Issue #15 Feedback

Discussion related to the Midnight Synergy newsletter.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Issue #15 Feedback

Post by Midnight Synergy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:21 pm

Thank god (or at least pope Gregor XIII) for the leap year! With hours to go, we slipped Issue #15 into a February release!

http://www.midnightsynergy.com/newsletter/issue015

Enjoy!
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:35 pm

Ah another great issue.

So good to see Lizzie and Kiki highlighted in this issue. Those sure are two of this forum's most valuable members!

Good to see two favorite games highlighted as well. I sure wish I was as bright as some of our younger members to be able to understand the WA editor....it is so tempting but daunting at the same time.

Great stuff Patrick, thanks again :D

P.S. Thanks for finally revealing the mystery of that blue flower!!!
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:49 pm

And you released the 15th issue in February. At the very last day! Thank god this month had an extra day ! :wink: :lol:
Duiveltje
Rainbow Master

Post by Duiveltje » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:40 pm

Thanks Patrick for that nice tribute for Kiki and Liz. They are great level makers.

I hope that the next midnight you give some attention to other great level makers as Lillie and Kaz67.

It is nice to see some questions answered by great level makers and buddy forum-members.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:46 am

Congratulations to Liz and Kiki for getting their '15 minutes of fame' in the Midnight Post. They both more than deserve it for all their hard work providing us with so much fun. Long may it continue. :D

Can't wait for the next WA to come out. Looking forward to visiting Fire Island again. I don't think I'll be joining in the making of it this time though, way too complicated for my tiny brain to cope with I'm afraid :lol: (unless you'll be wanting any more accessories that is :wink: ). Many of the younger members have taken to it like a duck to water though so I'm sure there'll be plenty of them willing and able to help out.

:D :D
Pauline
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:02 pm

Oh Popo I sure hope you help Patrick out! You make the coolest models and as you say "accessories" and really make the game rich with fun!
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:55 pm

Great issue Mr P and a fine tribute to Keeks and Lizzie :D :D :D It is so nice that we can give them credit for all their great contributions to the Wonderland Community! :D Both of you so deserve this - we all lurvers ya :P

Sooper and Dooper :D :P :D
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:21 pm

Great issue Patrick :D :D

Will there be updates on how WA:MOFI is going in future issues :?: :?:
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:00 pm

Patrick - Thanks for putting the whole PQ series so it could be downloaded in one go. I couldn't have done it without the continual support of Popo who came up with fabulous models whenever I asked for them. Thanks also to Janet - I've used several of her brilliant models.

It's great to see Keeks acknowledged for all his hard work. His output is phenomenal and inventive, every level is unique, challenging fun. It won't be long before he reaches 1000 levels - amazing!

I agree with Diuveltje - perhaps your next issue could feature Lillie (who is on her way to 700 levels) and Kaz67 (who has made over 500).

Enjoyed the WA feature. So far I haven't been able to get to grips with the Editor, so I don't think I'll be submitting anything for the new WA game.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:38 pm

Thanks for the comments so far - I definitely want to make the community member highlight a regular feature. It might take a while for me to get around to everyone, though. ;)
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:42 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:Thanks for the comments so far - I definitely want to make the community member highlight a regular feature. It might take a while for me to get around to everyone, though. ;)
Can I send a tutorial level? :lol: :lol: :lol:
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:16 pm

Liz wrote:His output is phenomenal and inventive, every level is unique, challenging fun
Thanks Liz, I am in good company as far as level designing goes, Count yourself into the phenomenal and inventive category as your PQ level series is outstanding in every way, Lets not forget Lillie fast coming up on the 700 mark with all her levels such top notch puzzlers.
Then there is Kaz who has passed the 500 level mark with her very unique levels in such tight spaces.

A big thanks to Patrick for giving us this forum to come and relax while playing all the great levels.

Thanks to the texture/model/house/and background designers for all the great stuff that you provide for us to use in our levels.

I think a highlight for community member is a great idea for the Midnight Post. :D :D :D
Keeks
slimm tom
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by slimm tom » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:55 pm

Great issue! It's nice to see some more WA updates. I think I'll be submitting a sample level, but I don't know for sure yet. The editor isn't that complicated once you get the hang of it. Especially with the new version out, which adds all the separate apps into one app.
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:05 am

Wonderful Issue!!

Congratulations to Kiki and Lizzie for being the STARZ! :D

You both, very much deserve it! :D :D :D :D :D :D 8)
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:17 am

Nice issue there Patrick. I enjoyed seeing Kiki and Liz get the recognition they really deserve, their levels are stupendous to say the least, I only wish I could be so talented. They have both given me many hours of fun and frustration, when I am stuck they gladly lend a hint or two. Lillie and kaz are great level makers also and their day will come. It's nice seeing people recognized for their contributions and hard work.
duncan
Rainbow Seeker

Post by duncan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:56 pm

how much does sending the levels cost????? :? :?: :!: :idea: :arrow:
Don't judge a person by his look,but his heart
Anytime, Anyplace, Adventure Always Awaits!
Last edited by Loof on 1/1/19999999999999999 BC; edited 98998 in total.
slimm tom
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by slimm tom » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:44 pm

duncan wrote:how much does sending the levels cost????? :? :?: :!: :idea: :arrow:
If you mean sending a sample level to Patrick for WA:MOFI, nothing.
superquookie
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by superquookie » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:19 pm

Where is the update.im just a tiny forumite :(
IM BACK!

remember quookie;)
superquookie
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by superquookie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:48 am

bump! :lol:
IM BACK!

remember quookie;)
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:40 am

maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:22 pm

Whould it be ok to use gliches in WA:MOFI adventures??

