Level help needed please!

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
cazza

Level help needed please!

Post by cazza » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:22 am

I am attempting to make my first custom level. Could anyone tell me how to make two different gates work (same colour). I need 2 pink gates to work from 2 pink buttons. (I have already used all other colours)

Hope you understand???

Many thanks.

Cazza (Pretty Pants) :D
sfseaman
Rainbow Master

Post by sfseaman » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:18 am

If I am understanding your question, I don't think you can do what you are trying. All gates of the same color work together. All buttons of the same color work together, although if you use different button types of the same color, you can get some interesting effects.

If you have already used all the colors, perhaps you can re-use a color from one part of the level in another. Hope this is clear, if not let me know and I'll try again. Good luck, looking forward to see what you come up with.

Steve
cazza

Thanks for your help.

Post by cazza » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:54 am

I have come across other custom levels where a same colour gate has been used in the same level, and one needed to activate the same colour gate on separate locations. Haven't been able to do this so far!!! I have posted my first level now, and had to make a change, which makes it easier. Oh well - have fun

cazza
sfseaman
Rainbow Master

Post by sfseaman » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:37 pm

It is possible that what you have come across is some of the interesting effects of using more than one type of button of the same color. For instance, if you have a square button that opens the gates of that color "permanently" but later in the level you have either a round or diamond shaped button, this will close the gates again. The square buttons of that color will no longer work, but the other ones will. A variation on this is if there is a box (for instance) sitting on a round button, then the square button of that color is stepped on, then when the box is moved, the gate will close.

Does this sound like what you have run across?

Steve