hi and thanks...

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

angi-no e
Rainbow Seeker

hi and thanks...

Post by angi-no e » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:12 am

Hey everybody! I've been around awhile but never introduced myself.
I thought it's time to thank you and let you know what you've done for me.
I bought RTW a couple of years ago not knowing that I was getting more than a game. I got a lot of entertainment from the Platinum levels and everyone's posts. You've seen me through a divorce, office closing, moving back home to Indiana from Florida and all 3 battles my sister has waged with breast cancer.(she's currently in the 3rd)
I pretty much closed myself off to the world to "lick my wounds." I'd stay in and sit here and play the game. I'd be a by-stander and read your posts and interaction and you pulled me out of myself.
I can't thank you enough for your entertainment and the friendships I see. I can't thank you enough for the distraction. I can't thank you enough for the mental excercises and challenges. And I can't thank you enough for the laughter or your antics- sometimes in levels, sometimes in posts.
Anyway- you've helped me through some of the bigger issues in life- and I believe I've come out with only a few scrapes thanks to you all- and I just want you to know that this and you are more than a PC game.
(didn't mean to be so serious- but you've done some serious things for me.)
Thanks for seeing me to the rainbow on the other side!

Angi
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:20 am

I imagine it was hard to take the step to tell those personal things about your life. This forum is so welcoming and I believe the people here do really care about each other so much and have made lasting friendships. Just being a member means you are part of the Wonderland family! Hope you continue to be here for a long time.
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:57 am

:D :D :D Dear Angie, I'm so glad you made it thru the tuff times, I'm very happy that you found wonderland and all of us nutters, Hang in there and welcome to the family! :D :D :D
Keeks
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:01 am

Wow Angi that's really something. I agree, very brave of you to share with us. I would bet many of us have been through or are going through some tuff times right along side of you.

Sometimes it's fun to just sit back and read what all these nutters say. I did for almost a year before I started talking/typing more. Now they can't shut me up hehehe

I'm really glad you are here with us and I can tell you are a genius along with some of the rest of these crazies around here. You finish these levels so quick! You are a great help too, some of us goobers really need ya Image

Thanks and welcome to sharing with friends.
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:19 pm

Hi Angi-no-e a big welcome to you. Image

I too was a lurker for the longest time, silently reading the posts, had my share of laughs and really found myself enjoying the experience. I kept thinking I wanted to be a part of this but was too shy to post anything at the time. :shock: This game/forum really does have a way of helping you escape into another world and for awhile block painful moments in your life even if it is for an hour here and there. RTW brought the laughter back into my life and I'm thankful every day that I found them.

I'm glad you took the plunge and joined in with us nutters, you won't find a more caring bunch of people. 8)

I wish the best for you and your family.
Enjoy yourself! :D
Last edited by jcvalcar2 on Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cathy
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:45 pm

Such a lovely post Angi - thanks so much for sharing it with us! :D I am glad we could help you through some sad times. I truly hope all is well with you and best wishes to your sister.

Tis true - we are all one big happy family and also a means of escape from what life throws at us! :D I love the humour that some members bring to this forum - makes me smile :)

Take care :D

Now if any of you could just help me get rid of my inlaws who are here yet AGAIN!!!! :wink:
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:33 pm

Hi, Angi! Welcome (a little late! :D ) and thanks for the intro! This is such wonderful forum family. I'm glad you're here, and hope things are a little smoother for you in the future.
:D
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?
wonderfull
Rainbow Star

Post by wonderfull » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:36 pm

I'm a little late with the welcome too Angi, but my warmest wishes nontheless. It's a pleasure having you on board. I wish you all the best and am so glad you found us that we could help you through the valley!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's a Wonderfull life