new models - ladybug

Custom 3d models, houses, etc. for Return To Wonderland.
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

new models - ladybug

Post by LinkyNStoof » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:48 pm

Hope you ladies aren't afraid of this insect. I think it's actually kinda cute. Depends on the size of course. :wink:

There are a total of 96 models included here. There are 3 sizes, 8 orientations, and 4 height placements, for a total of 3x8x4 = 96 variations. There are so many I have to split it up into 3 zip files.

The files are organized in 3 levels of folders. The first level folder is just "ladybug". Under that folder, you get 3 subfolders, one for each size (.5x.5 = small, 1x1 = medium, 2x2 = large). Then under each such folder, there are 8 subfolders corresponding to the orientation (south, southeast, etc.). Finally, under those folders, there are 4 3DS files named "ladybug00", "ladybug10", "ladybug15", "ladybug20". These are the placement variations. The 00 sits on a floor, the 10 sits on top of a normal-height wall, the 15 sits on top of a 1.5 wall and the 20 sits on top of a 2.0 wall. Hope all this isn't too confusing.

Obviously to use them in your own levels you'd need to copy them into your own folder and rename it.

The dead spots for the 1x1 and .5x.5 is just the center as expected. For the 2x2 sized ones, the deadspot is always the upper-left tile.

PM me if you have any questions regarding this. Also, if you need some other orientations, sizes and placements (say, having it crawling up on the sides of a house or something), just PM me and I'll see what I can do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:49 pm

and here's the screenshot
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:18 am

Wow, the're beautiful. I love ladybugs. Mind you, I wouldn't want to come across one that big! :lol:

It must have taken you days to get all these together. :shock: Those of us who are making the models appreciate how much work goes into them. 8) :D
Pauline
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:25 am

I need to mention here that because of the proposed changes to how custom levels will find custom models, I'm probably going to revamp the way the model files are organized here, so it's probably best not to download this until I've finalized how to give all 96 files their own individual names. (Currently many of the models in this pack share the same name, dinstinguished only by which subfolders they were placed in.)

I'll post again when all that is done.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:39 pm

Mmmm. That's what I meant in the other thread about the changes. It will mean a lot more work for us. :roll:

We'll have to start giving them just one style of each model :P :lol:
Pauline