New 2 RTW

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

TenPenyNail
Bronze Wonderlander

New 2 RTW

Post by TenPenyNail » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:39 pm

Sheeeeesh----I finally worked my way through Wonderland, only to find RTW and this board. Hmmmm . . . I SHOULD be working . . . anyway, I'm in the Smokey Mountains, beautiful area, freezing right now.

I've got some general questions....like who is "Stinky?" And why do I see that name so often on other boards?

If I'm stuck on how to get bonus coins---is this what I put in the search thingy?

"RTW classic world 1 rolling stone?"

Because I tried that and came up blank....

Anyway, if this keeps up I'm going to need a 12 step-program to get me off the puter. "Hi, my names_______and I'm a RTW addict."

Any help anybody can give will be most most welcome. Thanks ahead of time! :roll:
If there is no wind, row!
amy25
Rainbow Star

Post by amy25 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:47 pm

First of all, welcome to the board. You will find that work is a bad word around here as is housework. Some of the other members refer to it as "rearranging." As far as Stinky goes, here is a link to the newsletter from Midnight Synergy. It has the history of the characters.

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:59 pm Post subject: Issue #1 Feedback

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue #1 was just released to e-mail. If you don't get a copy in the next few hours, send us an e-mail with your new e-mail addy and we'll add you to the subscriber list. (or e-mail Peegue )

You can also view this issue online at
http://www.midnightsynergy.com/newsletter/issue001

Second, when you use the search, if you give the game, world, level, and sometimes title, that should help you find other threads on that level. Sometimes you have to do some reading to find what you are looking for. As a last resort, post a new topic in the level solutions thread and someone will help you by giving you a previous thread or by giving suggestions.

As for being a RTW addict, join the club. Everyone here is addicted to this game and we are not afraid to say it!

Once again, welcome!
If you want to be somebody, if you want to go somewhere, you have to wake up and pay attention.
TenPenyNail
Bronze Wonderlander

Thanks 4 answer!

Post by TenPenyNail » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:08 pm

Thank you 4 the welcome!

I'm very into this 'rearranging' scheme. Hmmmm...

Cool, a newsletter.

Also, I evidently have an old RTW--what is the deluxe? And is it something I should get? Do I buy it or upgrade or or or...what?

And I misfonted in my 1st message. I wrote what's Stinky--but I meant what's a Sticky? They are in many forums. This STICKY has a paperclip beside it. Is this a forums way of saying MEMO? Just wondering.

I k now Stinky. He's Loof's friend. He's another potato or M&M or whatever.

Thanks again. Glad to be here. :D
amy25
Rainbow Star

Post by amy25 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:20 pm

K. 2nd question first. A sticky is letting you know information. For ex. In the General Discussion, a couple of the first threads are sticky. They are letting the members know information. I guess it's more of an fyi.

As far as the RTW. When you start up RTW, once it gets to the menu page, it should give you a version of the game. The current version is 2.06. Patrick/Midnight Synergy combined the classic and deluxe RTW into the same game so it is the three games, Wonderland, RTW, and Wonderland Secret Worlds.

http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2004

Here is a link to a thread talking about the upgrades. If you have version 1, it gives you help on upgrading to the next upgrade. I don't know if you have to pay for that or not. If you have v2.0 then I think the upgrade is free.

Is this helpful or clear as mud? :wink: If it helps, Great! If not, I'll try again :)
If you want to be somebody, if you want to go somewhere, you have to wake up and pay attention.
TenPenyNail
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by TenPenyNail » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:34 pm

Thanks again.

I'm off to explore....

Yipppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :lol:
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:10 pm

Welcome to the forum, TenPenyNail! And yes addiction is normal and encouraged here! To add to Amy's info - the sticky threads stay at the top of the forum rather than move down over time hence the name sticky. As you probably noticed, the normal threads move up and down as people post and new threads are generated.
As far as RTW deluxe, that is an upgrade to the classic RTW. Since you have the RTW Classic you only pay a reduced price to get the deluxe version! You need to PM Midnight Synergy to see how much it costs and how to get it. I highly recommend getting deluxe because the changes bring new elements and 2 new characters as well as more options in the editor if you want to try your hand at making your own levels! Also with deluxe you can play all the new levels being created by members daily. There are well over 3000 custom levels already! If that isn't enough reason to upgrade, Midnight Synergy is fixing to release the platinum upgrade to deluxe which will be free if you already own RTWD! We don't know what will be new with this upgrade but I'm sure it will be awesome! Last but not least is the patch v2.06 - that is for the deluxe but it may already be included when you purchase the deluxe. You will need to verify that. If it is not included, you can download the patch free from the Midnight Synergy website!
Once again, Welcome!
Sincerely, Donna
TenPenyNail
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by TenPenyNail » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:42 pm

