Help with Marbel Maze and a Thousand Gateways

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
neel

Help with Marbel Maze and a Thousand Gateways

Post by neel » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:46 pm

I have finished all levels except these two. I can see how to completing marbel maze once a marbel enters either entrance, I just can't get the marbel to an entrance. For a Thousand Gateways, I expect I am just too laze to stick with it. Am I missing something silly? Any help will be appreciated.
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:18 pm

Hi neel, Welcome to Wonderland.

In a 'Thousand Gateways' the answer is to just switch between Stinky and Loof opening the gates as required. Keep at it and you will eventually see there is a kind of obvious route to take.

In 'Marble Maze' start with the boulder shown below, push it anti-clockwise against the other boulders to get it inside the maze. After getting the coins, (and the bonus coins if you can), you need to get the boulder through the Green teleporter from the top of the screen. Use the 2 steel boxes to manipulate the boulder to get it above the green teleporter and you'll be fine.

Good luck,

~Old Bear
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:50 pm

Hi neel,

To help me through "Thousand Gateways" I took a screen shot of the entire level, printed it off and then worked out the route with a pen. Perhaps it's cheating a bit but it certainly worked. :wink:

Hope that helps.
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:33 pm

popo wrote:To help me through "Thousand Gateways" I took a screen shot of the entire level, printed it off and then worked out the route with a pen. Perhaps it's cheating a bit but it certainly worked. :wink:
I certainly wouldn't call it a cheat. Since you can always use the shift-arrow keys to survey the entire level, in principle instead of a screenshot, you could've manually mapped out the level by hand and then work out the route by paper and pencil.

I know that even on Wonderland 1, there were a few levels that I first worked out on paper and pencil, instead of spending hours wandering randomly in the level itself [the fact that my spatial memory isn't that great definitely leads to this way of solving certain levels :wink:]. "Tic-Tac-Toe" and "Are We Dizzy Yet?" for example.