Bug in The Maze ?

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
stinkyloof
Bronze Wonderlander

Bug in The Maze ?

Post by stinkyloof » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:44 pm

I can't get Stinky on the area circled in red! As soon as he geys out of the teleporter he would halt on the bottom left X and won't move right or up!

I can't find another way to get him in near Loof in the Star area.

Bug ?
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:09 pm

Not a bug, there're some invisible walls there IIRC.
In particular, notice the UFO's behaviour around that part.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:10 pm

That's probably supposed to be that way, just like X-floortiles in the RTW-editor. If you zoom in and look carefull, they even look different. They are less sharp and a little darker if I'm right.

Edit: Oh the shame of people posting the same time :lol:
stinkyloof
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by stinkyloof » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:12 pm

Ok thanks, I'm happy it's not a bug. So how do you get Stinky in the Star area near Loof ?!

What's IIRC BTW ?
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:13 pm

IIRC means "If I remember correctly"
dlcs18
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:27 pm

I did look at it when you posted the other topic about it, http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... light=maze and then I remebered about those X-floortiles or invisible walls. But right now I have a problem with the harddisk where Secret Worlds is on, so now I'm not able to replay it, or I've to start from the beginning.

I hope the harddisk can be fixed in a week or so, and then I will look at it. Or you should send me the player files. BTW I remember there was a way to cheat. If I can find how I can cheat the other levels until the maze. I'll see what I can do if someone else didn't tell how, in the meantime :D
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:38 pm

If I remember right I killed the UFO in the gate (there was a red timer though?) so you should time it right, and then run through the gate to the TP. And I thought those invisible walls are not exactly the where you marked, I thought they were in a + shape like this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stinkyloof
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by stinkyloof » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:17 pm

Once I killed the UFO through the gate, but then I lost somewhere else.

What's TP ?
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:19 pm

TP means Teleport
dlcs18
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:26 pm

Loof let's Stinky in through the yellow gate, then Stinky can either kill the ufo in the red gate (takes timing), or Loof can take the coin in the hedge and the ufo will go through the hedge and get killed by the cannon (this may take a while). After that Stinky can walk round where the ufo was moving and go through the hedge. Lead the chompers into the path of the cannon.

Hope you can follow that. :D

Those are unwalkable tiles covered with custom floors btw. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pauline
stinkyloof
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by stinkyloof » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:47 pm

Ok Pauline, thanks. Now I will try it.

These unwalkable tiles could have been avoided though :D The maze is already big enough :)
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:16 am

The unwalkable (empty) tiles are for the ufo .... to stop it going all over the place but still allow it to shoot ... they weren't put there to cause difficulty ... and then I covered them with custom floors to make them look better, they were just black before.

To be fair, it is a long, laborious level. It should have been smaller and had more puzzles in it I think, but at the time I made it I thought it would be an easy walk in the .... er .... maze. :oops:
Pauline
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:34 am

:D I never realized before that the levels in Secret Worlds actually also are sort of custom levels, made by people I know here on the forum. When I played it the first time I didn't know about the people who made it, but know I looked at the credits and then I saw more well known names of people on the forum.

I replayed the level now, (cheated on the other levels for I lost my player files) and I enjoyed it again, but just like the first time I got shot several times by those cannons. :lol: And I also remember that those unwalkable tiles were pretty confusing to me first time I played it, for I think it was the first time they were used.