Issue #12 Feedback

Discussion related to the Midnight Synergy newsletter.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Issue #12 Feedback

Post by Midnight Synergy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:05 am

It's just barely August, but this issue is so jam-packed that we couldn't wait any longer: ;)

http://www.midnightsynergy.com/newsletter/issue012

There are a ton of prizes to be given away in this issue, with the "My Favourite Level" feature, the 5th Anniversary Competition, and the Atari 2600 Retro Challenge, so make sure to get your entries in.

As always, have fun!
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:17 am

Excellent issue Patrick! Jam packed with great info and features!
slimm tom
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by slimm tom » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:34 am

When are you gonna tell us about your new Wonderland project Pat? And where's the Wonderland Adventures development diary?

I really want to know what's coming up next. :wink:

EDIT: And by the way, excellent issue Pat :D
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:42 am

Great issue, with exception of wonderland for atari screenshot which looks way too fake. :wink:
1) The screenshot is way too similar to screens of Atari version of Ms. Pac-Man! :?
2) The top chomper has a wall in it's mouth. :lol: LOL, what's up with that?
3) Wait... do I see QOOKIE and not Loof? :wink:
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:21 pm

Great issue. I'll have to get with my Mom since she owns an original Atari (not sure which model), she says she has about 100 games. I used to work for Coleco out of Gloversville, NY which came out with Donkey Kong many years ago. I might have put together that game console or game cartridge over 20 yrs. ago that someone is still playing. I'd be surprised if to many of them are still in existence.

I'm looking forward to the Anniversary contest, should be fun. Thanks for another great issue Patrick.
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:32 pm

That Azada game is really good. If you love puzzles this game is awesome. I bought it a month or so ago and worked the entire thing in a few days. My Wonderland playing suffered for a few days but this was a really great set of puzzles.
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:34 pm

Thanks for the comments so far.

slimm tom: No development updates yet. Where not keeping anything secret, it's just been very quiet on new WA developments lately.

uneekrose: I never owned a Coleco, but I always have my eye out for one in Garage sales. :) There is also quite a Coleco community out there (not as big as Atari) and they are still bought and sold for a hefty price on Ebay.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:19 am

Great!

P.S Is Wonderland have Online? :lol:
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:35 pm

Very enjoyable Midnight Post thanks Patrick. :D

My first computer was an Atari ST and I still run an Atari emulator on my PC. Some of the early games were great. I still have an Atari Lynx hand-held console, which was way ahead of its time. One of my favourite games on that was Chips Challenge - until Wonderland came along.

Re the favourite levels feature. Kiki's Source of Gold Stars finale was one of my all-time favourites. It had lots of innovation and looked beautiful. 8)
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:16 am

Sometimes I'll play Atarl's game,but usually RCT2 (RollerCoaster Tycoon 2)
I think it's hard to control RCT3 because it's 3d,and I like RCT2 better :)
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Re: Issue #12 Feedback

Post by Erwin042 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:39 am

Midnight Synergy wrote:It's just barely August, but this issue is so jam-packed that we couldn't wait any longer: ;)

http://www.midnightsynergy.com/newsletter/issue012

There are a ton of prizes to be given away in this issue, with the "My Favourite Level" feature, the 5th Anniversary Competition, and the Atari 2600 Retro Challenge, so make sure to get your entries in.

As always, have fun!
Didn't like the newsletter. It's the dull season. Bringing back the Atari games??? Nostalgic experiences.
Only the wonderland gallery is about Wonderland.

I've read it. I'm not going to praise it. I'm just hoping to see something new for WA or something new.

The Wonderland best custom level contest is very good. But why must I bother about that? I don't make custom levels. I don't like RTW so much as all the others do. And I already have the midnightsynergy collection.
Of course I could give it as a present to a friend. But blablabla blablabla bla bla bla.....................

I'm dreaming about the next newsletter.
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: Issue #12 Feedback

Post by dlcs18 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:26 am

Erwin042 wrote:Only the wonderland gallery is about Wonderland.
I don't think there is a gallery in this one. :lol:
dlcs18
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:14 pm

Great news letter, I always enjoy reading the nostalgic bits, especially since I was around when Atari first came out (showing my age now aren't I :wink: ) and played most of these games.
BTW what was wrong with Pong??? I played it for hours upon hours :P

Funny how far "gaming" has come .. which brings me to Azada,
FANTASTIC game, I found it before the news letter came out, couldn't stop playing until I finished it. Hmmmm .......... what other game does that remind me of Image
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:59 pm

Laura, remember Asteroids the arcade game? I used to stand at that game at the Roller Rink for hours and hours....didn't get much skating in hehehe

Pong, Asteroids, Centipede OMG bringin' back the memories!!
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
wonderland01
Rainbow Master

Post by wonderland01 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:39 pm

Great Issue Patrick. :wink:

Laura N. I loved Asteroids. I used to have a Retro Games thing where you coulds play that,and I think I beat dad EVERY time. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Once it gets fast,I'm hopeless. :lol:
wonderland01
Rainbow Master

Post by wonderland01 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:41 pm

And in an earlier issue,on the Retro GAmes thing,I had the 3 adventures. They are SO hard. Air Hockey at the arcade is nice,my Dad Creamed me 6 to 2.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:52 am

Fun,huh?

