Alex (8 years old) and Max (6 years old)..their first levels

Post or download easier levels specifically designed for younger players.
bouldergramp
Bronze Wonderlander

Alex (8 years old) and Max (6 years old)..their first levels

Post by bouldergramp » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:58 pm

I am their grandpa, their computer consultant. I helped them play these games when they were little but now they are on their own. I sometimes type in the text for signs for Max. I watched them complete their levels to make sure the games are not impossible. Alex's levels are very well done. Max's levels are pretty much obstacle courses but he wanted his level posted too.

So here they are.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:00 pm

These levels are amazing! :o

Actually, because of the first spike section of Alex's, I did something very risky because I couldn't figure out how to time every thing...

and, until then, I didn't know it was possible to move from one spike to another when the one you start on rises as soon as the other falls. :shock:

Any how, I'd like to say that both Alex and Max are quite good puzzle makers, all ready. :mrgreen:

I've finished Max's - I didn't get eaten by the wall-chompers, to which I'm amazed he found out,
I only learned about after three years of playing...
:lol:

However, I've not finished Alex's on account of a mental burnout I had... :(

Any ways, I do hope that, if they want to, they get to show more of their levels with the community. :D
And I do intend to finish Alex's level once my mind mends.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
bouldergramp
Bronze Wonderlander

the boys will be pleased when I read them your reply

Post by bouldergramp » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:33 pm

Thanks, they will be tickled pink when I read them your reply.

I am no help at all if anyone has a question about these levels but I can ask the boys the next time they come for grandparents day.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:47 am

Hi Alex and Max

WELCOME TO LEVEL MAKING!

I'm so glad your Grampa posted these levels. They're very good.

I've completed Alex's Deadly Pool of Lava. Excellent puzzles in here, but I had to turn the timer off because the level is impossible to complete in 10 seconds. I wondered why Qookie kept dying after pushing a steel box into the lava, and then I saw that the time had run out! :lol: :lol:

I still haven't finished Max's The Whole Section because it's so huge and I keep getting spiked at various points - spiked at points - get it? :lol: One day I may find the time and a calm space to try to complete it.

Can I recommend that if you're going to post more levels, you could save them as Alex01, 02, 03, etc. and Max01, 02, 03, etc. Then you put the title of the level in the top right-hand box in the Editor. When you do this, it's easy for us players to see who made the levels and what order to play them.

Looking forward to seeing more levels from both of you.

Thanks for the fun! :piratesmile:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
bouldergramp
Bronze Wonderlander

timer

Post by bouldergramp » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:25 pm

I am surprised Alex put a timer in his level...the boys hated timers when they were little and I remember being able to turn them off.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:08 am

I meant I finished Max's and not Alex's :shock:

Yeap, I did most of Max's level today. :D
And I thank you so much for putting in spikes and not electric tiles like I had fatefully done to a numbing extent in Electronic Arts. :lol:

Unfortunately, I was not able to finish Max's level...

I got stuck when I moved Stinky over to the springs/spikes/whitebutton/redbutton/transporter/teleporter area. :(

I don't know how to get back.

Any suggestions?

bouldergramp
Bronze Wonderlander

It will take awhile for a reply

Post by bouldergramp » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:57 am

The boys won't be here for a week or so.

I will relay your question to Max when they are here again.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:56 am

Jutomi - here's a suggestion, but I haven't completed Max's level myself:
Go back through all the TPs and up to the covered green button.
Push the box down off the green button (you don't need it any more).
Search the area for fake walls which you can go through to get back to the aqua TP, and another transporter ride.
Hope it helps!
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:17 am

Well, I've finally completed Max's level, and it was a marathon!

First time I completed it, I found I had only 205 out of 206 coins, and I'd missed it

hidden right at the beginning with Stinky and those spikes

Back to the start and got through it that time. Phew!

Thanks for the fun.

Some smaller levels would be nice! :piratesmile:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
bouldergramp
Bronze Wonderlander

I am just an observer - I don't play the games

Post by bouldergramp » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:24 am

Remember these are just little boys and they work and work on these levels. They can complete them because they are so familiar with their own work. They have no idea how difficult the levels may be to others. For Max especially, bigger is better. Alex helps Max sometimes. I am amazed they figured out the level editor after I made one or two very simple levels as examples. They started with the level editor before either one knew how to read. Alex can read very well now for an eight year old child. Max knows the words after I have told him what they are but he can't read yet.

I sit here in my recliner, on call, while they are at their computers. All I do is fix their lunch while they are here for grandparents day. I don't play the levels and don't even know what all of the objects are for.
bouldergramp
Bronze Wonderlander

This is what Max told his mother

Post by bouldergramp » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:18 pm

Jutomi wrote:I meant I finished Max's and not Alex's :shock:

Yeap, I did most of Max's level today. :D
And I thank you so much for putting in spikes and not electric tiles like I had fatefully done to a numbing extent in Electronic Arts. :lol:

Unfortunately, I was not able to finish Max's level...

I got stuck when I moved Stinky over to the springs/spikes/whitebutton/redbutton/transporter/teleporter area. :(

I don't know how to get back.

Any suggestions?
Max's words:

"Push the box so it's on the green button, but you don't go into the green gate, yet. You go on this transporter down to that big part of land and then you go through the yellow teleporter and then you go across into the yellow teleporter again, but just that here's what happens: then you go through the yellow teleporter and then you end up going from the red teleporter into the green teleporter to the pink teleporter then to the blue and then you go across the spikes, press the white button and then you go across and then you press a button and then you get 2 coins that are on the spikes and then you go across the spikes again and you go through the teleporter again and then you walk around and then you're in the big chunk of land again and you just go back on the transporter and then you don't go out of the green gate, you go IN the green gate, then you push the box into a corner - I think he was stumped that I put fake walls down. You walk through the fake walls and then I think they go up there and then down and then back through the first transporter and then you walk onto the springs and then bounce onto the ice and then you hit the conveyor belt and go around and then you hit the teleporter and win."

The bold part is probably the answer to the person's question.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:38 pm

I found the secret door... :lol:

I don't know how I missed it.

Well, I completed this on my third try. :D

On my second try, I forgot a coin at Stinky's beginning, and I was just a mere ten to fifteen seconds off from saving myself from that predicament, thus needing a restart. :lol:

And, well, you know what happened on my first try. :?

Thanks again for sharing these two levels! They were certainly quite amazing. :mrgreen:

sassy
Rainbow Keeper

Post by sassy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:15 pm

WOW! Both levels were a LOT of fun to play! I hope you both make lots more soon!!!