured, block the right teleporter and stroll over the left.

Only after I read your post did I mess about with the boxes to see what you were talking about.

~OB
Carolyn
Rainbow Master

Post by Carolyn » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:50 pm

hi janet...

I went thru it correctly the first time... then tried it again to see if I could get trapped... and I did... shoved the one box thru the wrong teleporter and got trapped... :oops: :oops: ... Nice level tho... :D :D
carolyn
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:55 pm

Fun level jg, I am having problems getting through also. :oops:

Off to try again. :roll:

M.A.D. :lol:
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:08 pm

Hi all,

OB said it best. You really only need two boxes to exit. But is much more fun to shove the others through!!!

****************SPOILER*********************

In order to exit push the first 4 boxes thru the top right teleporter. The 5th box is to be positioned in the spot directly in front of the teleporter, not on it. And the sixth box has to be placed behind the 5th. Then you can exit.....stage left!

The strange things seem to happen when you put the 5th box directly on the right teleporter, it won't go through but Stinky can pass through it from the left teleporter. Even after you place the 6th box Stinky will pass through the first and push the second away. And of course you won't be able to exit.

Odd.....but fun...I hope!

jg

Find the levels marked game play elements. They can teach you about the hows and whys that some of these Wonderland things work.
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Re: possible spoiler...

Post by LinkyNStoof » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:22 pm

Bearsland wrote:I remembered the rule that says blocking a teleporter can be done with 1 metal box, or 2 wooden boxes.
Where did you get that rule from? :? I don't recall that using a metal box instead of a wooden box ever has any special effect as far as teleporting is concerned, but then again I haven't played much lately... :wink:
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:33 pm

Oops! My mistake. :oops:

I meant 2 metal boxes, or 2 wooden boxes.

Note to self: 'Put brain in gear before engaging fingers'. :D :D

Now you see why I don't make levels. :P

~OB
DiscGolfer
Rainbow Wizard

Post by DiscGolfer » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:39 am

Bearsland wrote: Note to self: 'Put brain in gear before engaging fingers'. :D :D

Now you see why I don't make levels. :P
And why I don't play levels :lol: :lol:

I did get this one however. I'll have to go back and try if for "the effect". :D