Why are there so much leavin'???

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Super Stinker
Gold Wonderlander

Why are there so much leavin'???

Post by Super Stinker » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 am

I seem to notice that when I open Meet and Greet, I always see farewell messages. Why?
Kathryn Elizabeth Hudson is my wife. PERIOD. No more questions. THAT'S IT.
myuacc1studios
Rainbow Wizard

Post by myuacc1studios » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:58 am

Becuase they lose interest in Wonderland. That's why. :(
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:20 pm

I guess some people are losing interest in Wonderland, or it could be a chain reaction. Who knows.

I do wish that there wasn't so many threads about it though. It's getting kind of spammy. A "General Goodbye Thread" or a Meet & Greet counterpart sub-forum would be better.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:49 pm

jdl wrote:I guess some people are losing interest in Wonderland, or it could be a chain reaction. Who knows.

I do wish that there wasn't so many threads about it though. It's getting kind of spammy. A "General Goodbye Thread" or a Meet & Greet counterpart sub-forum would be better.
Well, this /is/ a greetings/goodbye forum... doing this would defeat the purpose of this subforum.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:18 pm

I'm not a huge fan of people announcing that they are leaving for reasons to do with interest loss or dissatisfaction with the community myself. Doing so makes it seem a bit embarrassing if you don't actually leave, as is often the case, and seems to generate too much angst. But, it's their decision, I guess.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:55 pm

I never announce when I leave though, and people who actually follow my few and far apart adventures get surprised and then disappointed that I'm 'mysteriously' gone for a few weeks or months. So it's not entirely a bad thing to tell people about your departure, so long's your intentions are real.

I don't cuz like everyone else I'm rarely sure of it, but my interests have changed and with it I visit this site much less often. (I still remember having 63 posts on my first day. Whoo. :shock: )

Just want to point out you should say something, but yes, a single thread would be quieter and a whole lot less messy. So I'm for that.