Donna Thanks!
Yeah, now I completely understand STICKYS!! Thanks, I'm one of those people who want to know everything!
I 'found' Wonderland and RTW on my computer. I guess I got them long ago and forgot or...the gamefairy brought them. My RTW is 1.01 so I'm guessing it's an old one. Thanks for info. I have just now emailed Synergy to ask about the Delux. It sounds like it will be an ample addiction to my addiction.
I love these little potatoes. I [blush] have even found myself saying. "ohhhh" and realize I sound just like a potato. Something no one, but someone on this board, would understand.

Ohhhh...haha, I can't wait to get Synergies answer! Thanks all! And love your siggy!

TenPeny :lol:
amy25
Rainbow Star

Post by amy25 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:45 pm

I'd definitely say a nutter you are!
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:14 pm

Glad to help TPN! You will discover that a lot of us here on this forum link to our friend Shorty's website for sigs and animations. Shorty is also a wonderland nutter and forum member! Here is a link to her website if you want to check it out!
http://www.shortysanimationsandsigs.com/index.html
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:50 pm

Hi TPN,

Welcome to the forum of nutters and addicts :wink: :D It sounds like you're going to fit right in with the rest of us :lol: :lol:

Mette :D
\Mette
TenPenyNail
Bronze Wonderlander

[color=red]GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVYYYYY!!!!!![/color]

Post by TenPenyNail » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:47 am

drushing
&
mette

Thanks for the shorty page. Wow, how'd you know I'd like all those shinys? :D

Gotta go play now! :P

:arrow: :arrow: Thanks soooooooooooooooooooo much! :!: :!: [/b]
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Re: Thanks 4 answer!

Post by laura n. » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:58 am

TenPenyNail wrote:.

I know Stinky. He's Loof's friend. He's another potato or M&M or whatever.
TPN, you've got me ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , I've never heard anyone refer to the wonderland charaters as potato's :lol: :lol: :lol:
You most certainly fit right in here. :wink:

It looks like everyone else has already jumped right in to help you out, we're like that around here... a pretty helpful bunch. So the only thing you have left to do is join in the fun & games with the rest of us addicts, and be ready for your life to change as you know it. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:17 am

Hi Tenpeny, Welcome to the board. You sound like you will be a perfect fit with this nutter crowd. Enjoy!

The NC mountains are beautiful. I bet September was really pretty with all the leaves changing. I lived in the piedmont region for several years. It is not quite as cold there as in the mountains. Are you anywhere near the piedmont? We had a family reunion in Franklin once. A very scenic area.

Welcome again! :D
the cat
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by the cat » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:23 am

Welcome to the Nutter Haven,Called Wonderland.

Please fill in the Birthday thread and Annivarsary.
So you can to Happied from all the Nutters.
O"Cathy"X's
Original Member#563

Proud member of FOWL, Ramblers,PITA,CNC,CLUBS
TenPenyNail
Bronze Wonderlander

To TheCat, Gen, Laura& Amy!!!

Post by TenPenyNail » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:48 pm

Thanks!!!! :!:

I just upgraded to Deluxe---oh my potatoes are really growing up!!!! They are no couches for them! I'm soooo excited.

Yes, autumn was bootifical this year, even though everyone said it wouldn't be because we had unseasonably warm weather through September. The leaves peaked in mid-October, but it was well worth the wait.

I'm a little south of Franklin, NC. Gem city, it rocks! It's rock-bottom nice.

Well, gotta go play now.... :D

TenPenyNail
Bronze Wonderlander

Autumn Out My Window.

Post by TenPenyNail » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:09 pm

I'm attaching a picture---I think, I am. I've never attached before...so here's trying!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amy25
Rainbow Star

Post by amy25 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:51 pm

the color of the trees is beautiful. I notice the grass is still green in the pic. Is it still green now or starting to go dormant?
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:01 pm

Beautiful pic TPN, welcome to this house of fun and nutters. :lol:

Looks as though you will fit like a glove here, happy Wonderlanding. :wink: 8) :lol:
Minnie. (Polly's big sis)

Image Thanks to Kymmie.