New Level -- Out Of Mind

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

New Level -- Out Of Mind

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:23 am

Don't get out of mind while trying to solve this one. It's Jade, but be calm, there is no fake walls in this one. :lol:
Difficult (if you won't find any loophole)
Have... fun?! :twisted: :lol:
Muzozavr. :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:55 pm

Stinky and Loof made a great team and after a lot of tries they finally reached the exit. Excellent composition of small but fun puzzles, thanks :D
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:38 pm

This is an amazingly well thought out puzzle, the tps are tricky and the boulder moves are even trickier. My only problem is the bottom cannon which, for me, fires too quickly to reach the green button...even with a little red blocker helping out!

I'll try it again later,
bob
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:46 pm

Muzzy - I so can't do the boulder puzzle - would you mind pm-ing me a solution just to that part please :oops:

Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:04 am

Bob, check your inbox for some advices with the bottom cannon.
Lillie, check your inbox for a help on the boulders!
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:08 am

I can't do the boulder puzzle either Muz!

Help please! :oops: :oops:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:15 am

Check your inbox!
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:36 pm

My only problem is the bottom cannon which, for me, fires too quickly to reach the green button...even with a little red blocker helping out!
Thanks for the tip Muz, made it through with no cannon problem this time!
bob
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:12 pm

Thanks for the pm Muzzy - but I just can't switch fast enough - it seems impossible :shock: But I guess I am just not fast enough :oops:

Thanks anyway - shame I can't get to the other side and complete the rest because it looks like a goodun' :D
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:06 pm

:D :D :D I got through everything except the bottom, I will try later. 8)

You are a stinker, :twisted:

That boulder part didn't seem possible at first, But I finally was fast enough and moved on, Very clever. :D :D :D
Keeks
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:21 pm

:D :D :D Did it! Finally got the timing down and the exit where the chomp so gallantly gave it up so I could collect that gold star. That was a humdinger of a fast finger challenge, Thanks I think. :D :D :D
Keeks
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:24 pm

I think enough time has passed. :twisted: :lol:
Walkthrough:
For the teleporters, it's actually quite simple. The only thing you need to remember is that when you appear on the second TP, you MISS the coin on it, and you have to go back at the second TP.
The first difficulty you will encounter is the boulder puzzle.
Notice that the bridge-tile is 3-step, we will use that fact to our advantage.
Don't collect the bonus coin too early, or you will fail.
Have Loof to step on the bridge-tile, and Stinky to push the rightmost boulder right and up. You may collect that bonus coin now. :)
Now here's the main catch. Position Stinky right below the leftmost boulder, and switch to Loof. Have Loof to push his boulder left, and IMMMEDIATELY switch to Stinky and push his boulder up. If you were quick enough, when the center boulder gets hit by a rightmost one, it will get blocked by a leftmost one, and will stay in place. Traverse across the now-2-step-tile.
The box puzzle is very, very easy with only one mess-up possible in the whole puzzle.
The next, and the last difficulity, that you will face, is the cannon at the bottom. You need to use some teamwork to get a reflector in a proper position, so the box which is holding the chomper is destroyed. Move the reflector down to avoid the chomper being shot too early.
DON'T "go and use" the chomper now, because you WILL fail. First, turn three switchers in a required direction, by turning them one by one, and going back to safety after each turn. The fourth one is too far away even for this approach, and that's where we use the chomper. Move Loof to a safe place, and Stinky times it VERY carefully, and releases the chomper and goes right to the switchers. Waut for the chomper to be AS CLOSE AS YOU CAN -- then you go on the switchers. If your timing was right, the chomper will be destroyed *just* as you ride back. Now you can quickly go to the exit right across the green button. This closes the cannon, and allows Loof to exit safely. :wink:
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:58 am

Tough level! Thanks for posting your spoiler! I needed it to get all the way through! It took many tries to get the timing for the boulders right but I finally did it. Also several tries on the ending before I was able to get both guys to the exit! Thanks for a very clever brain teaser!
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:07 pm

I think this is a wonderful puzzle, but I can't complete it because of the chomper/cannon thing at the end.

Ace puzzles for teleport, boulders and boxes (I was stumped there for a bit). :D 8) :D

Stinky can get 3 conveyors to change direction, but when it comes to luring the chomper in front of the cannon at the right moment I just can't do it. I've tried at least 50 times.

Giving up now - my fingers are too old for this one! :lol:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri May 02, 2008 7:50 pm

Out of mind..... :roll: I think you can say that. On the other hand I must admit: It's genius :!: :!: But not really my thing :( I was about to give up and say: Let Amnon try this 8) But then I decided to one last try. And believe it or not; I did it, with exactly 0.0372 milliseconds left. (and a little help from the spoiler)

Question: Is there a way to let all things move in slow motion? (except Stinky of course)
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Tue May 06, 2008 6:59 am

Cool and not too hard. I loved the boulder action!
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: New Level -- Out Of Mind

Post by Jutomi » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:35 pm

I love the cryptic, mental weirdness of this level. Makes me feel a lot better about my own weird style :lol:

Had some very clever tricks in it. Many thanks :)

My video solution~
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.