Is this way possible? (W10L5)

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Is this way possible? (W10L5)

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:39 am

OK, so basically we all remember the "ANOTHER WAY" level from RTW, huh?
Question: is it somehow possible to get four boxes out of the box-puzzle on the right?
If it is, then I know a high-scoring path. :wink: :lol: If not, then, sadly, my ability to get through the electro/spike combo at the bottom unharmed is for nothing. :(
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:43 am

You do know there's a TP in the middle of the boxes at the left near both UFO's don't you. You're not supposed to go across the spikes/electro tiles bit in the middle, you're supposed to go up top and go through the TP's.

I think the solution is to use 3 boxes to get up top, you'll have one left. Break two of the 3 boxes at the TP's. Go trough the top TP, push the box at the bottom through the TP. Follow through the TP. Push the box back over the bridge you made, so you have 2 boxes to use to get the coins. Then go back trough the TP to get to the exit. All while avoiding being shot at. :shock:

Good luck with it. I never managed to complete it. :D
Pauline
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:46 am

I know how to do it the regular way, I can do it. Question is: is it possible to get FOUR boxes from the right side?!
OR build the bridges down with only three?
I know the regular way, but if you could get four boxes from there it'd be faster and more useful for highscores...
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:49 pm

:D I'm not quite sure what you mean. Anyhow, there is another way, using 4 of those boxes. :D

In fact I had one box over (not the one on this picture below the TP) but I wasn't carefully enough pushing the box over the electro-tile and spike. :shock: 8)

Edit:
Muzozavr wrote:If not, then, sadly, my ability to get through the electro/spike combo at the bottom unharmed is for nothing. :(
I'm afraid I don't have the ability though. :lol: But I think you need 2 more boxes then, and I had only 1 box over, at least 1 could be used, the other 2 only can be pushed in the water.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:18 pm

How sad, I really wanted this to be a high-scoring path (the "direct" one). Oh well.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:37 am

Muzozavr wrote:How sad, I really wanted this to be a high-scoring path (the "direct" one). Oh well.
Well, you can make the same level with one more box, or make a level with only those difficult electro tiles and spikes. You know how the editor works! 8) :D
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:05 am

Well, it did take me quite some trial and error, but I did manage to copy the pattern, and I am going to pack it with some more action, so beware. :twisted: :lol:
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat May 23, 2009 9:29 pm

continued from: http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18818
phoenix-girl wrote:....... In other words, my computer has a faster cpu than was anticipated when the game was made, and as a result, I cannot pass the ufos without getting zapped.
Are you talking about this level?

I remember there were some quick manoeuvres avoiding the UFO's but not extremely. I don't think the CPU speed matters.

Also there are at least two ways to play this level. I think the official solution is different then I played. If you want me to write the way I played it, please let me know.