RTW W!0 L5 "There's Got To Be A Better Way"......H

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
Old Lloyd
Bronze Wonderlander

RTW W!0 L5 "There's Got To Be A Better Way"......H

Post by Old Lloyd » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:37 pm

The UFO gets me every time I try to pass at the bottom of the screen. What's the secret to avoid getting hit?

This is driving me nuts. I must have tried a hundred times.

Thanks,

Old Lloyd
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:18 pm

I'm in the same boat as you Old Lloyd. I can't finish the game because I can't do this level and the final level of this world. :lol: I'm just not fast enough! From what I've read in another thread, it's a matter of timing. I hope someone can help us boith more than that though. :wink:
SharonM
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Post by malcdelsol » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:43 am

Hi SharonM & Old Lloyd,

This is not an easy level - in fact having just played it again and knowing what to do - it still took me a dozen or so attempts to get the timing correct. You have to get it just so for passing the top UFO once and the lower UFO twice.

Having got the top UFO to blow up 2 boxes top left and 4 boxes top right you can use the remaining boxes to build a bridge across top left.
Cross, push box down red transporter then back down red transporter and you have 1 of the 2 boxes you need to get a rainbow coin (minding electric floor and spikes).

Now for the very tricky bit ...

Back across bridge and down transporter and right. I stop stinky just left of the lower right gap - as the UFO just passes, travelling left to right, you have time to go down and left and push box (lower left) through transporter and follow box through.
Immediately go right to avoid top UFO, all along then up then back left and hopefully youll not get blown up by the top UFO as you pass in opposite directions.
Push box back down red transporter and follow, quickly come around below the box push up 1 space, then right hopefully not being blown up by lower UFO as again you'll be passing in opposite directions.
Push box up the lower right gap, then left, and when UFO has just passed once again down the lower transporter.
You are now on the correct side of the box and therefore you can use this to get the second rainbow coin (minding electric floor and spikes !!)

Then finally back through transporters, pick up bonus coins and home.

I do not know of any other way and it does take persistence and good timing to complete this level.

Hope the above is reasonably clear and GOOD LUCK :lol:

Malcdelsol 8)
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Post by malcdelsol » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:45 am

Hi SharonM & Old Lloyd,

This is not an easy level - in fact having just played it again and knowing what to do - it still took me a dozen or so attempts to get the timing correct. You have to get it just so for passing the top UFO once and the lower UFO twice.

Having got the top UFO to blow up 2 boxes top left and 4 boxes top right you can use the remaining boxes to build a bridge across top left.
Cross, push box down red transporter then back down red transporter and you have 1 of the 2 boxes you need to get a rainbow coin (minding electric floor and spikes).

Now for the very tricky bit ...

Back across bridge and down transporter and right. I stop stinky just left of the lower right gap - as the UFO just passes, travelling left to right, you have time to go down and left and push box (lower left) through transporter and follow box through.
Immediately go right to avoid top UFO, all along then up then back left and hopefully youll not get blown up by the top UFO as you pass in opposite directions.
Push box back down red transporter and follow, quickly come around below the box push up 1 space, then right hopefully not being blown up by lower UFO as again you'll be passing in opposite directions.
Push box up the lower right gap, then left, and when UFO has just passed once again down the lower transporter.
You are now on the correct side of the box and therefore you can use this to get the second rainbow coin (minding electric floor and spikes !!)

Then finally back through transporters, pick up bonus coins and home.

I do not know of any other way and it does take persistence and good timing to complete this level.

Hope the above is reasonably clear and GOOD LUCK :lol:

Malcdelsol 8)