P.S Your Avatar is cool! :stinkycool:
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:10 am

:D :D :D Yup! I was around when those early games came out and I loved Asteroids, Hey Robyn! I guess that puts us in the same age catagory. :D :D :D
Keeks
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:05 pm

Wonderlanderoldfarts?
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:26 pm

Great issue! I remember playing some of the Atari games, but not too many!

I tried the Ricochet and Robot game; I liked Mr. Robot enough to buy it. Already completed it, so probably not as worth my money as some other games. I'll have to try that third game, too.

Thanks, Patrick!
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:25 am

wonderlandlover wrote: I tried the Ricochet and Robot game; I liked Mr. Robot enough to buy it. Already completed it, so probably not as worth my money as some other games. I'll have to try that third game, too.
Interesting comment about Mr. Robot - I haven't gotten very far into it so far - but it looks like a very big game, how big would you say the gameworld was (say, compared to WA?)

About Ricochet - there was just a video upload of some of the later levels, which are really neat to see:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKaXsU6tE-8
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:10 am

rescuefire wrote:Laura, remember Asteroids the arcade game? I used to stand at that game at the Roller Rink for hours and hours....didn't get much skating in hehehe

Pong, Asteroids, Centipede OMG bringin' back the memories!!
Oh jeese Robyn now you're making me feel really old :P .. I'd forgotten about Centipede, that game use to really tick me off :evil: but I'd pump more quarters into it :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:13 am

wonderlandlover wrote: I tried the Ricochet and Robot game; I liked Mr. Robot enough to buy it. Already completed it, so probably not as worth my money as some other games. I'll have to try that third game, too.

Thanks, Patrick!
The third game is Azada .. a really fun puzzle/mystery game, but it's one of those that once you've done it... you've done it :roll:
paulm12
Rainbow Keeper

Post by paulm12 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:31 pm

I have always been a fan of ricochet xtreme, lostworlds, and recharged.
Thank you for the new one. (did any one notice the reflexive was an infinity sign like the game?)
If you're reading this, you've officially finished the actual post and are just reading my pointless sig.
Paul Mayer
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:48 am

Midnight Synergy wrote:
Interesting comment about Mr. Robot - I haven't gotten very far into it so far - but it looks like a very big game, how big would you say the gameworld was (say, compared to WA?)
I definitely don't think it's as large as WA. I completed it in 3 days tops. In the normal version, it is not as complex as WA, either; I haven't tried it in the hard version. I think it has the potential to be an even more awesome game, if you could utilize the User Adventure option, which seems to not be available in this version. It could be more challenging if there were more puzzle elements in individual rooms. I'd say there were only a handful that took me a good length of time.

Personally, when getting the most bang for the buck, nothing really compares to RTW, and the others are close behind. I spent a good deal of time on SW, and Original Wonderland. WA didn't take as long, but I was much more obsessive! :lol:

Anyway, those are my thoughts! :D
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Post by eeyore31 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:10 pm

rescuefire wrote:Wonderlanderoldfarts?
I belong to that club :lol: I still have my atari2600. One of my fav games at the arcade was Crystal Castles. Although I got a pc version, it's not the same as standing there in the arcade, pocket full of quarters, using the rollerball and hearing all the other ping ping noises around me. Ahhh yes....memories!!! :lol:

edit: ps....I bought Azada (I pay 6.99 per game at Big Fish) and have played it through at least 3 times now. My favorite game is Squares I think.
Yes, I'm a donkey......
and I'm purple.....
and I am Polly, Minnie's little sister.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:48 pm

eeyore31 wrote:
rescuefire wrote:Wonderlanderoldfarts?
I belong to that club :lol: I still have my atari2600. One of my fav games at the arcade was Crystal Castles. Although I got a pc version, it's not the same as standing there in the arcade, pocket full of quarters, using the rollerball and hearing all the other ping ping noises around me. Ahhh yes....memories!!! :lol:

edit: ps....I bought Azada (I pay 6.99 per game at Big Fish) and have played it through at least 3 times now. My favorite game is Squares I think.
Welcome Back! :D

P.S:I like ping pong too! :D
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:54 pm

Eeyore! I'm in that Big Fish game club thinga majiger too. I pay 6.99 a month but so frequently I pay 6.99 extra here and there and get more games hehehe

Love that Azada game. I too have been through it a few times. Good stuff, it's full of all kinds of puzzle games. I highly recommend it!
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:35 am

eeyore31 wrote: One of my fav games at the arcade was Crystal Castles. Although I got a pc version, it's not the same as standing there in the arcade, pocket full of quarters, using the rollerball and hearing all the other ping ping noises around me. Ahhh yes....memories!!! :lol:
Crystal Castles - neat game. Although I mostly played it on the Commodore 64 (which also didn't have the essential rollerball controls). There was a PC quasi-remake (mid 1990s) called "Gubble", which was also pretty decent.

Too bad good ol' fashioned arcades don't really exist anymore.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:39 am

laura n. wrote:BTW what was wrong with Pong??? I played it for hours upon hours :P
Nothing wrong with Pong at all! :D :D I just meant that most of the home games in the mid 70s were pong variations (in fact, even Atari had a dedicated home Pong system before the 2600).