For example have a skitter on a button with the flip glich??
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
slimm tom
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by slimm tom » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:10 pm

maxnick wrote:Whould it be ok to use gliches in WA:MOFI adventures??

For example have a skitter on a button with the flip glich??
No, I don't think so. Because if the glitch gets fixed later on, the level will be unbeatable.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:12 am

slimm tom, I believe the double object glitch would stay in game but not in editor because the level data is saved with that and calls for it, so if it wasn't possible to do in the editor, it would probably stay in the gameplay.
Com Rante
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Com Rante » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:56 am

I've liked what you've done with the "Making of WA" series MS. I have enjoyed it very much.

I'm actually interested in your open invite to hire some level designers. Could I ask you some questions about it though?

1. Would level designers be able to request a certain gameplay element or editor feature to help them make their level...

&

2. Would you let the level designer see the progress of the game so that they could keep their work consistent with the current state of the game?
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:09 am

Please no glitchy levels as your example level. See again the detailed description of requirements in http://www.midnightsynergy.com/newslett ... /page6.htm

Again, submit your "application" level to us via e-mail before end of April (with solutions). Your level will be examined and played very carefully. In the end we'll select designers based on how good their submissions are, and will contact you shortly after April about the possibility of level designing.
Com Rante wrote:1. Would level designers be able to request a certain gameplay element or editor feature to help them make their level...
&
2. Would you let the level designer see the progress of the game so that they could keep their work consistent with the current state of the game?
1. No, the new features for MOFI are pretty much set in stone. You'll get the new level editor with the new features. In order for the levels to fit the overall game, you'll also be told what features are allowed to be used in what areas, etc.

2. Not sure about that yet... it kinda depends on how many levels are being made by community designers. If it's just a few, then we'll just do it level by level. If a designer (by mutual agreement, i.e. we're really impressed by your designs and you have the time/interest) does a larger set of adventures, then there would be more integration.

Hope that clears things up a bit more.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:38 am

Midnight Synergy wrote:Please no glitchy levels as your example level. See again the detailed description of requirements in http://www.midnightsynergy.com/newslett ... /page6.htm

Again, submit your "application" level to us via e-mail before end of April (with solutions). Your level will be examined and played very carefully. In the end we'll select designers based on how good their submissions are, and will contact you shortly after April about the possibility of level designing.
Com Rante wrote:1. Would level designers be able to request a certain gameplay element or editor feature to help them make their level...
&
1. No, the new features for MOFI are pretty much set in stone. You'll get the new level editor with the new features. In order for the levels to fit the overall game, you'll also be told what features are allowed to be used in what areas, etc.

2. Not sure about that yet... it kinda depends on how many levels are being made by community designers. If it's just a few, then we'll just do it level by level. If a designer (by mutual agreement, i.e. we're really impressed by your designs and you have the time/interest) does a larger set of adventures, then there would be more integration.

Hope that clears things up a bit more.
So can I send a tutorial adv?
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Boppelist
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Boppelist » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:31 am

Does the tutorial level have to be about MOFI, or any kind of level?
:D Image :D
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:25 pm

tyteen and boppelist: again, please read the page in the midnight post. The adventure you're sending me is not going to be used in WAMOFI, and so doesn't need to be a about MOFI or be a tutorial level... think of the level you're sending as a "job application". We will select designers based on the best levels submitted.
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Post by Blast!10 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:03 pm

But you said he/she will be payed a fee for each level that is included in WA:MOFI.

But no levels are gonna be included in WA:MOFI... So the fee ends up being nothing! :lol:

It's like a Pokemon that has an attack like this:
[Grass][Grass][Colorless] Triple Scratch [20x damage]
Flip 3 coins. For each heads*, put 2 damage counters** on the Defending Pokemon.
* For each heads: For each time the coin lands on heads.
** Damage counter: 1 damage counter=10 damage=10 HP less.

So what if you have enough energy to attack, and you attack, and all three coins are tails? Then the number of heads is 0. So 20*0=0, and thus the Defending Pokemon gets no damage counters at all! :lol:
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:02 pm

Blast!10 wrote:But you said he/she will be payed a fee for each level that is included in WA:MOFI.

But no levels are gonna be included in WA:MOFI... So the fee ends up being nothing! :lol:
<Bangs head on table.>

Anyways, hopefully some people who understand the submission process will submit a level.