Diversion Tactics II: Lingering Reflections

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:14 am

Ok, smashed the box.

THEN WHAT :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

I can`t get the coins??? If I use the boulder to get in, I can`t get out, and the boulder can`t be used on the button. And that :twisted: ufo can shoot in both directions. :roll: :roll:

Inger
:lol: :lol:
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:59 pm

That is the part where the name of the level (and my original concept behind the whole level), "Diversionary Tactics", come in.

This whole level, in the original version I made, was inspired by a question: if both Stinky and Loof lined up with a UFO at the same time in different directions, what does the UFO do? Shoot one of them? Both of them?

As the sign post in that level revealed, when that happens, the UFO shoots at Stinky and Stinky only.

So here's the trick: bring Stinky to Loof's starting platform, and have Stinky carry along something that he can stand behind of, a "shield" so to speak. Then have Stinky lined up with the UFO and behind his shield. Now the UFO will be busy firing down at Stinky and completely forgotten about Loof, so you can now have Loof sneak in to get the bonus coins.
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:21 am

that sort of works for me, except the UFO still shoots at Loof, just at a slower rate, which still allows Loof to get the bonus coins :wink:
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:14 am

Ok, thanks linkynstoof, but how di I bring Stinky over at Loofs??? Maybe I`m just plain stupid, but this one sort of itch. I feel now that I HAVE to make it, or I would`nt be able to sleep :roll: :roll:

Thanks for helping out..

Inger
:lol: :lol:
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:30 am

TheoX wrote:that sort of works for me, except the UFO still shoots at Loof, just at a slower rate, which still allows Loof to get the bonus coins :wink:
??? With the correct setup the UFO shouldn't shoot at Loof at all, at least not on my computer. But whatever, as long as you finished the level. :wink:

This is the setup I have in mind:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:03 am

Salin wrote:Ok, thanks linkynstoof, but how di I bring Stinky over at Loofs??? Maybe I`m just plain stupid, but this one sort of itch. I feel now that I HAVE to make it, or I would`nt be able to sleep :roll: :roll:
At the beginning, you need to have Loof bring 2 of the 3 wooden boxes over to the other side and fill in the water (the other box get destroyed by the UFO), so Stinky can later get into that teleport and then into Loof's starting platform.

A
XB
C

X is the teleport and A,B,C are the wooden boxes on Loof's starting platform. Start off by pushing C into the teleport (A gets destroyed in the process), then enter the teleport to get to the other platform and find a way to get box C into water. And then bring B over and do the same. Remember you can enter the teleport at a different direction from the direction you pushed the box into. Hope this helps.
lgrapes
Rainbow Master

Post by lgrapes » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:06 pm

I have done everything ut now I just can not seem to time the reflector right and smash the box...ARGGGHHHHH :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

It is frustrating the H--- out of me.....I want my mommy :oops: :oops: :oops:

Lori
Martha's Vineyard and good friends...Life can not get much better!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Diversion Tactics II: Lingering Reflections

Post by Amnon » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:11 pm

Very difficult but very possible!