Help! "Button Me Down"

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
Peegue4Ever
Gold Wonderlander

Help! "Button Me Down"

Post by Peegue4Ever » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:22 pm

How am I suppsoed to complete this level? I can get the key, but the wee stinker gets hit before I can get back to him. :( No one else seems to be this far in the game, but it can't hurt to try. :roll:
Peegue4Ever
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Peegue4Ever » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:22 pm

Well, I managed to get past this level, but now I need help with "Twist and Slide", in the place with the three transporters that are red, yellow, and orange. :?
Oslo
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Oslo » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:57 pm

Do you want to tell how you managed Button me Down? Please dont say I have to be faster. :evil:
Peegue4Ever
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Peegue4Ever » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:09 pm

Highlight for spoiler:
First, make the stinkerstand one space away from the button, and then move into a position as far away from the stinker as you can as long as you can see him. Then, tell the stinker to mvoe on the button when the spikeball passes the button to the right, and run to the kay and back, and move the stinker as soon as you can see him. If you start running from the place where the stinker is, you won't have enough time, so you need a head start by moving as far away as you can in the beggining.
Peegue4Ever
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Peegue4Ever » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:49 am

Well, I FINALLY completed that level. It was really fun standing for hours trying to find the right combo. When I found out what it was, I realized I had made a foolish assumption. :? But now the latest level in this fiesta of unfinished adventures is "There and Back Again". I ahve absolutely no clue how to get the dragonturtle aaaaaaallll the way over there. :P
syclone
Silver Wonderlander

Button me down

Post by syclone » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:00 am

I tried puting the stinker one space below the red button and moving as far away as I can but I can't even come close to getting back in time form getting the yellow key to move him before he gets hit
New Wonderland Adventurer

Post by New Wonderland Adventurer » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:51 am

I just finished this level a minute ago. It's definitely not easy, but here's 2 more hints that might help:
(highlight to read) wrote:1) Instead of having the Wee Stinker stand next to the red button, have him start off further away from the red button, but start making him move towards the button earlier. Start moving yourself towards the red door well before the Wee Stinker reaches the red button.

2) When you make your move to get the yellow key and get out, use the keyboard and take full advantage of diagonal moves since they are faster. [edit: I take that back; if you're accurate w/ your mouse clicking, using the mouse might be better because it always ensures the shortest path to where you click. Try both method and see which works best for you]
PM me if you want more help.
rebel
Gold Wonderlander

Post by rebel » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:12 pm

Finally finished this with help from the hints on this topic

SPOILER
Have stinker stand at the furthest point vertically from the red button.

Stand as far away as you can whilst still seeing button.

Have stinker ready to move and when spiky hits the button let go of mouse button and use mouse to move as this will take you on shortest route.
Hope this helps

Marilyn
rebel
Gold Wonderlander

Post by rebel » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:28 pm

Finally finished this with help from the hints on this topic

SPOILER
Have stinker stand at the furthest point vertically from the red button.

Stand as far away as you can whilst still seeing button.

Have stinker ready to move and when spiky hits the button let go of mouse button and use mouse to move as this will take you on shortest route.
Hope this helps

Marilyn
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:49 pm

Wow this was a tough one! Finally finished with all of your help. Although I blew it trying to freeze that little spikey ball a few times but finally got my star!!

Thanks ya all
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Button Me Down

Post by Erwin042 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:56 pm

I start here, but I come everytime too late. Is it me? Or do I start wrong?
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:02 pm

I got thru this first part. But not starting at position shown at picture.
Where I stand the stinker will stand. And I stand a 1 move down.
When the spike goes from left over the button it's time to start.
Hopefully I remember it right.

Now ont the next part!
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

SPOILERS

Post by Erwin042 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:14 pm

I've got the yellow key. Now open the yellow gate.
It was tricky. When the spike goes by. Start moving to the gate. Open it, stand on the Brr and use it to make a bridge to the top. But then faster!
Next is collecting the gems. Freeze the spike when it's on the button and go near the gate. Make a bridge and make bridge back, recharge on Brr and come back.
Now to get the key. Freeze spike on the button. Go thru the red gate at the bottom! You've got 8 Brr's left for making 2 bridges. So: THE END for this level
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:16 pm

What I did was put the stinker one more spot down than he is in the picture. Far enough down so that I can place him on that button. Then I could stand one more spot down from whats in the picture. I also used the mouse to click me to where I had to get to the key and then back up again. It took me probably four tries once I read the hints to get the key. Then I figured the rest myself. I was going totally in the wrong direction to get the gems DUH but finally got out of there. If anyone still needs help on getting over to the gems PM and I'll try to help.

Cracks me up that I may actually have a helpful hint LOL
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
lizwiz
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by lizwiz » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:34 pm

I don't know how many times I have tried this one but I'm still not quick enogh. I can nearly make it but nearly is nowhere near good enough. GRRRRR!
Liz (the Wiz)
No trees were killed in the making of this message...however, a large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced
ommy
Silver Wonderlander

Post by ommy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:21 pm

i'm with rescuefire.
i started the weestinker at the bottom of the island, with me standing so i can see both the key and the button. prepare to direct the wee stinker to the button, but wait until the spikeyball hits it going left. release the wee stinker, click the bridge to start yourself moving, then click the key. as soon as you get the key have your cursor ready to click somewhere near where you started and while you're moving, have your cursor ready to save the wee stinker. you have to be precise, there isn't one step to waste!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:48 pm

Start with your the little stinker at the white X. Stand your stinker where he is now. Click the stinker and drag to the button but DON'T release your finger. Keep your eye on the top right corner of the screen and as soon as you see the spikey ball enter the screen lift your finger and start walking to the gate. Click on the key to get there in the shortest distance and do the same on the way back. As soon as you can see the stinker drag him down a tile or two. The ball should still be 2 or 3 tiles away when you move him. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pauline