New Level -- The Abandoned House

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

New Level -- The Abandoned House

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:28 pm

Stinky was exploring the abandoned house but got trapped. Can you get him out?
(Begins with a sokobanic part, and in the end you have to use the old trick in order to get through.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
dunc
Rainbow Master

Post by dunc » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:33 pm

might be a bit early, but i need helpppppppppp :?

the first part is tricky enough, took me about 10 attempts and then another 5 to remember how i'd done it, the cannon part is simply devilish :shock: and the ending on the yellow transporters looks a bit tricky (assuming the button only stops the left hand conveyor), the trouble is i can't get to that button :? i just can't get over the water.

any chance of a hint please? :)
a person who never made a mistake never made anything!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:40 pm

SPOILER!
Push the upper box in the water.
Push the remaining box down and immediately go right.
Now you can push the remaining box in the water and do the rest.
I'm evil ain't I. :twisted:
Muzozavr :twisted:
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:13 pm

Excellent fun, muzozavr :D
A great sokoban (which I could do in less than 30 seconds after countless restarts :twisted: ), for the cannon part I needed nerves of steel :o , next part has been easy (compared to the rest of the level).
But the hardest part for me was that &§$"&/%/ Kaboom :? Knowing what to do and actually doing it was a different kettle of fish.

Finally got my gold and I'm glad I could leave the abandoned house. Thanks :D
dunc
Rainbow Master

Post by dunc » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:21 pm

Muzozavr wrote:SPOILER!
I'm evil ain't I. :twisted:
Muzozavr :twisted:
thanks for the hint, i was sure i'd tried that a couple of times that and got squashed, as soon as i tried it with your hint i could do it no problem. fancy getting stuck on probably easiest part of the level! :?

i went back to the box puzzle, couldn't do it again and found a much easier way (to remember) than i'd been doing it the first time :? at least i'm now proud to say i found 2 different solutions to it 8)

as for the rest, yes, you're pure evil :twisted: , and the ending was the worst of the lot!! talk about precision timing! i'm just relieved to have finished this level in well under 100 attempts. i think it only took about 80 :lol:
a person who never made a mistake never made anything!
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:21 pm

:D :D :D The Button puzzle gave me the most fits, The rest was very challenging and quite fun to do. Thanks for this excellent level. :D :D :D
Keeks
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:16 am

I spent hours yesterday trying to solve the sokoban - I'm no good at that at all. This morning I did it first try. And that was just the start of my problems! :twisted: :roll: :twisted:

I can now do the soko bit blindfold.
Worked out the TP/cannon bit, which I can now succeed in doing about 1 time in 5.
Box/conveyor bit, no problem.

But that kaboom! I've tried dozens of times (when I get that far) and I can't disable the TP in the right way. No exit :cry: :cry: :cry:

This is a truly fiendish puzzle, which I've had to give up for now.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:31 am

You can't figure it out or you do know what to do, but just can't do it?
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:04 am

I'll send a PM Muz! :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:36 pm

Wowza! I finally got through this one! After many re-starts tp master each part I made it to the kaboom area I still had a gazillion more tries before I managed to get to the exit! Definitely had to work hard to earn a gold star on this one!
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:21 pm

That Sokoban part was nice and not so hard when I had turned the lightning and spooky things off. It's funny this is the first time I see the word Sokoban here because I've a very old computer game called Sokoban and I already thought that the maker of Wonderland had used that idea.

The ice part and the cannon part aren't that hard allthough I can't get the bonuscoin near the cannon yet.

But the terrible thing is; That !@#$%^&*() kaboom makes me so nervous. I can't do it. I'm not sure but I think
I have to put the box directly north of the eastern TP and wait until the kaboom is north of the box. At that moment stepping on the western TP. Right?
Maybe it's Off-Topic because it's a general question but it has to do with this level. In WSW there is a level "Transporting" if I'm right. There is a situation that 4 Z-bots are circling around a TP. Then I can step on the other TP without going through it. Isn't that possible with a kaboom? If not, why?

Edit: I've got that bonuscoin now.
Shadow
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Shadow » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:58 pm

First of all, please don't say "eastern" "western" because I'm not a native english speaker, and have to remember which one it is in english AND which side each one is! :lol:

Second, you're completely right. There are two ways to do it, one is short but hard. It's pushing the box along a walking Kaboom. It's called "walking the Kaboom" and was first used as an obligatory trick in one of the last levels of the original Wonderland "Let's go for a Walk".
The other way is teleport back and forth and push the box one step at a time, when it's just safe to do so.
Good luck. You'll need it.

Third, most people here aren't that good at sokoban, and those that ARE good don't seem to admit it, so a tough soko section is a NIGHTMARE for most players around here. :wink: So, if you've already played Sokoban, you're lucky in that part.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:28 pm

Youcholdrio youchai!!!! Finally I completed this level. Thanks to a little exercise. For me it was an exercise twice. 1 to get a little experience with the editor and 2 to practice just the last part of the level without doing the whole level over and over again. If there are more such nervous people like me who can't do the kaboom part, they can also use this exercise :lol:

I realised today that my z-bot/kaboom question in my previous post here was a mistake because in the WSW level it wasn't about Stinky&Friends but boulders; They didn't go through the TP.

I remember that OW level with the kaboom walking. That's what I call a nightmare :wink: In this case I did it the """"easy"""" way, transporting back and forth.

I think this was a quit challenging level and I enjoyed it but I hope to meet no more kabooms for a few weeks now. 8) Thanks :D

About Sokoban, I always liked it a pretty nice game, and I could handle it when the levels are not too big but pretty clear.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Thu May 01, 2008 7:24 am

The final race with the kaboom was the hardest, otherwise a nice puzzle!
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Re: New Level -- The Abandoned House

Post by rainbowmon » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:09 pm

*FINALLY* got this. Took me a while; that ending with the Kaboom is mean... Could've bern worse though. Also, the first time I finally got the timing down without being too late to escape from the Kaboom before it got me, I, uh...

I blocked the wrong teleporter.

So, funny story: *SOMEHOW* I thought of blocking the left side and figured that doing so would allow me to go left (into the portal) instead of pushing the box up. Where does it put me out instead? To the right. AKA, the opposite side of the teleporter that the portal is on. And it took me a good bit after that to realize: "WAIT A SECOND, I'M BLOCKING THE WRONG TELEPORTER!" I don't... How did it... What in...

...IT SHOULD *NOT* HAVE TAKEN ME THAT WRONG TO REALIZE THAT. I, uh... I feel very embarrassed righg now... How in the universe did it even get that far?!?!?! And yet, I also feel oddly satisfied that I *DID* eventually figure that out, despite how obvious it should've been. Such a weird and bittersweet feeling... Amazing how a good puzzle can do that. Or, you know, a really, really bad case of being blind as a Zubat, like I apparently am.
Rainbowmon of the Care-Monic Spirits
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: New Level -- The Abandoned House

Post by Jutomi » Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:18 pm

Mfw a 2020 user played this :lol:

Stinky really shouldn't be running around in abandoned, haunted houses. But then again, I suppose the whole crew would be used to that by now. :roll:

Remember kids: It is safe to follow Stinky as long as you have the fortitude to solve sokobans and the ability to undo time three dozen times.

My video solution~
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.